The state of UFC 228

Joseph_McBride

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
This show is 7 weeks away & has just 3 fights booked. I'm thinking more by the day that 228 gets moved to Vegas in October. Max isnt fighting anytime soon, Nico scared, nobody for Cyborg to fight, Woodley waiting on Colby who just fought a month ago, Whittaker injured, Khabib waiting on Conor, DC just fought, Rose injured. Yikes.

Its been a while since the UFC had to cancel a ppv, UFC 208 being the last off the top of my head. Was suppose to happen in January on the same night as Tito vs Chael, but was pushed back to February. Same thing happened with UFC 196 being pushed from February to March.

They can move Zabit/Yair to Moscow as the 5-round main event. Dodson vs Rivera & Karolina vs Andrade likely moved to Vegas. Zabit/Yair could as well if they want Zabit on a ppv card.

Thug Rose?
Edit: didn't know she was injured.

They will probably just make up another pointless interim belt.

Maybe Uriah vs BJ for interim 145, both those guys are about due for a title shot..

Here comes WMMA to save the day!

Here comes WMMA to save the day!
If it is "saved" you are probably right.

Cyborg vs Anderson
Ortega vs Mendes for interim belt
Holly vs Viera for interim 135 belt
Shevy vs whoever is willing for interim belt

Maybe they pull stephens instead of Mendes, or give Frankie a rematch vs Ortega. Maybe Cyborgs opponent is Sorenson or Dandois. No options look good, and I was seriously considering going to Texas for this card.

This situation is very reminiscent of 208. Do not be surprised at all if Valentina/Nicco main events.

They will probably just make up another pointless interim belt.

Maybe Uriah vs BJ for interim 145, both those guys are about due for a title shot..
giphy.gif

at this point I would guess a interim FW title fight being booked....doesn't seem like max is coming back anytime soon. I would guess Ortega vs Aldo/Stephens winner on a short turnaround. maybe cyborg fighting some bum

Ufc doesn't care .......... Conor n Kabib to main 229 is all dw cares about right now.. after that tbey won't care till the superbowl card of Brock n DC ....... then tbey won't care till next year's July card which either is Mcgregor vs Mayweather or GSP..

CARDS IN BETWEEN UFC WILL PUT OUT BUT REALLY WON'T CARE MUCH

They should cancel the next two events and Have Khabid vs Mcnuggets, Ortega vs the winner of Aldo / Stephens for an interim belt in MSG and Tyron vs Colby , Cybor vs Amanda for the year end show, fit Nico vs Valentina in one of those.

Too many fucking events.

Not buying tickets or renting a room until at least the Main Event is released…

Ufc doesn't care .......... Conor n Kabib to main 229 is all dw cares about right now.. after that tbey won't care till the superbowl card of Brock n DC ....... then tbey won't care till next year's July card which either is Mcgregor vs Mayweather or GSP..

CARDS IN BETWEEN UFC WILL PUT OUT BUT REALLY WON'T CARE MUCH
UFC 10000% cares about the MSG card. Their last two largest live gates have come from MSG.

Expect a stacked card there as always.

UFC 10000% cares about the MSG card. Their last two largest live gates have come from MSG.

Expect a stacked card there as always.
Meh ...... after Conor Kabib they will only really care about Brock not getti g busted. Yeah I expect a good msg card but make no mistake Brock DC will at least double msg in buys.

Msg I expect maybe max /ortega, colby /wood, TJ MM. A great card an better than Brock card likely but Dw will be all bouts brock.

Meh ...... after Conor Kabib they will only really care about Brock not getti g busted. Yeah I expect a good msg card but make no mistake Brock DC will at least double msg in buys.

Msg I expect maybe max /ortega, colby /wood, TJ MM. A great card an better than Brock card likely but Dw will be all bouts brock.
Oh I agree that Brock/DC will likely sell more than whatever the MSG card is, but I still expect an amazing card. UFC gets to charge insane prices for MSG, which is why they always need to put on an amazing to get people to buy the tickets.

They should just make it into an all womans card and name it UFC: Nobody cares

They can move Zabit/Yair to Moscow as the 5-round main event.
I know Volkov was waiting to see how ufc 226 went, but now that it seems he's not getting a title shot soon he expressed interest in main eventing for ufc Moscow.

It took 7 months for them to not get tj v mm done it's not happening that quick if ever.

TS WME not canceling events Nicco v Shevchenko will happen as main or hopefully comain and ortega v ____ or Cyborg vs someone.

This show is 7 weeks away & has just 3 fights booked. I'm thinking more by the day that 228 gets moved to Vegas in October. Max isnt fighting anytime soon, Nico scared, nobody for Cyborg to fight, Woodley waiting on Colby who just fought a month ago, Whittaker injured, Khabib waiting on Conor, DC just fought, Rose injured. Yikes.

Its been a while since the UFC had to cancel a ppv, UFC 208 being the last off the top of my head. Was suppose to happen in January on the same night as Tito vs Chael, but was pushed back to February. Same thing happened with UFC 196 being pushed from February to March.

They can move Zabit/Yair to Moscow as the 5-round main event. Dodson vs Rivera & Karolina vs Andrade likely moved to Vegas. Zabit/Yair could as well if they want Zabit on a ppv card.

here comes cris vs a can to save the day.

Whats crazy is after UFC 227, every champion in the UFC will be I'm booked!

Back