The Star Trek Thread, V5.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, please tell me they're not gonna keep that shit from the JJ films. In Nemesis, Romulus was still standing. Let's just continue with that.
The part with Spock trying to save Romulus and failing, is considered canon from what we have been told. The rest of the JJverse movies are not canon, and Spock was sent to that alternate timeline. Book series haven't caught up to that point in time yet. Star Trek Online, does follow that Romulus has been destroyed, and has splintered the Star empire, one part sides with the Federation, the other doesn't

He's still the same guy, he's just another version. I like seeing characters from other universes.

Yes, it's kind of a bummer that they can't get their act together and do it right, but I'm still pretty excited. He's a hell of an actor.

If you take away all the experiences that helped make the picard we knew, what are you left with?

tell me who picard is minus every single experience from what we've watched.

i'll start;

he's a guy.
he's stern?
he's
That web series is well known for making up total BS. They gave BS theories for Discovery, which were all disproven.

CBS Owns the prime time line and can do whatever it wants with it. We've talked about the various ownership of trek in the Sherdog Trek thread, but if anyone has questions on it, feel free to ask.

If the video is right in that nobody but CBS can make prime timeline shows, and this picard show isn't being done by CBS...then that pretty much proves the point the show is trying to make.

If you take away all the experiences that helped make the picard we knew, what are you left with?

i'll start;

he's a guy.
he's stern?
he's

He's a different version of Picard, like a character from Mirror Universe.

I get that you're disappointed he isn't a continuation of the prime timeline. So am I. It would have been nice to see how that character progressed after the show ended.

I'm going to make lemon aid and enjoy a fantastic actor playing a version of a beloved character. I used to be an avid reader of science fiction and comic books, I'm very comfortable of new interpretations of established characters. It won't be as satisfying, but if this was the only way we could get Patrick Stewart back in the role, I'm in.

The part with Spock trying to save Romulus and failing, is considered canon from what we have been told. The rest of the JJverse movies are not canon, and Spock was sent to that alternate timeline. Book series haven't caught up to that point in time yet. Star Trek Online, does follow that Romulus has been destroyed, and has splintered the Star empire, one part sides with the Federation, the other doesn't

Romulus being destroyed actually appears to be Canon. Of course there's always time travel to rectify things, but I would not count on it.

My expectation would be one of Picard being a broken and bitter man considering he was heavily invested in reconciliation efforts between Vulcans and Romulans who rises up for some kind of final adventure.

Enjoy. It can start off a little slow, but it is the most epic Star Trek story, ever told.

Actually I am 10% into the trilogy (so likely about a third of the first book) and is already pretty awesome.

Stewart's 78 years old. I'm not sure what t make of this.

He's incredibly good, though, so it could be interesting.
He married this one five years ago. They say you age slower as you approach the speed of light. Maybe it helps keep your wang vasculature healthy too...

Just look at him. He's like "Again bitch?!? I can't keep this up all day like I used to!"

2AC7688D00000578-3172221-image-m-28_1437663050774.jpg

Enjoy. It can start off a little slow, but it is the most epic Star Trek story, ever told.

Jesus, I thought you were talking about the CBS show. I was like:

200_d.gif

But then I realized what you were actually talking about...

giphy.gif

CBS has been granted the Trademark for the name Star Trek : Reliant. There's some articles claiming that this will be the name of the new Picard series, bu that makes no sense.

i'll start;

he's a guy.
he's stern?
he's

If the video is right in that nobody but CBS can make prime timeline shows, and this picard show isn't being done by CBS...then that pretty much proves the point the show is trying to make.
The show is being made by CBS. It will be on CBS all access.

Well this will put a damper on anyone's excitement about this new show being in the prime verse.

TLDR/W?

Basically because of legality, all of these new shows cannot be in prime verse and have to be in their own timeline. Which means this new Picard isn't the Picard from prime verse.

We are getting a show with an 80 year old Picard who's not experienced anything from all the shows and movies we've watched to this point.

He may as well be just some random 80 year old at this point.

No thanks. Not interested. Let Star Trek die.

What the fuck? How does that make any sense. There’s no way they’re gonna do that. If he’s Picard he’s the Picard we know. I think this is just a video done to rile people up.

Picard will be president of the federation ...and always in and out of a malfunctioning holodeck ...talking about the good ole days and lamenting the death of Data. Fo sho.

Mulgrew was born to play Janeway and a starship captain.

Too bad the characters were so ill used.

I was just watching the ep where a Harry Kim from an alternate time line saves the Enterprise from a catastrophe he caused, brilliant
Janeway was a complete badass. Talk about taking no shit from anyone.
"You know, i'm pretty easy to get along with -most of the time- but I don't like bullies, and I don't like threats, and I don't like you."

I hope it's not Justin Lin directing again. He turned that shit into space Fast and Furious garbage. I could also take a break from JJ Abrams' lens flares destroying my eye sight.
Please GOD no more lens flares. For fuck sake, can we just go back to the soft pastel toned backgrounds with lots of salmon, taupe and grey-blue colored walls/carpets? I'm being dead serious. Star Trek at its best was always principally about the characters and the drama, essentially something akin to Law and Order in space. The reason Picard was so successful is because his dramatic speeches were so fucking outstanding; the man could orate facets of the human condition better than basically anyone ever. When he went off about slavery, etc...... it really resonated.

Please GOD no more lens flares. For fuck sake, can we just go back to the soft pastel toned backgrounds with lots of salmon, taupe and grey-blue colored walls/carpets? I'm being dead serious. Star Trek at its best was always principally about the characters and the drama, essentially something akin to Law and Order in space. The reason Picard was so successful is because his dramatic speeches were so fucking outstanding; the man could orate facets of the human condition better than basically anyone ever. When he went off about slavery, etc...... it really resonated.

Yes and worfs head was a sight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back