The Star Trek Thread, V5.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, the only decent one was First Contact.

Generations was probably the biggest theatrical disappointment for me next to The Phantom Menace. The worst thing about it is that they pulled most of the creative resources from TNG during the final season to focus on Generations and ended up turning out a bunch of really mediocre episodes and a shitty movie.
First Contact was garbage. The whole plot was ridiculous.
If the Borg can travel back in time that easily, what was to stop them from making another attempt at a point in time when the Enterprise could not follow them? Also, the Enterprise crew would have completely fucked up the time line by revealing to Cochran that they were time travelers. All around terribly stupid.
Nemesis was by far the best TNG movie (despite the the hate that it gets).

First Contact was garbage. The whole plot was ridiculous.
If the Borg can travel back in time that easily, what was to stop them from making another attempt at a point in time when the Enterprise could not follow them? Also, the Enterprise crew would have completely fucked up the time line by revealing to Cochran that they were time travelers. All around terribly stupid.
Nemesis was by far the best TNG movie (despite the the hate that it gets).

Yeah, I agree that premise of First Contact is laughable, but I thought that it was a decent flick if you ignore its flaws.

I admit that I haven't seen Nemesis since it came out, so I'm probably not in the best position to critique.

Stewart's 78 years old. I'm not sure what t make of this.

He's incredibly good, though, so it could be interesting.

Sheesh... I remember thinking "He's looking pretty old" when I saw him in the first X-Men movie. (2000)

Sheesh... I remember thinking "He's looking pretty old" when I saw him in the first X-Men movie. (2000)

Patrick-Stewart-had-a-concern-about-doing-Logan.jpg

That was the best performance for either one of them in that entire franchise.

Next to Dark Knight, it should be considered the best comic book movie ever.

Like Dark Knight, it transcended the 'comic book movie' genre, and is well respected among general audiences and critics.

I don’t know what to make of this. I love Picard, but I’m afraid we could be heading down the path of Star Trek over saturation like we are with Star Wars.

I loved Voyager.

I don’t know what to make of this. I love Picard, but I’m afraid we could be heading down the path of Star Trek over saturation like we are with Star Wars.
Ent was 2005 and Discovery is space action with ST coating.

I'm ready for some oversaturation

I loved Voyager.
Mulgrew was born to play Janeway and a starship captain.

Too bad the characters were so ill used.

I was just watching the ep where a Harry Kim from an alternate time line saves the Enterprise from a catastrophe he caused, brilliant

Mulgrew was born to play Janeway and a starship captain.

Too bad the characters were so ill used.

I was just watching the ep where a Harry Kim from an alternate time line saves the Enterprise from a catastrophe he caused, brilliant

I loved that episode...

"Just remember Harry... You owe me one."

BRILLIANT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back