~The Superfight~

you guys sure can't detect obvious sarcasm .

the dana white/ brazil viewers thing was a popular meme few years ago . he basically gave a number of viewers that exceeded ( by far ) the number of televsion sets in brazil .

not to mention that brazil has a population bellow 200 million people ....

Ignore the miserable gits.

Tito/Oscar was a bonafide superfight, although it didn't live up to expectations.

There hasn't been one in a while. But, if you count hype, viewership, and good match-up, the last one was Mayweather/De La Hoya. There might not be another for a long long time at the rate boxing is growing.

Since Leonard-Hagler the biggest fights have been Tyson-Spinks, Tyson-Holyfield I and II, Tyson-Lewis, De la Hoya-Trinidad and De la Hoya-Mayweather. I think that all of those would qualify as superfights but I don't think any of them quite matched the hype of Leonard vs Hagler.

All-time probably Dempsey-Tunney or Jeffries-Johnson was the biggest.

Did Daner really say 220 million people watched a UFC event?

Leonard had retired and was considered easy pickin's for Hagler, the #1 P4P of his day.

Then Ray beat him :)

There's two TS's round here who are suspicious.

I just watched this the other night. I still don't see how people think Hagler won that fight.

Good fight but not what people expected.

Yeah I agree, some/many fans rage at the result but for me it was legit. Ray was just too smart.
Genius moves to request 12 rds and larger ring.
Everyone involved in the fight played their part, from Steele to Dundee to the duellists.
Hagler came on strong but Ray had all the answers. Tremendous.

Did Daner really say 220 million people watched a UFC event?

he said 80 million.

meaning that every single person who's not an elderly or an infant watched that event ...

Louis vs Schmelling was bigger than all of them.

Their second fight was probably the most important of all time (especially in the US and Europe) but Ali vs Frazier I was held in an era of media saturation around the world and everyone knew about it and followed it.

Their second fight was probably the most important of all time (especially in the US and Europe) but Ali vs Frazier I was held in an era of media saturation around the world and everyone knew about it and followed it.

not even johnson vs jeffries was bigger

Back