THE X-FILES Season 11 (Premieres January 3, 2018)

Hmm. . .

Anderson says this is it, she doesn't plan to come back for a 12th season. If that's really the case, then they need to wrap up the storyline. No point in trying to make the show without her.

I remember her campaigning to get S10 made so I'm surprised she's ready to hop off so quickly.

Gillian Anderson says she’s likely done with The X-Files after the upcoming 11th season.

In an interview with ScreenRant, the actress was asked if she was “open to continuing beyond” the upcoming season.

“No, no, I think this will be it for me,” she said. When asked why she did this season then, Anderson replied, “Because it felt like it wasn’t over. It didn’t feel like we necessarily deliver everything the fans were expecting of us last time, and so it was that.” (We reached out to Fox about Anderson’s comments, and the network had nothing to add at this time.)

Creator Chris Carter noted at NYCC that the new season will end on a cliffhanger, so that means there’s a chance that fans won’t get a resolution to the show’s ever-unspooling mythology (then again, when doesn’t a season of The X-Files end on a cliffhanger?).

Getting Anderson and her costar David Duchovny on board was the trickiest part about reviving the Fox sci-fi series for six episodes in 2016, and negotiations for 2018’s upcoming 10 episodes dragged out for months. Yet X-Files has always been a procedural that’s been rather pliable to market forces rather than to a strictly planned creative vision, and if Fox backs up the money truck for a “12th and final!” season, it wouldn’t be surprising if the Duchovny and Anderson picked up their flashlights once again. Anderson seemed to acknowledge as much later in that same interview when she noted, “You know, there’s always been this ‘maybe one more’ thing hanging over [the show].”

Hmm. . .

Anderson says this is it, she doesn't plan to come back for a 12th season. If that's really the case, then they need to wrap up the storyline. No point in trying to make the show without her.

I remember her campaigning to get S10 made so I'm surprised she's ready to hop off so quickly.

She hates david duchovny irl

She hates david duchovny irl

yeah i read that too, somewhere, a long time ago, anyway we dont need Mulder anyway, its like its been 50 years or something, reboot it with a new agent, John Dogget was better and everyone knew this

anyway we dont need Mulder anyway, its like its been 50 years or something, reboot it with a new agent, John Dogget was better and everyone knew this

Doggett wad alright but.no, we need mulder. Its not x files without mulder. But mulder looks 147 years old now. Do a totally new paranormal show in the vein of x files might be cool. But adult oriented, not teeny bop like supernatural

Doggett wad alright but.no, we need mulder. Its not x files without mulder. But mulder looks 147 years old now. Do a totally new paranormal show in the vein of x files might be cool. But adult oriented, not teeny bop like supernatural

Honestly, last season Duchovny seemed uninspired and it felt like he didn't even want to be there. Just the other day I was talking to my dad and was like, "It's Anderson's show now. Duchovny is just along for the ride."

I'd at least be willing to give a new Mulder-less X-Files season a shot. They'd need to replace him with someone good though.

yeah i read that too, somewhere, a long time ago, anyway we dont need Mulder anyway, its like its been 50 years or something, reboot it with a new agent, John Dogget was better and everyone knew this
Good god no.

This fucking bait

Almost got me to respond with serious anger

Honestly, last season Duchovny seemed uninspired and it felt like he didn't even want to be there. Just the other day I was talking to my dad and was like, "It's Anderson's show now. Duchovny is just along for the ride."

I'd at least be willing to give a new Mulder-less X-Files season a shot. They'd need to replace him with someone good though.

It would have to be somebody really interesting to replace mulder.

I would watch hugh laurie's House character trying to solve paranormal cases while belittling Scully constantly :D

Update:

Season 11 is set to premiere on January 3, 2018.

I'll let you guys know if they use any of my ideas on this new series.

<Kpop775>

Come on come on come on!!!!
tenor.gif

"It will be interesting to see whether the addition of new female writers and directors in the second half of the season — a response to criticisms of the show’s mostly male, mostly white core group — shakes things up. The familiar pleasures of “The X-Files” aren’t negligible, but a few surprises would help"

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/02/arts/television/the-x-files-in-a-familiar-groove-review.html

This is the type of stuff NY Times writes about now

Looks like I have to DROP x-files

"It will be interesting to see whether the addition of new female writers and directors in the second half of the season — a response to criticisms of the show’s mostly male, mostly white core group — shakes things up. The familiar pleasures of “The X-Files” aren’t negligible, but a few surprises would help"

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/02/arts/television/the-x-files-in-a-familiar-groove-review.html

This is the type of stuff NY Times writes about now

Looks like I have to DROP x-files

Probably the better response is to start terrorizing all females. And if they don't respond accordingly, murder them.

After all, absent outside forces, in 99% of cases a female can't help but accept death in the face of absolute male aggression.

Back