The Top 10 World's Best Mimicry Animals (NEW!)

They can mimic large waves with massive screams, they're the second loudest animals on earth which stuns their prey.

yeah I read that in the post, just curious what the pistol shrimp's cavitation bubble has to do with a large wave - I don't see the mimic-ing so I wondered if I am missing something.

lol, badtangent. That was hilarious. Those birds are so cool.

I'm calling bullshit on the Lyre Bird video. Too incredible to be true.

Lyre bird could only be number one. I still like to watch that video even though I've seen it before.

Am I the only one who finds the lyre bird video with Sir David Attenborough to be incredibly sad?

Just found this gif of a chameleon changing colors.

Chameleon_584500_2502604.gif

Id like to separate the Mimic Octopus from others and think this guy should be on the list as well. :)

Am I the only one who finds the lyre bird video with Sir David Attenborough to be incredibly sad?

Sad as in, I wish we still had Attenborough, or sad in that so many of the noises the bird is mimicking are not natural to the habitat but instead man made things like cars, chain saws, and cameras.

Lyre Bird p4p most mimicry animal in the world.

Im going with my Octopus that I just posted OLB!

We can settle this in the cage if you want...dem guns worry me a bit though. :eek:

Im going with my Octopus that I just posted OLB!

We can settle this in the cage if you want...dem guns worry me a bit though. :eek:

Lol!

Just saw the vid. I might have to retract my last statement.

Lyre Bird
lyrebird.jpg

These birds can mimic all sorts of different species and even other sounds it hears in the forest (like a camera, a camera with a motor drive, a car alarm and a chainsaw). They can imitate the calls of at least 20 different species which even confuses the original specie it is mimicking. Simply amazing.

Holy shit!

Sad as in, I wish we still had Attenborough, or sad in that so many of the noises the bird is mimicking are not natural to the habitat but instead man made things like cars, chain saws, and cameras.

Sorry I was kind if tipsy when I posted that. The sounds the bird is mimicking are what saddens me.

Back