The UFC/Off-Topic Thread v7

I don't know, Sun. Could be some "group think" at play maybe. Barboza certainly has a shot if he can keep it standing (or catch Khabib coming in like Johnson did), though, albeit I think Khabib should be the clear favourite and expect it to be business as usual for him.
I already cashed on my bets today on football and rugby. I don’t think I’m going anywhere near the ufc tonight. I like the fact that some of the bookies and especially betfair chucks out stupid odds on British fighters and tonight isn’t that night. I think the same as you though, huge win if Barboza takes it.

I already cashed on my bets today on football and rugby. I don’t think I’m going anywhere near the ufc tonight. I like the fact that some of the bookies and especially betfair chucks out stupid odds on British fighters and tonight isn’t that night. I think the same as you though, huge win if Barboza takes it.

I haven't made a bet on MMA since that TUF card that Nam Phan was robbed against Leonard Garcia some years ago. I backed Phan that night, got ripped off by the judges, and then proceeded to lose every other bet I made on the card besides one. I went 1 for 9 that night and never dipped my toes in again. I stick to the ponies only nowadays.

I haven't made a bet on MMA since that TUF card that Nam Phan was robbed against Leonard Garcia some years ago. I backed Phan that night, got ripped off by the judges, and then proceeded to lose every other bet I made on the card besides one. I went 1 for 9 that night and never dipped my toes in again. I stick to the ponies only nowadays.
Wise move. Stick to what you’re good at. I lost a lot a few years ago when I decided I was God’s gift to sports gambling and realised betting on tennis matches where you’re picking a winner based on the fact he’s the only player you’ve heard from isn’t a winning strategy. And I know less about horses than tennis heh.

Wise move. Stick to what you’re good at. I lost a lot a few years ago when I decided I was God’s gift to sports gambling and realised betting on tennis matches where you’re picking a winner based on the fact he’s the only player you’ve heard from isn’t a winning strategy. And I know less about horses than tennis heh.

Yeah, I've been there, Sun. I used to bet crap all the time that I had no clue on just to have some action going on. Didn't matter what sport it was. If a line was offered up, I was liable to bet it. I did okay betting MMA before that TUF event and probably could have continued to do okay if I stuck to it. But by that time I just about had enough of betting with an online account for all sports so I just quit everything besides the ponies, which I've only recently opened an online account for. Before that if I wanted to make a bet on the ponies I had to drive down to the OTB. I still struggle with disciplining myself to only make bets that I planned to in advance, but I'm a lot better than I was 5-10 years ago.

Watching the prelims as I’m up late - standard is pretty low as I expected, but the conditioning of the fighters is shocking - last two fights only one guy looked half alive after 1.5 rounds. Really surprised as I thought these undercard would be full of hungry up and comers.

I don't know, Sun. Could be some "group think" at play maybe. Barboza certainly has a shot if he can keep it standing (or catch Khabib coming in like Johnson did), though, albeit I think Khabib should be the clear favourite and expect it to be business as usual for him.
Khabib should be the favorite but I'm picking Barboza in the upset. He's a much better striker with good timing. He has good TDD too. Wether or not it's good enough to stay up against Khabib is an entirely different question, but I think he has a fair shot.

Barboza is a live underdog. Khabib tends to get really sloppy on the feet.

Condit own't win this. Magny isn't a pretty fighter but he's the kind of guy Condit has historically had issues with.

Shit. I almost forgot about this. First thing I see is two fighters I have no clue about beyond maybe hearing their names before and the crowd is booing them.

Back