The War Room Lounge v.8: Conor was Framed by the Deep State Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really think public schools should require kids to go sit in on a couple court hearings to see how the legal process works.

Amount of mis-information would be comical if it wasn't so damn serious.

They do out here. Bad news is like most of school only very few kids actually learn anything from it or pay any attention.

They do out here. Bad news is like most of school only very few kids actually learn anything from it or pay any attention.
At least if you get the opportunity the thing is you can't claim ignorance then really as it's just a "well, you had the chance to learn numbnuts"

Home Ec/basic accounting should be required too. Can't get over how many people I know struggle financially cause they can't cook. Ask them to cook a steak and they turn it into a fucking hockey puck EVERY TIME. And because of that people can't keep track of their fucking money.

One of my roommates is lucky as she's a physical therapist so she makes bank but she eats out probably 5 times a week essentially.

Like... I throw a steak in a pan with some onions and finish it off with butter and a garlic paste on it and to her it's the most amazing shit ever.

EDIT:
My other roommate (and someone like @Der Eisbär and @AnGrYcRoW will probably find this comical) is a vegan and EVERY TIME she cooks... smoke detectors goes off.

How are you a vegan and cooking something to the point the damn smoke alarm goes off EVERY TIME?

At least if you get the opportunity the thing is you can't claim ignorance then really as it's just a "well, you had the chance to learn numbnuts"

Home Ec/basic accounting should be required too. Can't get over how many people I know struggle financially cause they can't cook. Ask them to cook a steak and they turn it into a fucking hockey puck EVERY TIME. And because of that people can't keep track of their fucking money.

One of my roommates is lucky as she's a physical therapist so she makes bank but she eats out probably 5 times a week essentially.

Like... I throw a steak in a pan with some onions and finish it off with butter and a garlic paste on it and to her it's the most amazing shit ever.

EDIT:
My other roommate (and someone like @Der Eisbär and @AnGrYcRoW will probably find this comical) is a vegan and EVERY TIME she cooks... smoke detectors goes off.

How are you a vegan and cooking something to the point the damn smoke alarm goes off EVERY TIME?
Honestly, I don't think it's cooking. Its just bad habits generally. If I don't cook much one month I cut expenses elsewhere. I have a friend who does know how to cook - and frequently does - but he is still sometimes behind on bills. He just has a ton of moderate expenses and doesn't track how they add up.

One piece of indoctrination in school that did fuck me up though was the subject of drugs. My dad smokes a lot of weed. I didn't know weed was bad, or thought bad, till like 2nd grade. Then we get an anti-drug demonstration and I realize my father is basically a crackhead or smackhead. Putting weed up there with those drugs. There really wasn't any distinction made. I was so ashamed. They destroyed my father in my eyes. I was scared he would get arrested and go to prison too. That began my hatred of cops. I started early.

tenor.gif

EDIT:

I'm going to need to know more about this cooking method for your steak that you're bragging about because the technique doesn't quite add up.

Why are you finishing it in butter, rosemary, butter in the pan, salt pepper the steak, pan baste, finish in oven depending on thickness of steak, Deglaze the pan. Fucking perfection dude.

I also eat out about four to five times a week, but I have my city mapped out on daily specials.

I'm going to need to know more about this cooking method for your steak that you're bragging about because the technique doesn't quite add up.

Why are you finishing it in butter, rosemary, butter in the pan, salt pepper the steak, pan baste, finish in oven depending on thickness of steak, Deglaze the pan. Fucking perfection dude.

I also eat out about four to five times a week, but I have my city mapped out on daily specials.

Bruh I'll get myself a thick ass ribeye for $10, whip up some compound butter, make my smashed red potatoes with roasted garlic (I use fresh made cheesy alfredo as the binding agent for those bad boys) saute up some asparagus to go with it or something and my God it's amazing.

Bruh I'll get myself a thick ass ribeye for $10, whip up some compound butter, make my smashed red potatoes with roasted garlic (I use fresh made cheesy alfredo as the binding agent for those bad boys) saute up some asparagus to go with it or something and my God it's amazing.

Delicious. Mr Agony, tell me something... What kind of red wine do you consume to allow such wonderful sustenance to slide nice and softly deep inside your moist esophagus?

Delicious. Mr Agony, tell me something... What kind of red wine do you consume to allow such wonderful sustenance to slide nice and softly deep inside your moist esophagus?

