The success of Dagestan Fighters

Its not just Dagestan. It's all of the caucus region. They are pretty tough yes. But their way of life is s lot different then here in the west.

Children over there are raised to fight and go through hardships often and children over here are often coddled and raised to be pussies. Its sad but true for the most part
Why do you have to be such a misogynist about it? My feelings are hurt.

Its not just Dagestan. It's all of the caucus region. They are pretty tough yes. But their way of life is s lot different then here in the west.

Children over there are raised to fight and go through hardships often and children over here are often coddled and raised to be pussies. Its sad but true for the most part

there are places in the states that breed as much hardships has dagestan. Yes we have more coddled babies, but we also have more blue collar down and dirty communities you might never see if your whole experience in america is gated communities and safe spaces. there is a grit to america a lot of people don't see. thats why we have the best fighters. i guess what i mean is that the states breeds some bad motherfuckers.

also, I love the "tough soviet struggle of a life" archetype people have. Bearing thousands of feet of snow, fending off grizzly bears and being raised to sambo from age 1. Like lol, they are developed countries with the same diversity in life as america.

They are just earlier in the cycle bro. Swings and roundabouts.
And there is always exceptions, they have a higher average pedigree, but the healthy, wealthy and positive conditions in the US etc will always create a better environment for nurturing the unique talents.

Put 100 random dagestanis against 100 random westerners, yeh I'm sure they'll wreck them. If you want to pick where the fighting champs are going come from, it's the US and similar countries

images (5).jpg

there are places in the states that breed as much hardships has dagestan. Yes we have more coddled babies, but we also have more blue collar down and dirty communities you might never see if your whole experience in america is gated communities and safe spaces. there is a grit to america a lot of people don't see. thats why we have the best fighters. i guess what i mean is that the states breeds some bad motherfuckers.

also, I love the "tough soviet struggle of a life" archetype people have. Bearing thousands of feet of snow, fending off grizzly bears and being raised to sambo from age 1. Like lol, they are developed countries with the same diversity in life as america.

No, during last two decades there were bunch of armed conflicts and 2 major wars, there is nothing in the US that comes close to "hardships" in that region. And hopefully never will.

Regarding wrestling, it's a national sport with is hugely popular, has historical roots and backed up by soviet methodology. I never met a dag or chechen kid who did not wrestle at some point. They recently start producing pretty good kickboxers as well.

People from that part of the world are not to be fucked with

It looks more like some mma fans only remembers guys like Khabib or Ruslan Magomedov and forgets about Gashimov or Umalatov who was cut from the UFC.

Success? There was only one Dagestani in the UFC who fought for the belt in any division.

http://southlandpost.com/former-bellator-mma-fighter-shot-5-times-kidney-removed/

Makhachkala is pretty much as dangerous now as Grozny was in the '90s and early 2000s. A hectic place to live where bombings and shootings are commonplace. Also home to the Grand Makhachkala Mosque, the biggest in Russia and a work of architectural art. If people think Dagestan is some Caspian Sea spa resort, they don't know shit about geopolitics in the Caucasus. Abkhazia is probably the only other place in that part of the world that is even remotely as dangerous.

What success? seriously none have held a strap and the best one has serious discipline issues.

Success? There was only one Dagestani in the UFC who fought for the belt in any division.
I think being in the UFC is already a success and considering that they are only 3 million people, their representation is probably the best among all the nations.
But with the toughness comes the price. Russians hate people from Caucasus and not without a reason. A lot of these guys are barbarians.

they get to the ufc with padded record and then they do nothing, such success

I think being in the UFC is already a success and considering that they are only 3 million people, their representation is probably the best among all the nations.
But with the toughness comes the price. Russians hate people from Caucasus and not without a reason. A lot of these guys are barbarians.

The thing is, Dagestan is not a country. They live off the Russian budget. Its not like they are a fully functional nation with its own economy, education etc.

They are basically a wrestling ghetto of Russia where athletic success is one of a few ways up. And wrestling training is dirt cheap compared to prestigious sports like tennis or hockey.

The thing is, Dagestan is not a country. They live off the Russian budget. Its not like they are a fully functional nation with its own economy, education etc.

They are basically a wrestling ghetto of Russia where athletic success is one of a few ways up. And wrestling training is dirt cheap compared to prestigious sports like tennis or hockey.
So?!

Sorry, should've quoted your post properly.

I was addressing this part:

considering that they are only 3 million people, their representation is probably the best among all the nations

IMO it would be more impressive if they've built their wrestling program from scratch themselves and were able to finance it. Instead they just piggyback on 140-million country with 1,5 million of their men having nothing better to do than to wrestle. It's only natural that some of these guys will achieve success.

Netherlands producing one football star after another for decades while being a pretty small country IS impressive. It would be less impressive if they had all their stadiums built and coaching and faclities paid by Germany.

Sorry, should've quoted your post properly.

I was addressing this part:

IMO it would be more impressive if they've built their wrestling program from scratch themselves and were able to finance it. Instead they just piggyback on 140-million country with 1,5 million of their men having nothing better to do than to wrestle. It's only natural that some of these guys will achieve success.

Netherlands producing one football star after another for decades while being a pretty small country IS impressive. It would be less impressive if they had all their stadiums built and coaching and faclities paid by Germany.
You can say the same about Afro-Americans being good basketball players, although it's gonna be racist :)
But i was talking about the wrestling tradition and the UFC, not a budget. Every country have some sport being more popular. Dagestanis have wrestling.

Back