The WRAP - Wario Ranting About Podcasts

I don't like the ads either, but they pay their bills and can't you skip them and fast forward

I like the LAW podcast, though I barely listen nowadays because WWE is so shitty.

Jim Cornette's show is fine, just wish he would keep his political views to himself.

Big fan of Schiavone's podcast. Some legit LOL moments for sure. I always liked Tony and it's nice to see him back involved in wrasslin'.

Keep meaning to check out 6:05.

Attitude Era. Used to love it. Should've called it a day after WM 17. Could do without the 10 minute whingefests about how the women were booked. They were booked just fine.

How2Wrestling. Listened to one episode. Never again.

E&C - Heard some clips, seems fine.

Chael - Show is OK. Don't listen to it much though.

Austin's show was fine. Don't listen as much due to WWE's current suckage.

JR is depressing as fuck.

MSL/Sullivan - Used to listen. I enjoyed it. 1.5x speed is a must though because Sully talks... so.... slowly.

I like Russo and Disco's show. Once in a while I might listen to other Russo shows.

Solomonster Sounds Off - It's fine. Sometimes agree, sometimes disagree. Keeps me up to date with the show in case a miracle happens and it gets better.

I don't like the ads either, but they pay their bills and can't you skip them and fast forward

Yes I can which doesnt mean I can't tell them they're irritating as fuck, ruining the podcast and destroying the point.

And I buy shirts from dudes I like as well as Patreon some shit.

I found a podcast by a guy named Don Tony recently. Guy is an absolute 'tard.

Based on the reviews itt, I have Schiavone another chance, and I'm really glad that I did. I guess it took a few podcasts for the guys to get comfortable with their schtick and all that, but man I really enjoy this show. Not as much as Prichard but I still like it. Tony doesn't know shit about the behind the scenes action at WCW, but he has a lot of fun stories about the guys and Conrad is pretty good at getting funny stuff out of him. I love when they rip on his wife Lois. I was surprised because I never liked Tony back in the WCW days as a commentator, I always found hI'm bland and never would have imagined that he was such a funny guy. Also I think I was a little rustled at the "butts in seats" comment for all these years too because I was always a mark for Foley.

Jericho interview with Bruno was pretty interesting listen.
Bruno had a hard childhood.

Fuck any wrestling podcast that discusses North American sports. Fucking ruins it for me. E&C talking about hockey. Breaking Kayfabe got Unsubscribed in a couple of hours. Only one I can tolerate is Konnan because it’s 15 mins of your bullshit in 4 hours of goodness.

yeah what's the rumor and innuendo why? seriously I haven't kept up in a while

No idea, maybe there’s something in his last show a month ago. Heard about it from some other shows.

Conrad Thompson changed the format of the show after I told him how much the 15 mins of ads at the beginning sucks.

So does the Schiavone podcast get better as it goes along? I listened to the first couple episodes and I unsubscribed because it seemed like such a waste of time. Tony doesn't seem to know anything more about WCW than I do.

My thoughts exactly.

Bauer & Pollock: I liked the concept of a podcast focusing on the business elements of wrestling, but having two straightmen like Court Bauer and John Pollock wasn't my cup of tea. It always seemed like Pollock catered to Bauer like how an entry-level employee would talk to a senior-level manager.

History in the Making
: I enjoyed the fuck out of this show when I had MLW VIP. Really appreciated that Bauer and Farmer took the time / did the research for topics that might only appeal to such a tiny fraction of the pro wrestling audience, but it's really unheralded gemstone programming. Reminds me of "Rome" on HBO.

Jim Cornette Experience / Drive-Thru:
Cornette's really enjoyable to listen to, but only if you're purposefully ignorant enough to not be bothered by his hypocrisy. It's funny that he lambasts Dixie Carter for being blind to how terrible Russo was and how he was a plague on TNA, when Cornette himself ignored / blocked most of his audience who were telling him the same about his last co-host (who was the drizzling shits). Brian Last pretty much saved these two shows, and now it's a worthwhile listen if you can endure the plugs / appearances (that are only applicable to <1% of the listening audience).