I don't know much about wine, I figure one day I'll quit drinking Evan Williams out of a flask and refine myself if I start making good enough money doing this stand up thing.

But if I'm trying to prove to myself I'm a strong independant man who don't need no woman I'll get a bottle of Malbec.

I don't know much about wine, I figure one day I'll quit drinking Evan Williams out of a flask and refine myself if I start making good enough money doing this stand up thing.

But if I'm trying to prove to myself I'm a strong independant man who don't need no woman I'll get a bottle of Malbec.

Malbec indeed is delicious. Try to get the one from Chile from the Cahor region. Allow wine to coat your soft wet tongue eloquently for the savor to trigger the optimal penetrations of the transcendent taste which would then impregnate the ultimate stimulus inside your beautiful cortex. It is necessary in synergy with tasting the flesh. These are the subtle nuances of life worth nurturing that will serve you well at the end of your waking moments.

However Mr Agony, I do have a suggestion for you. I have paid attention meticulously to your way of interaction. Having watched you take in information as you fuse with the collective to the dormant state as you sl..... Begin a new day... I couldn't help but notice the wine you need to absorb that is in tandem with your temperament should be something close to a Bordeaux blend... I might say to you.... Acquire the exquisite Orin's Swift "Abstract". You will not be disappointed.

Let me know how it taste upon ingestion in my inbox. If i am near your community i will come and say hi, and we can have a good drink together as we exchange knowledge through our unique path of wonders...

Why do I feel like senri would take advantage of Agony after he drunk too much wine?

He’d probably lick the side of Agony’s face too or some other weird shit

Why do I feel like senri would take advantage of Agony after he drunk too much wine?

I think he literally wants to eat him. I'm just not sure when he wants to...you know. Could be before or during. Maybe after....

I think that's pretty typical of high schools in places that aren't sheltered. Mine was pretty sheltered and innocent, only one football team gang rape. so our assemblies were pretty ra-ra.

Similar experience here, but my father did actually get arrested for pot. Shit messed me up. He had to go to an inpatient rehab to save his job and I was a holy terror to my mother and the school after that. Brought alcohol to school, fights, etc. Good times lol.

Wow. What you went through is what I worried about. Little did I know, that if my dad got busted for pot that he wouldn't go to jail. My fears were totally unfounded. Possession is a violation in NY. It is decriminalized. Unless you have a lot they basically just take it and give you an appearance ticket.

This cop show hosted by Dan Abrams. Cops from other parts of the country. Fuckin cuff a bunch of teenage girls, spotlights all over. Taken to jail. Over fuckin weed. A roach. lol. My God. If I got pulled over in NY and was found with a bag of weed, I would be driving away and certainly not handcuffed. It makes me angry just watching this show.

Wow. What you went through is what I worried about. Little did I know, that if my dad got busted for pot that he wouldn't go to jail. My fears were totally unfounded. Possession is a violation in NY. It is decriminalized. Unless you have a lot they basically just take it and give you an appearance ticket.

This cop show hosted by Dan Abrams. Cops from other parts of the country. Fuckin cuff a bunch of teenage girls, spotlights all over. Taken to jail. Over fuckin weed. A roach. lol. My God. If I got pulled over in NY and was found with a bag of weed, I would be driving away and certainly not handcuffed. It makes me angry just watching this show.

Yeah some places have really fucked up laws. The demonization of weed has been something out of proportion for so long it’s really crazy. I’m glad it’s moving the other direction now, just hope it doesn’t become an epidemic like tobacco.

I think he literally wants to eat him. I'm just not sure when he wants to...you know. Could be before or during. Maybe after....
If I go missing during my next tour... you guys know where to look.

Fair. I'd agree with those odds, but I'd chalk it up more to uncertainty. That is, if I'm right, I think Ali wins more often than that, but Tyson was good, and I could be wrong. I remember in one of these threads, I had some of the same concerns about Garbrandt before he faced Cruz. I thought Cody could definitely KO Cruz, but that he'd more likely be tooled. Instead, he showed way better footwork than I expected (subtle turns to stay in a good position, especially) and won a clear decision. I don't think that was an underdog just coming through; it was me being wrong about what the odds should have been going in. That said, I think I have a better handle on Tyson's skills now than I did on Cody's at that time.

