The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt

Honestly, as i huge games that i am, this is one of the best games i have ever played. I am a big RPG guy and played all good RPG and Witcher 3 is the best out there for me. Class game.

Odd. I never really had money problems in The Witcher, but probably because I look damn near everything and sell everything I don't need. I loot food, drink, pelts, miscellaneous junk, etc. not to mention I play Gwent all the time. As the game goes on and you level up more and more just make sure you look out for chests and look your enemies. You'll end up getting quite a bit of gold. Also roam around the map looking for mini treasure seeker type quests (but be careful or else you'll run into an area thats way to high level and you'll get rekt'd.)

I was trying to travel light but now that I am broke, I am going to pick up anything I can find to sell, even the Rusty Nilfgaardian swords.

I was trying to travel light but now that I am broke, I am going to pick up anything I can find to sell, even the Rusty Nilfgaardian swords.
I burned through 20,000 crowns getting the complete set of Grandmaster Wolven Witcher gear made. Now I have no money lol.

I've been playing Witcher 3 since day 1. I just cant beat it. It lies there, month after month not being played. I am slow with games, but Witcher 2 took me like 3 weeks. I dont know why I cant find the heart to finish it. I have a shit ton of side quests left, Blood and Wine and Hearts of Stone. Just reached Kaer Morhen, just dont have the heart to play.

I bought this game and started playing it over the weekend. So far I am really liking it, but I am a noob with this kind of gameplay.

I like the combat mechanics, even though that seems to be the biggest thing that people complain about. The striking is easy, the dodge is responsive. I just don't like how long it takes you to recover in order to cast a sign after dodging. Half the time I am mashing my button, hoping that I get the sign casted before I get staggered again.

I am only level 4 so far. I've killed a Griffen and a Werewolf, and now I just cleared the part where you are in the Elven ruins underground with that blonde witch, and you have to fight a couple wraiths that appear as dopplegangers of Geralt and Blondie.

My biggest beef with the game is the looting system. I am constantly fucking BROKE. Any time I get anything more than 100 coins in my possession, I have to spend it all on repairing my stuff. So I see all these armour sets that I would like to buy, but I never have money for any of it.

Is there an easy way to get some money in this game?
I think the merchants and blacksmiths in Novigrad give the best prices. Once you get to that location, loot everything you see and sell it in Novigrad. If you find different coins, go to the Dwarf banker in Novigrad and trade those coins.

I think the merchants and blacksmiths in Novigrad give the best prices. Once you get to that location, loot everything you see and sell it in Novigrad. If you find different coins, go to the Dwarf banker in Novigrad and trade those coins.

Yeah, the hierarch square banker dwarf in novigrad is the best way to pick up spare cash converting other non state coinage. I put a lot of mods into my game, making it harder, and coin is super hard to come by, just like in the books. Geralt always basically scrapes by, as do most other witchers.

Another question, since money seems to be hard to come by so far: Will I get random loot drops that will raise my Armour up as I progress? Or do I have to save up and buy from merchants for the good stuff?

Another question, since money seems to be hard to come by so far: Will I get random loot drops that will raise my Armour up as I progress? Or do I have to save up and buy from merchants for the good stuff?
As I find it, you get higher level gear commensurate with your own level.

The way to secure the best gear is to get diagrams, acquire the necessary crafting components for the armour / swords of your level, and paying a smith / armourer to craft them. Go for the Griffin / Feline treasure hunts a few levels before the suggested level (in most cases, the treasure hunts are easy).

On my second playthrough right now, and I have ~90,000 gold at level 25 just by looting all the question marks and selling everything I'm not using (don't forget to sell excess runestones / glyphs). Pro tip to get cheese: ALWAYS sell weapons / armour to smiths / armourers. Regular merchants cheap out on you.

You'll get loot drops, weapons and armor as quest rewards sometimes, and can craft better armor as well.

Another tip, outside of Oxenfurt there is a dwarven herbalist. He's not far from the city at all, to the east. From him, you can buy potion and bomb diagrams. The higher variants of swallow can help you in battle a ton.

At first it was tough for me and I ended up buying several weapons from merchants. But after a while you'll get diagrams for all sorts of shit and you'll realize that buying finished goods is a waste of money.

And make sure you get those smuggler stashes right away. And you'll get good shit from the monsters you kill on contract.

It only took me a few hours after going broke to get the necessary 14,000 crowns to get the playing house achievement tonight. At 99 hours on this playthrough, about done with everything including the DLCs

finally finished the main game.

it was awesome but they really messed up the difficulty. first few monsters were hard, you had to exploit the weaknesses with right potions, signs etc. which was really cool.

but after a while I was just completely overlevelled from doing most (not even all) of the side quests. for the second half of the game I could just beat down every enemy with light attacks and no blocking/dodging/ magic at all.

Been a while since I posted in this thread, but it's a 10 out of 10 game for me.

What I would have liked though was way less of boating around on Skellige for sunken loot, and more rewarding weapons/gear from side missions/bosses.

The swimming and boating was very tedious, but great way to raise cash.

I don't like jumping into sequels so I bought Witcher 1 and 2 and going to beat those first before I get the 3rd one.

Is it wrong that i don’t give a fuck about the story? I just skip the cutscenes and don’t know what’s happening? I’m looking for a chick or something??

Can anyone give me any pointers on beating the final boss on Blood and wine? I got through the entire game without any issues, beat almost all the side quests but I just cannot beat the last vampire guy. My level probably isn't high enough but I've backed myself into a corner and saved right before the fight happens :/

Can anyone give me any pointers on beating the final boss on Blood and wine? I got through the entire game without any issues, beat almost all the side quests but I just cannot beat the last vampire guy. My level probably isn't high enough but I've backed myself into a corner and saved right before the fight happens :/

Use Quen, dodge and attack is how I remember beating everyone lol

Is it wrong that i don’t give a fuck about the story? I just skip the cutscenes and don’t know what’s happening? I’m looking for a chick or something??

The dialogue and the characters you encounter along the way are probably the best things about the game. You're really doing yourself a disservice here.

I don't like jumping into sequels so I bought Witcher 1 and 2 and going to beat those first before I get the 3rd one.
If you've got the time, that's a great decision. The first two are absolutely worth playing. They're really good. They both have more interesting main stories than the third imo. However, Wild Hunt's side quests, contracts, open world, and minor tweaks to combat and leveling are so good that I probably wouldn't want to go back and play the other two retroactively.

I was like that too when I started Witcher 3 about a week ago. I was like ok I have to find my old love - pretty lame/sappy (though its definitely better as I progress through the story), and storylines mainly progress through walk up cut-scenes? It seems you cant really converse with anyone without cut-scene dialogue so I felt it was a game that wasnt for me (I just prefer voice over/read dialogue personally). But after a couple hours I adjusted to it and I think its really good. It reminds me of the time I had a less than desirable first impression of a game like Elder Scrolls Morrowind because I couldnt stand the combat system... but after a few hours I adjusted and its probably my favorite game of all time.

Unfortunately for Witcher 3 im stuck because I overwrote my save game before this cave fight and I get 1 shot destroyed everytime. Turns out that if I go to the quest page it gives a suggested level of 33 and im currently at 5 so i'll probably have to restart haha.

Back