The UFC/Off-Topic Thread v7

Mighty Mouse is so good.

I'd say he's head and shoulders above the rest of the division but in truth these challengers barely reach his jockstrap.
He reminds me a little of Loma so far as his poise, coordination and general agility.

Don't care who wins this LW fight since both of these guys are punks. Just hope for a good fight.

That's as good as any submission that I've ever seen. I wonder if this might represent a turning point in Johnson's popularity. That's probably expecting too much from MMA fans, though.

We saw two great submissions tonight. Ferguson's was a triangle with no arm in which he got by pulling down on the head for added pressure (you should pull down on the head regardless), and DJ's spectacular suplex-to-armbar. Instead of finishing the suplex (he faked it well) he dumped him with a right side mat return, hooked the arm and dropped for the armbar that was there. That was a very creative sub with a beautiful setup executed smoothly. What a way to break Anderson's consecutive title defense record. Hume was extremely happy in there to see DJ beat Borg so easily and pull that one off. History was made.

I'd say he's head and shoulders above the rest of the division but in truth these challengers barely reach his jockstrap.
He reminds me a little of Loma so far as his poise, coordination and general agility.

I'd like to see a Cejudo rematch and then the winner of Garbrandt-Dillashaw move down to Flyweight and challenge DJ for his title or even meet him halfway in the middle. DJ doesn't remind me of Loma but he's certainly well-coordinated and agile as you noted. I do see a touch of Loma in Dillashaw at times due to his ability to get clean angles on his opponents by using his footwork but he lacks the degree of motor coordination and balance to be as fluid & agile.

I forgot about this one. Good event?

Moraga's entry song brought us all back. Amazing choice.

Stayed up for the ferguson vs lee fight. I think both of these guys will beat mcgregor if/when he ever defends his title. Ferguson will be a nightmare for him as he’s as tough as nate but far more aggressive and dangerous overall.

He's fucking amazing...

What a finish...

Mighty mouse is essentially the Rigo of MMA.
Incredible talent, but no one gives a fuck

I do. He's been my #1 P4P for over a year. I love watching him work and you're right about the Rigo comparison. Never thought about it until you mentioned it.

Does joe fuckface ever stop himself when he's talking about nick Diazs striking and ask himself, why would junior witter look better than him in the ring?

Some boner was going on about Diaz vs lawler, go watch it again. The stand up fight is dog shit.

That's as good as any submission that I've ever seen. I wonder if this might represent a turning point in Johnson's popularity. That's probably expecting too much from MMA fans, though.
I don't see it unfortunately. Like you said, a lot of MMA fans are highly immature. MM has already given us hugely impressive finishes (his KO of Benavidez and stoppage over Cejudo should have been more than enough to win people over, getting a last second sub over Horiguchi really stands out as well). Any one of those moments could have been a "turning point." He's overcome adversity against Benavidez, Dodson and Elliot. Holds the record for title defenses. fights actiely (and for a while largely on free TV). Fuck, he's gotten 8 "OTN" awards and has consistently entertained and to go with his dominance and high skill. The fans have their minds made up with MM: they'll choose to be ignorant and ignore his talent.

Last edited:
I don't see it unfortunately. Like you said, a lot of MMA fans are highly immature. MM has already given us hugely impressive finishes (his KO of Benavidez and stoppage over Cejudo should have been more than enough to win people over, getting a last second sub over Horiguchi really stands out as well). He's overcome adversity against Benavidez, Dodson and Elliot. Holds the record for title defenses. fights actiely (and for a while largely on free TV). Fuck, he's gotten 8 "OTN" awards and has consistently entertained and to go with his dominance and high skill. The fans have their minds made up with MM: they'll choose to be ignorant and ignore his talent.
it annoys me to no end. if you check out the heavies, it's filled with people who are saying his competition is shit and he's irrelevant because they all weighed as much as he does when they were 12 years old.

the fact of the matter is his challengers are damn good, and he is destroying them with ease. he is the epitome of what an mma champion should look like, but people shit on him completely and suck mcgregor's dick because conor talks shit and brags about his money. it's infuriating. MM is the best MMA fighter to ever compete, and he's being largely ignored.

personally, i blame the UFC. they put literally no promotion on him, dana talks shit about him, they're threatening to cancel his division... when the top man in the company acts like an immature brat, you can't expect the fanbase to be any different. if they treated him like they treat mcgregor, he would've been a star as well. but he doesn't get coked up before press conferences and doesn't wear ridiculous suits, so it really isn't in line with what they're looking for, the fucking cunts.

it annoys me to no end. if you check out the heavies, it's filled with people who are saying his competition is shit and he's irrelevant because they all weighed as much as he does when they were 12 years old.

the fact of the matter is his challengers are damn good, and he is destroying them with ease. he is the epitome of what an mma champion should look like, but people shit on him completely and suck mcgregor's dick because conor talks shit and brags about his money. it's infuriating. MM is the best MMA fighter to ever compete, and he's being largely ignored.

personally, i blame the UFC. they put literally no promotion on him, dana talks shit about him, they're threatening to cancel his division... when the top man in the company acts like an immature brat, you can't expect the fanbase to be any different. if they treated him like they treat mcgregor, he would've been a star as well. but he doesn't get coked up before press conferences and doesn't wear ridiculous suits, so it really isn't in line with what they're looking for, the fucking cunts.

The heavies seems to be filled mostly with teenage twinks and early twenties kids still living with their parents. Whether they like it or not DJ is the P4P #1 fighter in the world and he's ranked that officially by the UFC. DJ is a nice guy with a clean image, has been a dominant champion for years and is the most complete fighter in MMA. He's been mentored by arguably the most well respected coach in the sport. Let's see them remove the division while DJ is ranked as the best fighter pound-for-pound in the world. If they want to delegitimize their organization's credibility as a sport then that would be the way to go.

His last call.

RIP for a great man.

Undefeated world boxing champ Heather Hardy just got TKO'd.

She ducked into a kick and got her nose broken

Another bullshit decision in MMA. Nothing new. The sport is so corrupt.

I've just watched one fight too many from Wonderboy.

Back