The success of Dagestan Fighters

I know it's not Dagestan specifically, but I actually think Magomed Bibulatov might be someone at 125 who can dethrone Mighty Mouse.

This, huge amount of Olympic winners in wrestling from the whole region.

Only matter of time before it started translating into MMA, seeing as wrestling is a great base.

Must be something in the water.

It is a couple of factors. 1) Most of them grow up wrestling, therefore they get the pickings of the best athletes. Here, wresting typically gets 3rd and 4th rate athletes. 2) The level of coaching. I went to Ossetia 6 years ago with my buddy and his team. We went to 3 clubs, all coached by guys who had coached Olympic medalists. They get that coaching from age 5. 3) The fact that they wrestle pretty much full time from the age they are 12. School is typically an afterthought for them. 4) Steroids. Steroids. Steroids.

To my knowdledge, the Dagestanis started MMA earlier than the other regions of Caucasus. Hence, the success. Chechens are coming too. There many beasts there.

i don't see how are the highly successful. how many current champions are from there?

If us Brits still get shit and we have a champ, so are you lot haha
The first Brit to ever compete in the UFC was Ian Freeman in the year of 2000. How long did it take the Brits to win the title? Yeah, a long time.

I know it's not Dagestan specifically, but I actually think Magomed Bibulatov might be someone at 125 who can dethrone Mighty Mouse.

Yep. He's going to be a contender for sure. Also, another Dagestan fighter that trains with Edgar and Bibulatov and alvarez and them:

Zabit Magomedsharipov:

He debuts soon.

Theres def some talent there yet they need to make the move over to the ufc instead of feasting on brazilian matchups.

I'll wait for some success and that includes whole Caucasus region. Their #1 fighter cant even make weight and fights once every two years when you combine injury, said making weight, and religious holidays. What a Joke. USA is #1 by far then Brazil. As if now Ireland is more MMA successful than Dagestan.

Its not just Dagestan. It's all of the caucus region. They are pretty tough yes. But their way of life is s lot different then here in the west.

Children over there are raised to fight and go through hardships often and children over here are often coddled and raised to be pussies. Its sad but true for the most part

Is the same sort of Logic why I think NK beats South Korea is a war(without US involvement that is).

South Koreans eat choco pies, listen to K-pop and play Starcraft all day whilst in North Korea they eat grass, listen to a crazy dictator and play with Artillery and AK47s

The first Brit to ever compete in the UFC was Ian Freeman in the year of 2000. How long did it take the Brits to win the title? Yeah, a long time.
Yes Ian's from my neck of the woods, well when a fighter from Dagestan wins it you can comment, your only hope is a guy who can't put a slice of cake down though so it'll be a while, just saying.

And although he's not British we'll claim conor too ;)

Yes Ian's from my neck of the woods, well when a fighter from Dagestan wins it you can comment, your only hope is a guy who can't put a slice of cake down though so it'll be a while, just saying.

Lol @ claiming Connor. You are right, the only hope right now is Khabib, unfortunately he is inconsistent and injury prone. Don't get it twisted though, am not from Dagestan or any region nearby.

You may as well claim Jon Jones and Joanna Jędrzejczyk too.

One of the only places as dangerous as Dagestan, how'd you find it?

He has coached on the international level and knew a few coaches there who helped make the itinerary. I found it to be much safer in the smaller towns than the major city we flew into.

Back