The Trifecta

edco76

huh?
Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm going for The Trifecta. Get in shape, lose weight, quit smoking.

Weight: 211
Height: 6'0

6-16-10

Calories

Fat
65g

Carbs

Protein

Good
Well obviously, I didnt over eat. Made it through 48 hours without a cigarette. Also, the cig cravings made me pretty hungry all day, there was a whole pizza in the fridge at work that was free reign but I didnt eat any. Also didnt have a soda all day. Drank all water except for some morning coffee.

Bad
Was not prepared! I thawed a chicken breast out and made me a salad the night before but then my clock fucked up and I overslept so I didnt have time for a good breakfast. So I grabbed a Nutri-Grain bar on the way out. Also only packed a banana for a snack. This led to not enough food to eat and also too little protein.

Also this was a work day and it was slow so no exercise. If next shift is slow I'm gonna at least throw down some push ups.

6-18-10

Breakfast
2 eggs, turkey sausage, 1%milk

Lunch
Chicken fajita on whole wheat with guacamole and peppers/onions

Snack
Banana, pb

Dinner
Tilapia, brown rice, broccoli

PWO
scoop of whey, cup 1%milk

Calories

Fat

Carbs

Protein

WO
Week to of Couch to 5k.
2.34m
31.25 minutes

Good luck with all of this. My wife did the couch to 5k and really liked it.

Good luck with all of this. My wife did the couch to 5k and really liked it.

Thanks. Im enjoying it so far. Week 1 and 2 arent really very challenging but Im looking forward to the tougher ones.

Feel free to throw out any advice you may have.

Still smoke free. I actually think this may turn out easier than I expected.

Going out to eat tonight. Been pretty good all day tho. Eggs and fruit for bfast, fish and a small baked potato for lunch.

Restaurant we are going to has a pretty good grilled meat/fish selection so I think I will be ok. Im thinkin mahi and steamed veggies right now.

One thing is tho that this place is one of of very very few in my rural area that actually has a beer selection. I may have to have a stout.

So, did you have a nice stout?

I don't think I would have the will power to turn down good beer.

Good luck on continuing to quit smoking. Are you just quitting cold turkey?

So, did you have a nice stout?

I don't think I would have the will power to turn down good beer.

Good luck on continuing to quit smoking. Are you just quitting cold turkey?

Yep. I did. Actually 2, well 2 beers anyway. While I was in the john my wife ordered me a Newcastle because it was on tap, and she knows I like it but like I said this place actually has a decent selection of micro brews and high gravity beers so I wanted something a lil different. Still drank the Newcastle, then ordered a Sam Adam's Imperial Stout because I have heard good things. It was very good!

Still did fine tho. Grilled Mahi, steamed veggies, side salad w/raspberry vinagrette. Ate half of my roll.

And yeah, I'm quitting cold turkey. I'm on day 4. I will say that the beer was a major trigger tho. I was craving badly on the way home.

6-18-10

Breakfast
2 eggs w/cheese. Maybe 10 grapes and a couple strawberries. milk

Lunch
Talapia, small baked potato

Snack
Glass of milk.

Dinner
Grilled Mahi, side salad, steamed vegetables, 1/2 a roll (no butter), 3 shrimp, 2 beers.

Calories

Fat
43g

Carbs
110g

Protein

I dunno how accurate those calories are. I use fitday but I am pretty sure that the side salad was more than what they list. I had a rapberry vinaigrette dressing but it tasted pretty sweet. Also I just used the "beer" option and I had a Newcastle, and an Imperial Stout so I'm pretty sure that they are higher calories than whatever Fitday uses.

All in all, considering that I ate out and had beer, I think it was a good day.

Still no smokes.

Good work going on in here. Work-place calistenics are contagious once you start doing them. I used to have a crew of asians play follow-the-leader with my break time stretching. (was very creepy at first):redface:

6-20-10

Breakfast
2 eggs, cheese, milk, 2 cups coffee

Lunch
pb&j, Baked Lay's

Afternoon Snack
half a dark chocolate granola bar (yummy!)

Dinner
Homemade Chicken Stir fry. It was amazing!

Evening Snacks
Sugar free vanilla pudding w/banana and pecans.
Popcorn

Calories

Carbs
178g

Fat
55g

Protein
82g

Week 2 day 2 of C25K
Time: 30:47
Distance: 2.04mi
Avg Speed: 4.0

Also swam for 15-20 minutes.

A pretty good day. I was surprised I even made it through the run. Had a rough night at work, got like 2 hours of sleep but then couldnt sleep when I got home. Was out of groceries at the house which led to a pretty crappy lunch. Still was way under on my calories but could have had healthier options than pb&j.

