The Star Trek Thread, V5.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
What the fuck? How does that make any sense. There’s no way they’re gonna do that. If he’s Picard he’s the Picard we know. I think this is just a video done to rile people up.

Picard will be president of the federation ...and always in and out of a malfunctioning holodeck ...talking about the good ole days and lamenting the death of Data. Fo sho.

While there is truth to in the video as to rights to star trek and who owns what after the fall of viacom...this offers more hope.

https://www.newsweek.com/captain-pi...ep-space-nine-ds9-1059621?utm_source=engageim

And then this offers more to the point of the movies being allowed to be prime verse as well.

https://www.newsweek.com/star-trek-...iacom-4-kelvin-timeline-prime-universe-860649

CBS has been granted the Trademark for the name Star Trek : Reliant. There's some articles claiming that this will be the name of the new Picard series, bu that makes no sense.

Pretty obviously that's the Khan project?

Having Stewart back, as Picard no less, post Nemesis no less, is just about the best case scenario I can imagine for ST. I just hope we get a lot of TNG cameos, and that they'll be frequent. That would be the cherry on top.

I think I may shed a tear if the E shows up too. Even though I think Picard should be in charge of the F or even G by now, let's still get a look at the retired E doing retired things.

But as it is, Picard has to be on an Enterprise. It wont feel right if he's on something else.

Having Stewart back, as Picard no less, post Nemesis no less, is just about the best case scenario I can imagine for ST. I just hope we get a lot of TNG cameos, and that they'll be frequent. That would be the cherry on top.

I think I may shed a tear if the E shows up too. Even though I think Picard should be in charge of the F or even G by now, let's still get a look at the retired E doing retired things.

But as it is, Picard has to be on an Enterprise. It wont feel right if he's on something else.

I don't think we will see him in space much tbh.

For me, that's ok as I see the possibility to expand post-Nemesis canon and trigger additional series in this new setting.

Pretty obviously that's the Khan project?
I actually don't know if it will be any series. I think the Khan series will mainly focus on Soong creating the Augments and the Eugenics wars. How Khan rose to power and how he became so dangerous. That would also cover the period before human achieve warp drive and meet the Vulcans. So basically WW3 and how Khan was in it.

Just watched the videos from STLV with Frakes and Sirtis giving a panel. I love the chemistry they still have. I still think a Star Trek: Titan series staring them, could be amazing.

Just watched the videos from STLV with Frakes and Sirtis giving a panel. I love the chemistry they still have. I still think a Star Trek: Titan series staring them, could be amazing.

Not sure at this point. Maybe 10-15 years ago. Hard to pass them off as 2380ish now, which would be their mid-40s in character years. Riker was born in 2335, so he accepted command of the Titan at 44 (Frakes was already 50 in Nemesis).

Personally I would prefer if they found a way to make some of the key books Canon and made the Picard series a springboard for fresh new series that do tie in with previous Canon. Kinda like what they did with TNG and TOS cameos.

I read they also registered Star Trek: Destiny. No idea what to make of that.

Its cool Picard is coming back but hes nearly 80 years old. What will they do when he dies of old age 4 episodes in

I read they also registered Star Trek: Destiny. No idea what to make of that.
Author David Mack was also giving some cryptic comments on Destiny today. I asked him on facebook about it, and he said he cant comment , but with a smiley emoji.

Author David Mack was also giving some cryptic comments on Destiny today. I asked him on facebook about it, and he said he cant comment , but with a smiley emoji.

Done with the first book of the Destiny trilogy. Could not put it away and read in bed until 2.30am despite knowing my kid would wake us at 7 something.

Man, these are exciting times to be a Star Trek fan.

Done with the first book of the Destiny trilogy. Could not put it away and read in bed until 2.30am despite knowing my kid would wake us at 7 something.
2 and 3 are even better. Making me want to reread it. I want them to put out a audiobook version.

2 and 3 are even better. Making me want to reread it. I want them to put out a audiobook version.

I just checked because I could not believe this does not exist yet. What's wrong with them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back