Keepin' It 100 w/Konnan:
Konnan and Inferno have incredible chemistry, and is the best banter on the wrestling podcast scene. WAY too much about lucha (which was also the case when Konnan was on MLW), to the point where it's alienating the non-Mexican audience. Gill grew on me because he was usually diametrically opposed to Konnan and Inferno's views, and podcasts thrive off of conflict. Having Feeney replace Gill was a brutal decision, and Feeney unnaturally interjecting himself in conversations with "Yeah," "Uh huh," is painful.

Live Audio Wrestling / Review-a-Wai: Lovranski is the life of the show, Agnew has good opinions but can be irritating (he's the Canadian version of Bryan Alvarez), and I've had my fill of Pollock (although he's obviously very informed). Forcefeeding Braden Harrington to the audience was problematic, and they started producing too much content for inevitable burnout.

MLW Radio: Was a great show when it was the "OG3": Konnan, MSL, and Bauer—but Konnan was the heart of the show, and when he left, the humour was gone. It was on life support anyway with Konnan and Bauer mostly being gone, and MSL having to co-host with the likes of Alex Greenfield and others. Then Konnan having a hissyfit and banning MSL (the only consistent host) while Konnan himself was barely doing any shows was fucking ridiculous. Fortunately, he later saw the error of his ways, but again, without Konnan, it's just two guys talking about their perspective on wrestling.

MSL & Sullivan / Helluva Deal: Sullivan is great to listen to, and MSL hosts this show really well. But they had a format that worked (covering Nitro / WCW in chronological order), and then tried to fix what wasn't broke by talking current wrestling for the first half, and recapping WCW in the second (or at least this was the format the last time I listened). At that point this show became expendable in the overpopulated world of wrestling podcasts.

Something to Wrestle With... Bruce Prichard: Probably the best podcast out there with Thompson's research + style of hosting, and Prichard's insight + impressions. Much like Cornette, you just have to learn to endure the times you know Prichard is bullshitting, but otherwise there's a lot of heart that's poured into this podcast.

The Steve Austin Show: Obviously some of the interviews he's been able to pull off are legendary, but Austin rests on his laurels a lot. Having Bauer or Keller on to do most of his analysis for him is lazy, and nobody really cares about the Broken Skull Ranch or his life outside of wrestling. At one point I thought (with Austin's reputation and pull in this industry) that he could become the Howard Stern of wrestling podcasts (meaning, whenever there's a major controversy in the industry, his show would be the go-to for guests, IE: Del Rio + Paige, because they know it's the biggest platform—similar to what Helwani's MMA Hour has become), but like I said, Austin has become complacent, and losing the WWE Network partnership hasn't helped.

What Happened When w/Tony Schiavone: The amended format has really elevated this show to STWW level. Thompson and Schiavone are fantastic together, and some of the bits that have happened are among the funniest things I've ever heard in podcasts (IE: Schiavone arguing with his wife while Thompson is hurling insults at her, LOL).

Wrestling Observer Radio: It's worth tolerating Alvarez to hear Meltzer's information and analysis.

You're Welcome w/Chael Sonnen: Sonnen's obviously an extremely charismatic guy (whose charisma translates very well to hosting, whereas others, like McGregor, I'm not sure would have that ability), and I enjoy his candor. I missed the drama with his last co-host, and need to listen more to form a better opinion. But I think this is a show that would benefit with him not having guests, and Sonnen just providing his (often times controversial) opinion on things.

Tom Robinson and Brian Last are no longer working together
TR went on Shootin The Shiznit and told his side of the story in his round about never really getting to the point somewhat frustrating to listen to kinda way
TGBL said he'll respond on the next 6:05 and then do a Q&A in the Facebook group

Personally I hope they can work it out cause TR is a great part of the 6:05

Bauer & Pollock: I liked the concept of a podcast focusing on the business elements of wrestling, but having two straightmen like Court Bauer and John Pollock wasn't my cup of tea. It always seemed like Pollock catered to Bauer like how an entry-level employee would talk to a senior-level manager.

History in the Making
: I enjoyed the fuck out of this show when I had MLW VIP. Really appreciated that Bauer and Farmer took the time / did the research for topics that might only appeal to such a tiny fraction of the pro wrestling audience, but it's really unheralded gemstone programming. Reminds me of "Rome" on HBO.

