The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt

I definitely did not clean up the water around skellige, 8000 is probably about right. I did every quest I came across, but I'm certain I missed at least a few.

Not really necessary at all. The start of witcher 3 sorta goes over the major plot points of the first two games, I think there was even a catch-up movie that recapped the first two.

The Witcher and Assassin of Kings are good, but nowhere near as good as Witcher 3. I wouldn't bother playing them just to catch up on the story.

edit: the movie

Thanks dude. <cheer>

Ps4 keeps spitting the disk out. Anyone ever run into this problem? It does it with this game as well as others.

Blood and Wine is great so far. I just beat the rock beast and met the vampire dude.

Did most of you actually complete the entire game? Like every question mark, every gwent card and every contract or side quest? Considering going for it, but not sure if it's worth it.

Especially the gwent cards and 8000 smugglers cache's in Skellige. Gwent is fun, but it's a bit tedious to collect all cards when you don't know who you've played already.
I did, and clocked in at around 180 hours by the time I was done. The question marks in the Skellige waters are extremely tedious and redundant (it's all just buried treasure you have to dive in for, and I experienced a glitch where "press X to dive" stopped working after a while). But to the best of my recollection, I didn't even get an achievement for clearing all of the question marks.

At some point near the end, you'll probably get a book called "The Miraculous Guide to Gwent" which shows all the cards you don't have. I'm not sure if it'll tell you the location as well, but chances are you'll be able to Google them and track them down. But it's just good practices to talk to every innkeeper, check their inventory for cards, and play Gwent with everyone who has the dialog option.

I did, and clocked in at around 180 hours by the time I was done. The question marks in the Skellige waters are extremely tedious and redundant (it's all just buried treasure you have to dive in for, and I experienced a glitch where "press X to dive" stopped working after a while). But to the best of my recollection, I didn't even get an achievement for clearing all of the question marks.

At some point near the end, you'll probably get a book called "The Miraculous Guide to Gwent" which shows all the cards you don't have. I'm not sure if it'll tell you the location as well, but chances are you'll be able to Google them and track them down. But it's just good practices to talk to every innkeeper, check their inventory for cards, and play Gwent with everyone who has the dialog option.
Yeah, I have that book now. It only says how many cards are missing in in which country they are in. The book is not that helpful IMO.

I'll probably leave the cards and question marks for now and focus on the main story for a bit.

I think I'm gonna get the complete edition when it releases later this month. I have Witcher 2 on 360 but I never finished it. Do I need to finish it to enjoy W3?

I think I'm gonna get the complete edition when it releases later this month. I have Witcher 2 on 360 but I never finished it. Do I need to finish it to enjoy W3?

Nope, the end of witcher 2 really only plays into one side quest type of thing and has no real bearing on the story at all. Witcher 3 is more of a continuation of the first game to be honest, and there is enough recap of the plot points of the previous games for it to stand alone pretty nicely.

I think I just got to the "end" of the Whoreson Junior quest, annnnd...holy shit, dude.

Now I'm on another Ciri flashback.

EDIT: Once again, holy shit. That ending to the quest.

Last edited:
Open world games should follow The Witcher 3's example and populate the world with interesting quests. Often times I didn't even want to use the fast travel option because I was worried about missing a hidden quest or event. Even now, after finishing the game I feel like I missed something somewhere. Definitely one of my all time favorite game franchises.

Open world games should follow The Witcher 3's example and populate the world with interesting quests. Often times I didn't even want to use the fast travel option because I was worried about missing a hidden quest or event. Even now, after finishing the game I feel like I missed something somewhere. Definitely one of my all time favorite game franchises.
Yeah, the world is so fleshed out it's insane really. That said, some things do feel a bit like a chore if you want to finish everything. Like the treasure hunts for all the Witcher armor and weapons. Same thing over and over again.

Getting my shit pushed in in Blood and Wine. Grattore and the Living Statues are cucking me. My build is shit. Witcher players, pls halp

Getting my shit pushed in in Blood and Wine. Grattore and the Living Statues are cucking me. My build is shit. Witcher players, pls halp

Use decoctions and build up your toxicity level by choosing some of the alchemy skills (forgot what it was called exactly). Ekhidna decoction heals you when you cast signs. Very helpful. Also use Quen a lot to protect yourself.

You can reset your skill points by buying a potion of clearance. Google where to find it. A merchant in Novigrad near the barber always has one.

That one skill that lets you regenerate health for 20 min by eating food helped me out a ton. Found it a bit OP even.

That Bloody Baron questline is one of the best in any game ever

I bought a clearing potion. Also started my alchemy. I had fucking regular swallow and thunderbolt at level 40.

I bought this game and started playing it over the weekend. So far I am really liking it, but I am a noob with this kind of gameplay.

I like the combat mechanics, even though that seems to be the biggest thing that people complain about. The striking is easy, the dodge is responsive. I just don't like how long it takes you to recover in order to cast a sign after dodging. Half the time I am mashing my button, hoping that I get the sign casted before I get staggered again.

I am only level 4 so far. I've killed a Griffen and a Werewolf, and now I just cleared the part where you are in the Elven ruins underground with that blonde witch, and you have to fight a couple wraiths that appear as dopplegangers of Geralt and Blondie.

My biggest beef with the game is the looting system. I am constantly fucking BROKE. Any time I get anything more than 100 coins in my possession, I have to spend it all on repairing my stuff. So I see all these armour sets that I would like to buy, but I never have money for any of it.

Is there an easy way to get some money in this game?

I bought this game and started playing it over the weekend. So far I am really liking it, but I am a noob with this kind of gameplay.

I like the combat mechanics, even though that seems to be the biggest thing that people complain about. The striking is easy, the dodge is responsive. I just don't like how long it takes you to recover in order to cast a sign after dodging. Half the time I am mashing my button, hoping that I get the sign casted before I get staggered again.

I am only level 4 so far. I've killed a Griffen and a Werewolf, and now I just cleared the part where you are in the Elven ruins underground with that blonde witch, and you have to fight a couple wraiths that appear as dopplegangers of Geralt and Blondie.

My biggest beef with the game is the looting system. I am constantly fucking BROKE. Any time I get anything more than 100 coins in my possession, I have to spend it all on repairing my stuff. So I see all these armour sets that I would like to buy, but I never have money for any of it.

Is there an easy way to get some money in this game?
Odd. I never really had money problems in The Witcher, but probably because I look damn near everything and sell everything I don't need. I loot food, drink, pelts, miscellaneous junk, etc. not to mention I play Gwent all the time. As the game goes on and you level up more and more just make sure you look out for chests and look your enemies. You'll end up getting quite a bit of gold. Also roam around the map looking for mini treasure seeker type quests (but be careful or else you'll run into an area thats way to high level and you'll get rekt'd.)

Pffft. Gwent. Anytime I have played it, the person I am playing has cards that rank in at a value of 10, where mine are all 4 or 6. I get smashed.

Back