The Star Trek Thread, V5.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
oooooooo Trills and section 31 oh my

Alan Van Sprang, AKA, Leland, here portraying a Trill bar patron, will be featured on Season 2 as a undercover section 31 operative.

header-leland-trill.jpg

We have our captain Pike.

Filming for Season 2 starts next week so expect a bunch of casting and production news

Whatever potential this series generated they have squandered completely.
Star Trek Discovery: “I’ve made a lot of bad emotional choices”
Phenomenal piece summarizing how this series has been crippled by what I call the "comic book effect": death doesn't matter, authorial decisions are never truly final, there are no limits, and thus nothing means anything.

It's too bad after such a promising (if not at all "Trekkian") start. I've been so f**king bored watching the last two episodes. I've been bored with Tyler since Day 1. Awful, uninteresting character, and an even less interesting and dynamic actor. Every one of his scenes and subplots has been excruciatingly tedious.

I can barely suffer the show, at all, at this point.

The moment I found out it was a prequal, all hope was lost.

The moment I found out it was a prequal, all hope was lost.
I urge you to give it a chance. I have no idea why they didn't go with a post Nemesis(Fuller pitched the show as both and anthology that would explore a different era and ship in Trek history, and that Discovery would be a time time ship. The suits at CBS insisted it be around Kirk's era), but that fact of the matter is Discovery id the best first season of any Trek series. It starts off odd, and the first 2 episodes are really prologue, and the show really starts with episode 3. I tell most people to watch the first 4 or 5 episodes before you make your judgement. Its not perfect, but they did a good job, and considering most first seasons in trek are by far there worse. Hell in this day and age TNG would never have had a chance, if you go back and watch season 1. This isn't directed just at you, this goes for anyone, lots of people watched the first episode on free TV and based the whole show off that one episode, that was only half of the intro to the series. c did that thinking it would make people want to subscribe, but that was a terrible choice(episode looked amazing, but way to many plot hole).

Everyone can also get a free month of CBS All access right now, if you wanna check it out.

Hahaha someone change Beyond's final battle scene from Bestie Boys Sabotage, to "Faith of the heart" from Enterprise. Cringe worthy....

Tig Notaro will play Chief Engineer Denise Reno of the USS Hiawatha in the upcoming season, which kicks off production later this month

Don't know who that is, or the ship shes on.

I urge you to give it a chance. I have no idea why they didn't go with a post Nemesis(Fuller pitched the show as both and anthology that would explore a different era and ship in Trek history, and that Discovery would be a time time ship. The suits at CBS insisted it be around Kirk's era), but that fact of the matter is Discovery id the best first season of any Trek series. It starts off odd, and the first 2 episodes are really prologue, and the show really starts with episode 3. I tell most people to watch the first 4 or 5 episodes before you make your judgement. Its not perfect, but they did a good job, and considering most first seasons in trek are by far there worse. Hell in this day and age TNG would never have had a chance, if you go back and watch season 1. This isn't directed just at you, this goes for anyone, lots of people watched the first episode on free TV and based the whole show off that one episode, that was only half of the intro to the series. c did that thinking it would make people want to subscribe, but that was a terrible choice(episode looked amazing, but way to many plot hole).

Everyone can also get a free month of CBS All access right now, if you wanna check it out.

People seem to really have a short memory when it comes to TV shows, especially shows like Star Trek that generally go for many seasons.
The first SEASON of MANY shows can be pretty shitty until kinks , cast, and writing gets worked out.
The first 2 episodes of this show are odd, and generally not good imo, but the show gets a lot better as it goes on.
Not sure why so many people are hating on this show.

Jonathan "two takes" Frakes, aka the king of the number ones, will be back to direct Discovery. He flies to Toronto in two weeks, and will be filming 2 episodes this season, episode 2 and 10. And he's already leaking stuff, episode 2 will feature captain Pike and include flashback scenes between a young Burnham and Spock.

Discovery season 2 starts filming TOMORROW!

Take a peak at this season 2 production video. Get a load of those Red and yellow uniforms.... Bryan Fuller actually wanted these exact designs, closer to the boring album tos designs, but that along with many of his other ideas were changed last minute.

I saw one of those bottles at a antique store, and got all excited that I found a DS9 prop. The owner actually took pity on me and said it was just a popular wine bottle designs from European wine bottles in the early 70s. I told her I thought It was a Cardassian Kanar bottle, and she said "I don't think the Kardashians were alive yet when this was made"

Jonathan Frakes has been in Toronto for a week starting production on Episode 2.2 of Discovery which he is directing along with episode 10 later in the season.

Here he is posing with some custom Trek pies at the craft service table

DcIfLAXVAAAFEYP.jpg

Here's a cool poster, the crew from Castle presented for Frakes, after one of his numerous stints as director.

castle_original.jpg

Quite interesting. Why could she be visiting Toronto...... I think a certain show may be produced up there......

Watch, Discovery ends up being V2 of the Enterprise finale, just Riker and Troi, still messing around in the Holodeck, enraging a new generation of fans

It's sad that every show since Voyager has been worse than Voyager which was no good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back