Jim Cornette Experience / Drive-Thru:
Cornette's really enjoyable to listen to, but only if you're purposefully ignorant enough to not be bothered by his hypocrisy. It's funny that he lambasts Dixie Carter for being blind to how terrible Russo was and how he was a plague on TNA, when Cornette himself ignored / blocked most of his audience who were telling him the same about his last co-host (who was the drizzling shits). Brian Last pretty much saved these two shows, and now it's a worthwhile listen if you can endure the plugs / appearances (that are only applicable to <1% of the listening audience).

Keepin' It 100 w/Konnan:
Konnan and Inferno have incredible chemistry, and is the best banter on the wrestling podcast scene. WAY too much about lucha (which was also the case when Konnan was on MLW), to the point where it's alienating the non-Mexican audience. Gill grew on me because he was usually diametrically opposed to Konnan and Inferno's views, and podcasts thrive off of conflict. Having Feeney replace Gill was a brutal decision, and Feeney unnaturally interjecting himself in conversations with "Yeah," "Uh huh," is painful.

Live Audio Wrestling / Review-a-Wai: Lovranski is the life of the show, Agnew has good opinions but can be irritating (he's the Canadian version of Bryan Alvarez), and I've had my fill of Pollock (although he's obviously very informed). Forcefeeding Braden Harrington to the audience was problematic, and they started producing too much content for inevitable burnout.

MLW Radio: Was a great show when it was the "OG3": Konnan, MSL, and Bauer—but Konnan was the heart of the show, and when he left, the humour was gone. It was on life support anyway with Konnan and Bauer mostly being gone, and MSL having to co-host with the likes of Alex Greenfield and others. Then Konnan having a hissyfit and banning MSL (the only consistent host) while Konnan himself was barely doing any shows was fucking ridiculous. Fortunately, he later saw the error of his ways, but again, without Konnan, it's just two guys talking about their perspective on wrestling.

MSL & Sullivan / Helluva Deal: Sullivan is great to listen to, and MSL hosts this show really well. But they had a format that worked (covering Nitro / WCW in chronological order), and then tried to fix what wasn't broke by talking current wrestling for the first half, and recapping WCW in the second (or at least this was the format the last time I listened). At that point this show became expendable in the overpopulated world of wrestling podcasts.

Something to Wrestle With... Bruce Prichard: Probably the best podcast out there with Thompson's research + style of hosting, and Prichard's insight + impressions. Much like Cornette, you just have to learn to endure the times you know Prichard is bullshitting, but otherwise there's a lot of heart that's poured into this podcast.

The Steve Austin Show: Obviously some of the interviews he's been able to pull off are legendary, but Austin rests on his laurels a lot. Having Bauer or Keller on to do most of his analysis for him is lazy, and nobody really cares about the Broken Skull Ranch or his life outside of wrestling. At one point I thought (with Austin's reputation and pull in this industry) that he could become the Howard Stern of wrestling podcasts (meaning, whenever there's a major controversy in the industry, his show would be the go-to for guests, IE: Del Rio + Paige, because they know it's the biggest platform—similar to what Helwani's MMA Hour has become), but like I said, Austin has become complacent, and losing the WWE Network partnership hasn't helped.

What Happened When w/Tony Schiavone: The amended format has really elevated this show to STWW level. Thompson and Schiavone are fantastic together, and some of the bits that have happened are among the funniest things I've ever heard in podcasts (IE: Schiavone arguing with his wife while Thompson is hurling insults at her, LOL).

Wrestling Observer Radio: It's worth tolerating Alvarez to hear Meltzer's information and analysis.

You're Welcome w/Chael Sonnen: Sonnen's obviously an extremely charismatic guy (whose charisma translates very well to hosting, whereas others, like McGregor, I'm not sure would have that ability), and I enjoy his candor. I missed the drama with his last co-host, and need to listen more to form a better opinion. But I think this is a show that would benefit with him not having guests, and Sonnen just providing his (often times controversial) opinion on things.
Loved History In The Making
Matt Farmer really did a great job with the research and detailed storytelling
The Jim Barnett episode was my favorite, man I wish he woulda wrote a book, his life story is basically the history of pro wrestling

You listen to all these but dont listen to the 6:05?

Back