~The Superfight~

burningspear

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
This fight to me defines Superfight. Maybe the term was even coined for it?
A charismatic superstar returning after a three year hiatus to challenge the meanest guy to ever lace 'em up.

[YT]2iepK4p46pQ[/YT]

Anyone of the opinion that a fight has surpassed it since?

I just watched this the other night. I still don't see how people think Hagler won that fight.

Good fight but not what people expected.

I would put the first Ali vs. Frazier fight above this one. Both were undefeated at the time, and there was a huge buzz for this fight. I think if this fight were held today, it would smash all other records for biggest revenue. Just my opinion, of course.

Louis vs Schmelling was bigger than all of them.

I would put the first Ali vs. Frazier fight above this one. Both were undefeated at the time, and there was a huge buzz for this fight. I think if this fight were held today, it would smash all other records for biggest revenue. Just my opinion, of course.

Ali vs Frazier I had 300 million paid viewers worldwide!.....I believe that beats Mayweather's average

Ali vs Frazier I had 300 million paid viewers worldwide!.....I believe that beats Mayweather's average

still peanuts compared to that ufc event that did 220 million viewers in brazil alone !!!!

Louis vs Schmelling was bigger than all of them.

Are you talking about the first or the second fight? And, are you considering the historical/political context at the time of the fight?

Are you talking about the first or the second fight? And, are you considering the historical/political context at the time of the fight?

The second fight was probably the bigger fight because of the timing.

Schmeling vs Louis II was the biggest ever followed by Ali vs Frazier I.....nothing else even compares. Gerry ****ey vs Larry Holmes was huge but wasn't in the same league as these two.

Schmeling vs Louis II was the biggest ever followed by Ali vs Frazier I.....nothing else even compares. Gerry ****ey vs Larry Holmes was huge but wasn't in the same league as these two.

johnson vs jeffries was bigger imo

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHA paid viewers ya fucken goof nice try tho

Ali vs Frazier had 300 million paid viewers....people of the world who bought tickets and entered a theater to watch.

you guys sure can't detect obvious sarcasm .

the dana white/ brazil viewers thing was a popular meme few years ago . he basically gave a number of viewers that exceeded ( by far ) the number of televsion sets in brazil .

not to mention that brazil has a population bellow 200 million people ....

you guys sure can't detect obvious sarcasm .

the dana white/ brazil viewers thing was a popular meme few years ago . he basically gave a number of viewers that exceeded ( by far ) the number of televsion sets in brazil .

not to mention that brazil has a population bellow 200 million people ....

honestly its hard to tell on these forums because so many of these clowns actually believe that bald headed fuck

Back