The time when China produced cheap stuff is over!

Companies want bigger profit margins with less cost. That's why they won't relocate unless we accept lower salaries.

tumblr_ol7yoiTamG1r9nm7io1_500.gif

That sentence breaks my heart.

Cost of production has never necessarily translated to low cost to the consumer. In the 90's some economist I think crunched the numbers and Nike was paying more to Michael Jordan than the totality of their chinese workforce.

Price of production is directly corellated with the price to consumers, but it isn’t a one to one relationship. The price they charge is whatever the profit maximizing price is, given the demand for the product. But they certainly aren’t just taking the price of the product, adding just enough to that to make a profit, then selling the product for as low a price as possible. They’re selling everything for as much as they can get away with and pocketing as much of that revenue as they can get away with.

Go run 5 miles in those shit shoes and then come tell me about my Asics.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/feat...inted-generic-drug-valsartan-got-past-the-fda

I saw this article last night. In summary, cancer causing substances are getting into medications, 80% of ingredients for these drugs come from China and India where safety standards and oversight is really lacking, people are getting liver cancer, the manufacturing machinery is rundown and when substances are detected in the meds, no one bothers to determine what it is or do anything about it.

Greed and incompetence is causing people to die. Does having smarter people with better moral character making drugs ingredients add so greatly to costs and eat away at profits too much?

In addition, when a big name MMA fighter gets caught with PED in blood test then claims contamination, this could very well be the truth. These drug makers don't sound much different from jackasses making beer in their bathtub.

The point is for shareholders (1% of the population) to take in huge amounts of money.

That’s why this happens. Cost of products etc will be as high as people are willing to pay.
They moved production to China to increase profit margins, it pass the savings on to the end user.

We could make it here, and sell it for the same price, but the share holders would have to cut back a Lambo or two and let go of ONE of their vacation homes and ONE of their side pieces that they have up in an apartment in the other headquarter cities they frequent.

They moved production to China to increase profit margins, it pass the savings on to the end user.

We could make it here, and sell it for the same price, but the share holders would have to cut back a Lambo or two and let go of ONE of their vacation homes and ONE of their side pieces that they have up in an apartment in the other headquarter cities they frequent.
I'd swap shareholders with CEO's in that statement. Those are the ones taking in the unconscionable ridiculously high salaries and bonuses with no one stopping them.

Korea still makes the best smart phones.
Samsung Electronics is currently manufacturing 50 percent of its mobile phones in Vietnam and only 8 percent in Korea.

At present, Samsung Electronics is running six mobile phone manufacturing facilities in the six countries of Vietnam, China, India, Brazil, Indonesia, and Korea.

The two factories in China have a maximum capacity of 150 million phones. However, Samsung is looking to cut their production by approximately 40 million in view of the high labor costs in China.

it was always known that as China matured and the middle class grew into a consumer society that the prices wold go up and Chinese citizens would consume more than they could make and they would become a net importer nation creating opportunities to swing some of that value back to the US and others trying to meet their demand.

Everyone was ok basically with that and absorbing the short term pain as China got there.

It was the IP theft issues and such that changed a lot of views towards China's emergence and not the cheap labour.

Actually it was that Chinese companies were surpassing US ones in key areas of Hi Tech (5G, etc) that the US saw as a threat as he who controlled the backbone infrastructure of all the data traversing the world would be in a very powerful place. So even if China did not steal one once of IP and invented everything themselves the US would have went at them hard with some excuse (justified or not) to shut that down and knock them back, ensuring US companies deliver the next round of backbone equipment to the world.

I always try to check the country of origin when buying anything I put in my mouth, but what's the point when they can get away with "made in USA using imported ingredients"? Doesn't that fucking defeat the purpose of any labeling requirements?

Back