Yeah, I disagree pretty strongly with this, and I did anticipate that this would be the real sticking point. Watch Tyson vs. Thomas and Tyson vs. Douglas back to back. I think the Thomas fight would give you the expectation that someone fighting like Douglas did would beat Mike's ass. And I think Buster was damned good that night.
I thought exactly the same about Garbrandt, that was a superb performance.

To continue the Tyson discussion I need to go back and watch the Thomas and Douglas fights. You must know, however, that it is purely out of respect that I am willing to even momentarily consider your blasphemous insinuation that the Douglas fight was illustrative of Tyson at the peak of his capabilities. Dude was a mental wreck at that point (more so than usual I mean). Douglas fought the fight of his life vs Someone Who Used To Be Mike Tyson and still was saved by the bell in the 8th. Thomas was a very solid pro who had his moments but Tyson blasted him with a vicious volley in the 6th. Anyway, I'll get back to you on that one.

OK. I don't know as much about the details of the case as you seem to. I thought she did have injuries consistent with a rape, though. That's why I gave a kind of general response (I usually assume juries know more than I do, and I basically wouldn't put it past him based on stuff he's said himself).
I needed to refresh my memory but upon review I wasn't far off at all. Here's a couple of pretty easy quick articles that detail the trial pretty well.
https://www.indianapolismonthly.com/features/down-for-the-count-lawyers-look-mike-tyson-rape-trial/
https://www.indianapolismonthly.com/features/the-decision-mike-tysons-rape-trial-25-years-later/
Cliffs version:Tyson's lead defense lawyer did a terrible job. Don King hired the guy because he got King off on a tax evasion case but he was inept as a criminal defense lawyer. Jury selection was botched, potentially exculpatory eyewitness testimony was allowed to be excluded, Mike should have never been allowed to take the stand, the defense strategy seemed to be something along the lines of "Everyone knows Tyson is a pig, she should have known what was going to happen", it was pretty ridiculous. Tyson basically went to jail over a "he-said she said" date-rape accusation lacking in physical evidence.

For what it's worth, I think it's noteworthy that Tyson has been pretty forthcoming in his later years about the bad things he's done in the past but not once has he admitted guilt in the case.

EDIT:

Can they cook rice though?;)

I thought exactly the same about Garbrandt, that was a superb performance.

To continue the Tyson discussion I need to go back and watch the Thomas and Douglas fights. You must know, however, that it is purely out of respect that I am willing to even momentarily consider your blasphemous insinuation that the Douglas fight was illustrative of Tyson at the peak of his capabilities. Dude was a mental wreck at that point (more so than usual I mean). Douglas fought the fight of his life vs Someone Who Used To Be Mike Tyson and still was saved by the bell in the 8th. Thomas was a very solid pro who had his moments but Tyson blasted him with a vicious volley in the 6th. Anyway, I'll get back to you on that one.

Cool. Looking forward to it. And to be clear, I don't think a fight in which Tyson got dominated for 9+ rounds was his best performance or anything. But I think the Tyson of that night would have still beaten his previous opponents and that it is highly relevant to an evaluation of the kind of fighter he is (not something that can be just waved away or dismissed as not being the "real" Tyson). Everyone has bad performances or fights against guys who are good stylistic matchups with them, and those are usually used for insight into how they might do against other good fighters who could present similar challenges, but in Tyson's case, it seems to be that they're used to completely write them off in terms of relevance.

I think that Tyson kind of overmatched Thomas physically in the first round, sloppily clubbing him around and doing some damage. Took some wind out of Thomas' sails after that, but Thomas still adjusted and without using as much movement as he should have, seemed to have Tyson pretty well figured out before getting taken out. Makes you think (watching that fight does) that a guy exactly like Douglas (or Ali, in a different way) would be hell for him.

Getting away from the main subject, and as I think I mentioned earlier, Tyson won The title (that is, the real one) from an unremarkable (below average) champ, defended it successfully twice against unremarkable competition, and then lost it to an unremarkable champion at the age of 23, and then never again could claim to be the best HW in the world (got stomped by the two great opponents he faced, and also quit in the third round against one of them). On the other hand, on the way up, he made an impression on the boxing world that no young HW had since Joe Louis, looking absolutely spectacular while dispatching the kind of low-level competition that everyone fights on the way up. People tend to look at one or the other of those sets of facts and ignore the other one. But I think they're both relevant. I don't think he was either Dwight Gooden or Ryan Anderson--someone in between. Maybe Steve Avery?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back