The Swamp Draining Continues...

its a constant thing where these people think big business=evil, so if youve worked in big business you can never be trusted to work in a government role

the best and brightest are the ones that make it to the top, a goldman sachs or lockheed martin executive would probably go circles around any professor/analyst in their field. otherwise that professor/analyst would be making more money being an executive

i dont get the idea that every executive is evil scum and should never be trusted

We know you consider yourself a businessman and a saint who buys black market televisions. Most businessmen are more concerned about what makes them money than anyone else's welfare including their employees or country. They provide lip service to respecting a flag or the military while cheating on their taxes.

Ok so what is your spefici argument here against this guy? He worked for that company? That's it?

Do you see a problem with a higher up in a mercenary company being a higher up of the institution that dictates defense priorities? Do you know what a conflict of interest is?
Can I have a list of qualified people you don't object to?

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President Donald Trump plans to name John Rood, a senior executive at defense contractor Lockheed Martin Corp and a 20-year veteran of various government roles, as undersecretary of defense for policy, the Pentagon’s No. 3 job, the White House said on Wednesday.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...r-top-pentagon-policy-post-idUSKBN1CH05K?il=0

I look forward to President Trump's continued harsh crackdown on corruption in politics.
It's been a noticeably long time now since I've heard "drain the swamp" used in any other manner but derisive mockery.

What was "The Swamp"? Wasn't it in part the revolving door where lobbyists get government gigs and then go back to being lobbyists and then get another government gig?

Isn't that EXACTLY what happened here?

If that isn't "The Swamp" than what did "Drain the Swamp" mean?
It's ephemeral, like the wall.
It's transitory, a phantom to chase.
Something that can stand in for a vague idea always somewhere off in the distance, a goal that doesn't really have to be met.

Hey, I'm sure some child molesters are smart, but that doesn't mean I would let them babysit my kids.

But is working in big business a crime or make you like a child molester?

This is the implication I keep seeing when people complain about these appointments

Why do people even respond to HomerThompson, he's just a troll at the end of the day.

But is working in big business a crime or make you like a child molester?

This is the implication I keep seeing when people complain about these appointments

Lobbying our government to steal money from taxpayers isnt a crime, but it should be.

Kind of like how child molesting was legal in Greece and Rome.

The same one you guys howl about when whining about McCain.
Stop saying you guys. You really struggle with this. I didn't vote for trump. I'm just bored of people bitching about things that don't matter

The same one you guys howl about when whining about McCain.
My problem with John McCain is that he has repeatedly looked to cut veterans' benefits while looking to pick fights in every country in the Middle East. I see him as fundamentally bad for troops everywhere.

As for Rood, I have little issue with the fact that he worked for a major defense contractor, particularly since he's not being selected for a role that primarily focuses on contracts or acquisitions. I think this is just one of those things that "feels" dirty to people, so they assume that it is. But this is kind of like being pissed that a big wig from JP Morgan Chase was selected for a prominent role in the Treasury or Federal Reserve. They have the right qualifications, but people with biases will think that it is just nepotism run amok.

Back