The UFC/Off-Topic Thread v7

Even Conor's boxing was shit last night.
He couldn't move his legs, judge the distance correctly.
I think he was scared to death even before the match started. Once Khabib put him down in the first,
he panicked and lost most of his already low gas tank. The worst boxing he ever showed in the octagon.

I think he was scared to death even before the match started. Once Khabib put him down in the first,
he panicked and lost most of his already low gas tank. The worst boxing he ever showed in the octagon.

There was definitely something wrong with him. Either stage fright or injuries/illness.

There was definitely something wrong with him. Either stage fright or injuries/illness.
yeah something was definitely wrong, i believe he caught a bad case of fighting khabib nurmagomedov and got his shit pushed in.

I didn't watch, read about it last night (figured something was up when shertard was crashing lol) and today, but do people think that was all legit afterwards or whatever? As a now casual MMA fan (I liked it from '93 through Pride and into about 2010/2012 pretty die-hard), this stuff seems to be part of the show to me. The weigh-in crap, this. Those aren't the actions of professional fighters, smells like choreography to me. I don't know.

I like Bellator nowadays, seems they are going for finishes to try to get exposure and UFC fights.

Although Conor made a cult following by appearing super confident I think that he gets really
stressed out when things go south and then gasses. He lacks the composure of a truly elite fighter, that Floyd has
for example.

At least in the beginning he was really hungry and he wasn't discouraged as easily.
In the Chad Mendez fight he really was cocky from beginning to end. Here he was trying to appear that way using the same mannerism,
but he wasn't very convincing.

Although Conor made a cult following by appearing super confident I think that he gets really
stressed out when things go south and then gasses. He lacks the composure of a truly elite fighter, that Floyd has
for example.

At least in the beginning he was really hungry and he wasn't discouraged as easily.
In the Chad Mendez fight he really was cocky from beginning to end. Here he was trying to appear that way using the same mannerism,

Yeah I noticed this as well. He went back after the second round I think it was and he was putting on a really fake grin and nodding to himself despite the fact that he just completely dominated.

ring rust , and what a joke last night, great fight previous to that

It was fun to see a lot of die-hard McGregor fans get a reality check last night. Things got really racist really quickly at the bar I was at after the fight. Terrorist and goat-fucker got a lot of mileage.

That mayweather money has shut down Conor's hunger

I don't he'd ever have the composure or balls to not quit when he's getting dominated. He showed his true colours against Diaz the first time out. I didn't even think Khabib fought a good fight relative to his ability. He gave McGregor way more chances than he should have.

It was good to see Conor lose again, and to even see his fans get KO'd by Khabib's fans as well.
I don't like Conor, the way casuals feel about Mayweather is how I feel about Conor. Except Conor can't back up his shit talk.

Khabib was suppose to take a dive like Aldo and Alvarez but didnt

McGregor was only on his feet for the first 15 seconds in the first before the grappling started for the rest of the round, and then into the 2nd onwards he was already tired while Khabib's gas tank was near full throughout and had the threat of the takedown. I think that mostly explains how poor McGregor's striking looked. Looked like he had nothing on his punches by the 3rd.

It was fun to see a lot of die-hard McGregor fans get a reality check last night. Things got really racist really quickly at the bar I was at after the fight. Terrorist and goat-fucker got a lot of mileage.
Not surprising, there were whole threads in the heavies before the fight talking about whether the Irish or Dagestanis are genetically superior, or who was "cucked" harder in the past by colonizers.

Not surprising, there were whole threads in the heavies before the fight talking about whether the Irish or Dagestanis are genetically superior, or who was "cucked" harder in the past by colonizers.
the worst part about this is that I bet I could reproduce these discussions post by post without having even read them.

for example.

Conor is a total downhill skier, when opponents show adversity he wilts. This isn't down playing the guys talent either but when the going gets tough, he looks for a way out.

Yeah I noticed this as well. He went back after the second round I think it was and he was putting on a really fake grin and nodding to himself despite the fact that he just completely dominated.
Cant find atm but there was part in the fight where he seemed to be saying ' its only business' in the clinch. He waves the white flag pretty easily. Not sure how he can spin this.

Cant find atm but there was part in the fight where he seemed to be saying ' its only business' in the clinch. He waves the white flag pretty easily. Not sure how he can spin this.
He said this to Chad Mendes or Khabib? While Khabib was ground & pounding him Khabib was saying “Let's talk now!” and demanding Conor to “Talk!”. That was cold. The video clip is below.

He said this to Chad Mendes or Khabib? While Khabib was ground & pounding him Khabib was saying “Let's talk now!” and demanding Conor to “Talk!”. That was cold. The video clip is below.

I hear Khabib saying "Let's Go" rather than "Guess So" as is written on the video. I think "Let's Go" makes more sense considering his frame of mind and the context.

Back