The Star Trek Thread, V5.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wtf
ST has always been about broad inclusiveness. It's been an SJW paradise since day one of the original series.
The first interracial kiss on teevee belongs to ST.
It was never nearly as in your face as it is in discovery- it comes across as so hilariously forced i really can’t take it seriously

Will it be super pc and progressive like Discovery?

If so, no thanks. i’m afraid it will though

You are an imbicile if you think Star Trek will be friendly to conservatives. It is liberal anti-conservative at its core.

You are an imbicile if you think Star Trek will be friendly to conservatives. It is liberal anti-conservative at its core.
What? I’m not looking for any political agenda conservatives or liberal in star trek. The exploration of liberal/sjw agendas is incredibly forced in the new show

Finally some good news out of the Star Trek franchise. It's been a long time since anything good has been done here.

When I first read that it was official that Picard was coming back, this was the theme that played in my head....

This is some good news for Star Trek. Haven't had that in a long time.

I hope it's not Justin Lin directing again. He turned that shit into space Fast and Furious garbage. I could also take a break from JJ Abrams' lens flares destroying my eye sight.

I don’t trust these idiots to come up with anything compelling, or worthy of Stewart.

They better not fuck this up. CPT. Picard is my fave TV character of all time and TNG is a legendary show. This had better be good.

I am excited, I mean how can you not be? They got to get the writing correct though. No Brannon Braga please or Rick Berman. Movie Picard was shadow of his TV self. We need classic All good things Picard.

Ok so here is who is involved with the creation and writing of the new Picard Series

Alex Kurtzman, James Duff, Akiva Goldsman, Michael Chabon, and Kirsten Beyer

Kurtzman is the new Rick Berman of present day Star trek. He will help create and oversee the franchise

James Duff has been brought on to lead Discovery in season 2. He is a very experienced writer and has been a show runner for over a decade.

Akiva Goldman helped write and direct some on season 1 of Discovery. He is an academy award winning writer and producer.

Micheal Chabon is an acclaimed sci fi writer, and has also write several Hollywood scripts. He is also writing and Directing one of the New Star Trek Shorts, premiering in December on all access.

Kristen Beyer is a popular Sci Fi writer, who is well known for relaunching the Star Trek Voyager book series. She was hired as a writer for Discovery, and is now in charge of all Star Trek canon,relating to TV, movies, books, and comics, making sure they all sync.

https://deadline.com/2018/08/patric...es-jean-luc-picard-cbs-all-access-1202440156/

Series will be set 20 years after nemesis

Picaed may or may not be captain of the Enterprise

Will deal with how people can change over a lifetime, and how to overcome and adapt to new challenges

No scripts have been written yet, but the deal is done, and they are currently story boarding the first season.

Not confirmed yet, but I know from various sources that they have been working on this deal for months, and they negotiations had stalled because Stewart was demanding a salary or 1 million dollars per episode. He must have gotten close to that number or some serious back end money, but good for him.
I hope they don't use the films as canon.
Those stupid, godawful films

<DisgustingHHH>
If I had my way...
None of the films would be canon. They don't have to be, written into stories in future (no pun intended) series. Just don't mention them, let it slide

So you would strike the Enterprise A and B from Canon? The Khitomer conference?

On topic. This is awesome. TNG was a big part of my childhood, and TNG and DS9 are really the only parts of the Trek franchise that I still like as an adult.
Same. TNG used to air on Sunday nights when I was a kid. I loved it.

Now I will randomly pick an episode to watch off Netflix. Still enjoy it and yeah, hits those nostalgia feels for sure.

The show is gonna suck, it's been downhill since the roller coaster that was Voyager.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back