The Spinning Back Fist Counter

ConcreteCracker

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
I have noticed that the Spinning Back Fist is almost exactly like a Roundhouse Kick but with the arm. With that being said there is a simple defense to it of course being to block from the same side it's coming from and use the other arm to push it down. A counter to it is to pull back and return with a Rear Straight or a Rear Elbow (both defenses to a High Roundhouse). Now I have been asking myself. Is there a way we could check the Spinning Back Fist with our Elbow just like we check a Low Roundhouse with our Knee? I'm thinking about stuff like this and I've come to see that Arms are small forwards Legs as Legs are big backwards Arms. A Rear High Spinning Back Kick shares some similarities with a Lead Hook. I've been letting my mind be devoured by stuff like this. If I'm right let yours too...Let me know what you ***HONESTLY*** think :p

Attachments

• Compare.png
    Compare.png
    130.3 KB · Views: 13
you would block a spinning backfist the same way you would block a hook.

you would block a spinning backfist the same way you would block a hook.

110% True. Covering up definitely works but my problem is I always found my opponent following through with the spin and then they dart off which becomes harder to counter.

Attachments

• Darts Off.png
    Darts Off.png
    303.8 KB · Views: 2
Blocking it like a Left High Kick does actually help to be able to create momentum for the Straight Right.

Attachments

• High Kick Block.png
    High Kick Block.png
    522.9 KB · Views: 4

Attachments

• Check.png
    Check.png
    668.3 KB · Views: 6
Back