I think I need to eat a few more calories. Im not feeling hungry or week but I set an 1800 goal and keep coming up pretty short. Just seems like if i eat 3 clean meals and a couple snacks, I just dont need many cals. Guess I should just eat double protein maybe.

A pretty good day. I was surprised I even made it through the run. Had a rough night at work, got like 2 hours of sleep but then couldnt sleep when I got home. Was out of groceries at the house which led to a pretty crappy lunch. Still was way under on my calories but could have had healthier options than pb&j.

I think I need to eat a few more calories. Im not feeling hungry or week but I set an 1800 goal and keep coming up pretty short. Just seems like if i eat 3 clean meals and a couple snacks, I just dont need many cals. Guess I should just eat double protein maybe.

According to the formula from here.:

BMR 2099.7

Sedentary 2519.64
Lightly Active 2729.61
Moderately Active 2939.58
Very Active 3149.55
Extra Active 3359.52

That's figuring with Age 33, 6 foot tall, 211 pounds. Then off course subtract a deficit for weight loss for your goals.
This is a website that I think EndoGlo has recommended on here.

And don't you have to hate running out of groceries. Luckily around here we've got gas stations that make fresh hard boiled eggs daily, have a small selection of fruit.

You're doing a great job. Still haven't smoked? Lots of good stuff in here.

6-21-10
Breakfast
2 eggs, turkey sausage, whole wheat english muffin, cheese, milk

Lunch
leftover chicken stir fry

Evening Snack
Weight Watchers Mini Bar (my wife bought them), milk

Dinner
Ribeye, corn on the cob, w/butter

Alcohol
4 beers, 2 shots rum

Cal

Carbs

Fat

Protein

Can you spot the problem here? lol. Food was ok for the day but the drinking really got me. Kids are out of town so we decided to get our drink on.

Still not a horrible day. I feel worse about no working out than I do about the drinking.

Still no smokes but damn the drinking made it pretty rough. Guess thats one more reason to not drink.

Registered for a 5k this saturday. Gonna run tomorrow.

Gotta work som OT Wednesday and Thursday, so that means 24 hours today, 12 tomorrow, 12 thursday, then 24 more friday. Good news is I usually eat pretty well at work, bad news is that work outs are gonna be tough. Also I will be working with smokers wed, thur so that will be really hard.

6-22-10
Breakfast
Whey/Milk Shake

AM Snack

Banana

Lunch
Steak Salad

PM Snack

Apple, Weight Watcher Mini Bar

Dinner
Huge Taco Salad

Snack
Lil Debbie

Cal

Carbs

Fat

Protein

Yeah, I'm a weak fuck for eating a lil debbie! The fuckers sat on the counter all damn day tho. I finally broke! Still not a bad day tho, I only ate half of the debbie. It was a work day so I didnt get any exercise. Did get plenty of sleep tho, so i will be ready to hit the road tonight for my last run before the 5k Saturday.

Also, yesterday was day 7 smoke free!

6-23-10
Breakfast
Sausage Egg McMuffin, coffee

Lunch
3 Tacos from Taco Bell

Dinner
Pecan Crusted Tilapia, whole wheat pasta w/sun dried tomatoes and roasted red peppers, beer

PWO
Whey/Milk

Calories
Carbs
Fat
Protein

Day 8 smoke free

Worked a 36 so didnt have food. Had to eat out so that got me off to a bit of rough start. Also shouldnt have had that beer. Did work out tho, so that was a positive.

6-24-10
Cals
Fat
86 g
Cholesterol
507 mg
Sodium
3043 mg
Carbs
158 g
Sugars
29 g
Fiber
10 g
Protein
114 g

Did week 3 day 1 of Couch 2 5K

Weighed in this morning at 206. Thats a 7 pound loss in a lil under 2 weeks.

Last edited:
6-26-10

Cals
Fat
46 g
Cholesterol
530 mg
Sodium
3753 mg
Carbs
202 g
Sugars
16 g
Fiber
27 g
Protein
80 g

Race Got Rained out. I was really disappointed.

6-27-10

Cals
Fat
41 g
Cholesterol
558 mg
Sodium
1708 mg
Carbs
145 g
Sugars
40 g
Fiber
19 g
Protein
58 g

Did week 3 day 2 of Couch to 5k

Also, today makes 2 weeks smoke free! I checked my resting heart rate this morning and it was about 62. I wish I had checked it before I quit smoking and started running.

Gotta get back to my log.

Still not smokin tho and just finished week day 3 of Couch to 5k

Down to 200 so far. Need to step it up a bit tho!

Back