The Star Trek Thread, V5.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
On vacation in Croatia and finally got around to downloading the Destiny series after @sverre054 's persistent recommendations. Will report.
Enjoy. It can start off a little slow, but it is the most epic Star Trek story, ever told.

following the destruction of Romulus.

Ah, please tell me they're not gonna keep that shit from the JJ films. In Nemesis, Romulus was still standing. Let's just continue with that.

Enjoy. It can start off a little slow, but it is the most epic Star Trek story, ever told.

First thing I did was read up on Children of Time to understand the beginning properly.

Picard coming back is the best news since I heard there's going to be a
Bill and Ted 3.

Efy92e0.gif

Well this will put a damper on anyone's excitement about this new show being in the prime verse.

TLDR/W?

Basically because of legality, all of these new shows cannot be in prime verse and have to be in their own timeline. Which means this new Picard isn't the Picard from prime verse.

We are getting a show with an 80 year old Picard who's not experienced anything from all the shows and movies we've watched to this point.

He may as well be just some random 80 year old at this point.

No thanks. Not interested. Let Star Trek die.

Last edited:
Well this will put a damper on anyone's excitement about this new show being in the prime verse.

TLDR/W?

Basically because of legality, all of these new shows cannot be in prime verse and have to be in their own timeline. Which means this new Picard isn't the Picard from prime verse.

We are getting a show with an 80 year old Picard who's not experienced anything from all the shows and movies we've watched to this point.

I agree with everything he said about Discovery. That show is a shit fest, and I have boycotted CBS All Access because of it.

If they are going the direction of creating an entirely separate Star Trek universe, then I completely agree with you. I am checking out and will have nothing to do with it. If you can't pay homage to the prime universe that made people love the product so much then don't bother doing a new Star Trek show at all. I miss the days when Paramount had control over everything. What a clusterfuck.

Last edited:
I agree with everything he said about Discovery. That show is a shit fest, and I have boycotted CBS All Access because of it.

If they are going the direction of creating an entirely separate Star Trek universes, then I completely agree with you. I am checking out and will have nothing to do with it. If you can't pay homage to the prime universe that made people love the product so much then don't bother doing a new Star Trek show at all. I miss the days when Paramount had control over everything. What a clusterfuck.

This is all contractual bullshit as well. Either get permission from CBS or don't do a show. I mean they could have at LEAST kept it in the kelvin verse, but they didn't even do that. This is a completely separate fucking "thing". And Picard's series is also going to be a stand alone, different thing.

WHO THE FUCK COMES UP WITH THIS SHIT?!

You would think studios seeing Marvel crush it keeping every thing in the same fucking verse building off of what has already been done would teach them a lesson. It's like hollywood is really...REALLY fucking stupid.

TLDR/W?

He's still the same guy, he's just another version. I like seeing characters from other universes.

Yes, it's kind of a bummer that they can't get their act together and do it right, but I'm still pretty excited. He's a hell of an actor.

Picard coming back is the best news since I heard there's going to be a
Bill and Ted 3.

Efy92e0.gif

Yes! Not only that, but fucking FINALLY we get a series that's not some insufferable prequel bullshit. Finally a sequel series. And to Nemesis no less. With GOAT Picard (played by Patrick Stewart). This is truly a glorious time to be a Star Trek fan.

tenor.gif

Intresting theories.

In the book series he still captain, married to Beverly, and is raising a young child and how that has changed him now that hes in his 80s.

What's interesting in last year Autobiography of Jean Luc Picard, shortly after nemesis, he also marries Beverly. A few years later Beverly is promoted to captain, and becomes captain of the Pasteur. Picard decides to retire from Star Fleet shortly after, rather then become an admiral, and returns to the winery. He and Beverly have a long distance marriage for years but grow apart. After a few years hes bored and is asked by the federation to become ambassador to Vulcan. They try to long distance marriage for a few more years, but Beverly doesn't want to leave star fleet, and they eventually divorce.

Im curious to see if they use any of the events from those in the new series. I could see them going with Picard becomes Federation ambassador to Vulcan following the destruction of Romulus. Has to Navigate the tough situation, and the fallout with the Roumlan star empire, and possible reunification with the Vulcans, and how this will effect the Federation. Picard is the natural bridge having mind melded with Spock, who tried to save Romulus and was pushing for unification, and Sarek a key Vulcan leader and Federation ambassador.

All Good Things though did introduce the idea that the future we see their isn't set so I don't think Picard would be tied to that depiction.

Seems like the kevinverse films might be history with Pine and Helmsworth backing out of the proposed QT one so manybe a return to the TNG/prime timeline their? personally I always felt if they were going to get a big name working on Trek Nolan would be ideal, a lot of his blockbusters feel very Trekish to me.

39062966_2021126504573718_7368856345862209536_n.png

I'd like to see a Brad Bird Trek film personally.

TLDR/W?

That web series is well known for making up total BS. They gave BS theories for Discovery, which were all disproven.

CBS Owns the prime time line and can do whatever it wants with it. We've talked about the various ownership of trek in the Sherdog Trek thread, but if anyone has questions on it, feel free to ask.

Last edited:
Dude, that source is total garbage. His videos are well known to many trek fans for being total BS. He makes these grand claims, with click bait titles, but has no facts or insider knowledge to speak of.
CBS owns the prime timeline, and will not make an alternate timeline for Picard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back