The TRAVEL BAN is on again! Woot! 9th circuit of libs cucked

ReAnimator Reagan

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
LOL. Sorry for the title but it made me laugh. Basically a SCOTUS justice bitch slapped the appeal by some ideologue hired by Obama to wear a black robe.

http://www.dailywire.com/news/20939/scotus-justice-restores-president-trumps-travel-joseph-curl
Supreme Court Justice Anthony Kennedy has issued a temporary order blocking a 9th Circuit Court of Appeals decision that would have limited President Trump's travel ban.

The "administrative stay" issued by Kennedy on Monday puts on hold the ruling from the liberal federal appeals court which said the ban wouldn't cover refugees working with U.S. refugee agencies and other refugees "covered by a formal assurance."

The ruling allows the Trump administration "to exclude most refugees from entering the United States while the Supreme Court considers challenges to its revised travel ban," The New York Times wrote.

Had the Supreme Court not acted, an appeals court ruling lifting the ban on refugees would have gone into effect on Tuesday.

The Supreme Court has now interceded three times to fine-tune the scope of Mr. Trump’s revised ban while it considers broader issues about its lawfulness. Issued in January and revised in March, the ban caused chaos at airports nationwide and gave rise to a global outcry, prompting a cascade of litigation as well.

Two federal appeals courts blocked central parts of the ban. One said it violated the Constitution because it discriminated based on religion, the other said that it exceeded the president’s statutory authority to control immigration.

In June, the Supreme Court agreed to hear appeals from those rulings and temporarily reinstated part of the ban — but only for people without “a credible claim of a bona fide relationship with a person or entity in the United States.” The court did not specify who qualified as a close relative, though it did say spouses and mothers-in-law “clearly” counted.

The Trump administration interpreted the Supreme Court’s decision to mean excluding most refugees. It also said that only some relatives of American residents — parents, children, spouses, siblings, parents-in-law, sons- and daughters-in-law and people engaged to be married — could enter. The administration barred other relatives, including grandparents, grandchildren, aunts, uncles, nephews, nieces and cousins.

But the administrative stay will likely only be in effect for a short period, as the full court is likely to issue a ruling on the matter within days.

Its too bad that it took this long.

tltr
this isn't even rebel or revoltionary music.

this is the real shit.

"Please protect me from the nasty foreign people!!! President Trump save me!!! Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh!!!"

<209Bitch>

What about his post makes you believe he's 12?

Writing that title, and apparently making himself laugh in the process, is one indicator. At least when it comes to mental age.

This is how our legal system works. This is the process. I have no problem with it.

It's fun watching Trump and his supporters learn about it on the go after bombastically promising to upend it overnight. He got cucked in the blink of an eye on that.

LOL. Sorry for the title but it made me laugh. Basically a SCOTUS justice bitch slapped the appeal by some ideologue hired by Obama to wear a black robe.

http://www.dailywire.com/news/20939/scotus-justice-restores-president-trumps-travel-joseph-curl
Supreme Court Justice Anthony Kennedy has issued a temporary order blocking a 9th Circuit Court of Appeals decision that would have limited President Trump's travel ban.

The "administrative stay" issued by Kennedy on Monday puts on hold the ruling from the liberal federal appeals court which said the ban wouldn't cover refugees working with U.S. refugee agencies and other refugees "covered by a formal assurance."

The ruling allows the Trump administration "to exclude most refugees from entering the United States while the Supreme Court considers challenges to its revised travel ban," The New York Times wrote.

Had the Supreme Court not acted, an appeals court ruling lifting the ban on refugees would have gone into effect on Tuesday.

The Supreme Court has now interceded three times to fine-tune the scope of Mr. Trump’s revised ban while it considers broader issues about its lawfulness. Issued in January and revised in March, the ban caused chaos at airports nationwide and gave rise to a global outcry, prompting a cascade of litigation as well.

Two federal appeals courts blocked central parts of the ban. One said it violated the Constitution because it discriminated based on religion, the other said that it exceeded the president’s statutory authority to control immigration.

In June, the Supreme Court agreed to hear appeals from those rulings and temporarily reinstated part of the ban — but only for people without “a credible claim of a bona fide relationship with a person or entity in the United States.” The court did not specify who qualified as a close relative, though it did say spouses and mothers-in-law “clearly” counted.

The Trump administration interpreted the Supreme Court’s decision to mean excluding most refugees. It also said that only some relatives of American residents — parents, children, spouses, siblings, parents-in-law, sons- and daughters-in-law and people engaged to be married — could enter. The administration barred other relatives, including grandparents, grandchildren, aunts, uncles, nephews, nieces and cousins.

But the administrative stay will likely only be in effect for a short period, as the full court is likely to issue a ruling on the matter within days.

The sad part is, it's already been 9 months.

The ban was only supposed to be a temporary ban in order to implement new a vetting program. That was only supposed to take 6 months.

Since it's been 9 months, where is the new program?

The sad part is, it's already been 9 months.

The ban was only supposed to be a temporary ban in order to implement new a vetting program. That was only supposed to take 6 months.

Since it's been 9 months, where is the new program?

There was never a plan for new vetting program. Just like they never had a plan for health care.

Writing that title, and apparently making himself laugh in the process, is one indicator. At least when it comes to mental age.

yes, I like to have fun and have some laughs and deliver the news worth knowing

I mean, I can laugh, point at to the IMPOTENTS of leftists, inform people, and show "this is how america WORKS"

Someone have to offset you here

There was never a plan for new vetting program. Just like they never had a plan for health care.

the plan is this...get the best travel ban you can...Trump has an allotted time to do this. Obviously that time is not up yet.

yes, I like to have fun and have some laughs and deliver the news worth knowing

I mean, I can laugh, point at to the IMPOTENTS of leftists, inform people, and show "this is how america WORKS"

Someone have to offset you here

the plan is this...get the best travel ban you can...Trump has an allotted time to do this. Obviously that time is not up yet.

Yeah, but we're already 3 months past the time he said it was going to take.

Yeah, but we're already 3 months past the time he said it was going to take.

Well if they are on the same time line to come up with vetting as they are on repealing ACA, its gonna be a long 7 years if you're holding your breath for vetting.

Well if they are on the same time line to come up with vetting as they are on repealing ACA, its gonna be a long 7 years if you're holding your breath for vetting.

I heard they're going to ask for your online handles now!!

Take that Muslims!

that thread title

th
th

and you picked the wrong Metallica song:

Probably the part where he is celebrating like his team just pulled off a hail mary

Gloating over a court decision he obviously doesn't understand.

You all mad. I doubt you were condemning celebration when the 9th circuit was making up legislation as they went.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
durbanik916
Back