The War Room Bet Thread v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no idea what SouthofAndes is, he is kind of left wing but also a christian fanatic that supports israel?

Btw, I think the GOP will lose a few seats in 2018.

@SouthoftheAndes is just a dumb troll, but he often pretends to be a left-winger. It's just weird to me that that's a pretty common poster type, but the reverse is not (Lead pointed to one example).

Well looks like I am gonna lose my bet.

Honestly did not except them to "go nuclear" that quickly.

You didnt have a chance dawg
They had that shit locked and loaded
It is all good. I just wanted to make a bet. This place does not get enough action.

@Jack V Savage , do keep validity to your approval rating bet, I need to know now if the Syria event is going to null the bet. I'm fine with keeping it in play if you think this isn't part of the null clause but I'd rather us come to agreement now than once we find out the results to avoid future arguments about the bets standing.

@Jack V Savage , do keep validity to your approval rating bet, I need to know now if the Syria event is going to null the bet. I'm fine with keeping it in play if you think this isn't part of the null clause but I'd rather us come to agreement now than once we find out the results to avoid future arguments about the bets standing.

Technically hasn't triggered the clause. No attack or vote on military authorization. So I don't think I'd have grounds to nullify. FWIW, I suspect this could help him a little but not to the point where I'm really worried about the bet.

Technically hasn't triggered the clause. No attack or vote on military authorization. So I don't think I'd have grounds to nullify. FWIW, I suspect this could help him a little but not to the point where I'm really worried about the bet.

So as long as congress isn't involved, it's okay or are we talking boots on the ground?

So as long as congress isn't involved, it's okay or are we talking boots on the ground?

I think that's @drstrangelov's call. The way I see it, I agreed to what I agreed to. If I get fucked by boots on the ground without Congress, I would still honor it unless he wanted to waive it.

I think that's @drstrangelov's call. The way I see it, I agreed to what I agreed to. If I get fucked by boots on the ground without Congress, I would still honor it unless he wanted to waive it.

Okay so the staple is congressional approval?

Okay so the staple is congressional approval?

Doesn't have to be approval. If he spikes over the limit while the vote is pending, that still nullifies. Again, if doc wants to discuss, I'm open--and the intention behind the nullification was just to make an exception for extraordinary events that could cause a temporary spike. But I think we're both fine with moving forward according to the letter of the bet, which is very favorable to me anyway.

I'd say keep it going until congressional approval. I think either way I'm looking at a loss, but I'd like to see where it goes.

Justice Neil Gorsuch

Erstwhile defender of The Republic

Fighting revisionism since 1967
If you know how to get the color in the sig, let me know.

But done otherwise.

If you know how to get the color in the sig, let me know.

But done otherwise.

✲✲´*。.❄¨¯`*✲。❄。*。¨¯`*✲__Justice Neil Gorsuch__✲´*。.❄¨¯`*✲。❄。*。¨¯`*✲✲
~~~~~~~~~~~~ヽ( ̄(エ) ̄)ノ___Defender of the Republic___ヽ( ̄(エ) ̄)ノ ~~~~~~~~~~~~
▂▃▅▇█▓▒░۩۞۩ ___Fighting Revisionism since 1967___۩۞۩░▒▓█▇▅▃▂​

✲✲´*。.❄¨¯`*✲。❄。*。¨¯`*✲__Justice Neil Gorsuch__✲´*。.❄¨¯`*✲。❄。*。¨¯`*✲✲
~~~~~~~~~~~~ヽ( ̄(エ) ̄)ノ___Defender of the Republic___ヽ( ̄(エ) ̄)ノ ~~~~~~~~~~~~
▂▃▅▇█▓▒░۩۞۩ ___Fighting Revisionism since 1967___۩۞۩░▒▓█▇▅▃▂​
Work for you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back