The upcoming 6 main events

Rebel_LioN

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
In my opinion, they’re not doing it for me. Just a subjective opinion I’m sure others like it, they seem weak to me other than the Khabib/Conor fight. Woodley/Till is good too.

875B8F1E-037C-4C99-9EB5-99A56D7E16CA.jpeg

Glover is out of that scrap

Hunt is 44 and Oleinik 41.. lmao. I think this is the first time two guys who are both over 40 headline a UFC event?

Volkan vs Smith is ultimate underrated fight. Someone going down hard face plant

In my opinion, they’re not doing it for me. Just a subjective opinion I’m sure others like it, they seem weak to me other than the Khabib/Conor fight. Woodley/Till is good too.

View attachment 421595

UFC isn't dying but your interest in it is. Time for a new hobby buddeh. May I suggest tentacle hentai?

I agree. Meh.

UFC needs to have fewer shows/ppvs, period.

UFC isn't dying but your interest in it is. Time for a new hobby buddeh. May I suggest tentacle hentai?

Oh but it is dying. Their numbers are down across the board. Fact is, they have too many ppvs and too small of a top tier talent pool.

Washed up cards to make more money out of sponsors and tv deals. They have over the hill folks or cans main eventing left and right.

UFC is really the evolution of the sport.

Honestly I am pretty excited for Vick vs Gaethje, but thats because its Gaethje and the guy always brings it.

Oh but it is dying. Their numbers are down across the board. Fact is, they have too many ppvs and too small of a top tier talent pool.

They're getting a shit ton of money from the ESPN deal. 2017 was their best financial year. According to Sherdog they've been dying since 2001.

Your expectations are a bit high. Fight nights are usually subpar. You want stacked cards you're gonna have to wait for PPVs.

I'm not sure what more you can ask for from the Conor and Woodley main events. Those are about as good as main events get.

They're getting a shit ton of money from the ESPN deal. 2017 was their best financial year. According to Sherdog they've been dying since 2001.

Not quite sure how that's even possible but it's interesting. I don't remember 2017 being particularly stellar.

Th thread I posted earlier today about UFC 227 ppv numbers were hilarious. It hit 300k buys and everyone was like "wow back in the day this was a failure and we're celebrating it"

IT WAS THE SECOND MOST SOLD BANTAMWEIGHT FIGHT EVER. There was one time in 2011 where there were 50k more buys and that's it. But apparently we're just super mediocre now lol

Not quite sure how that's even possible but it's interesting. I don't remember 2017 being particularly stellar.

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2018/6/...-llc-made-well-over-700-million-last-year-mma

It's almost like billion dollar business owners know more about billion dollar businesses than Sherdog financial analysts.

Their business model is changing and they're no longer a fight promotion that relies mainly on PPVs. They're now an international content provider that relies heavily on rights fees.

Th thread I posted earlier today about UFC 227 ppv numbers were hilarious. It hit 300k buys and everyone was like "wow back in the day this was a failure and we're celebrating it"

IT WAS THE SECOND MOST SOLD BANTAMWEIGHT FIGHT EVER. There was one time in 2011 where there were 50k more buys and that's it. But apparently we're just super mediocre now lol

People are fucking delusional. The most successful Ufc year ever was just 2 years ago. Ppv sales are always carried by 2 or 3 stars it has nothing to do with the overall talent pool in the Ufc. Fight nights have always featured prospects and under the radar guys. People are just full of that nostalgic bullshit. I see it with all my dumb ass friends now that we're old.

Btw ts has been bitching about Ufc cards for 5 years. Why the fuck is he even still watching?

View attachment 421595
And boxing Fury vs Pianeta KSI vs Logan September Joshua vs Povetkin Alvarez vs GGG Usyk vs Bealwu Whyte vs Chisora Lomachenko vs Beltrand Garcia vs Spence Wilder vs Fury

View attachment 421595

I'm surprised to see Volkan vs Smith as a headliner but it should still be a fun fight as should all the rest of them. Most of them are free too so I don't really see a problem here.

Holy shit 180 from May weather mcgregor that's nuts

A lot of people claimed the UFC took a small percentage off of Conor's cut, and I knew that was BS from the beginning. They're a major partner in this just like Mayweather and McGregor, 180 million is like 3 PPVs with 1 million buys, and they put in very little in terms of promotional resources, so the profit margin for that 180 million must be very high. Also, in the year where Conor didn't even fight, he's still responsible for over 25% of the UFC revenue.

{<Mcgoat}{<Mcgoat}{<Mcgoat}

Back