The Young Turks Praise/Promote Antifa

Hollywood Jack

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score

Pretty disgusting propaganda video, if you ask me. I hate the far right and I'm glad that Unite The Right 2: Electric Boogaloo failed hard, but praising political violence like Antifa is highly irresponsible. The ethics of "punch a Nazi" are questionable to begin with. When you factor in what they count as a "Nazi" and that they've also attacked Bernie supporters and left-wing reporters as well as people across the political spectrum who are NOT Nazis, it become apparent how abhorrent they are.

Yet, The Young Turks, which is considered to be a respectable and legitimate organization on the left, is praising these thugs. I think they need to be held to a higher standard. You wouldn't see Ben Shapiro or somebody on the mainstream right praise/promote neo-Nazis, and if they did, people would come for them HARD, so I don't think TYT should be allowed to praise/promote Antifa without backlash from reasonable people on the right, the center and even the left.

Hmm. I don't think that's true.
Well, they get people like Bernie Sanders and Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez to do interviews with them, they have Justice Democrats and Wolf-PAC, Hollywood celebrities like Susan Sarandon, Rosario Dawson, Shailene Woodley, etc. They're an emerging force on the left. I think they should be more careful and responsible and not promote groups like Antifa.

It's official, The Young Turks support a terrorist organization.

Hmm. I don't think that's true.
I think they are. Or right on the acceptable edge at least for the mainstream.

Anyhoo, you have CNNs Chris coumo comparing antifa to the men who stormed the beaches at Normandy, which is 100% mainstream praise for the violence of Antifa. And that boils down to 100% support for violence from the mainstream, unless he is denounced by mainstream outlets, which he won't be.

If you only count the so-called alt-right attendees, then Unite the Right 2: Electric Boogaloo had roughly 24 people attend. The media gives this minuscule group far more attention than they deserve. The lefties caused the only problems. They harassed and attacked reporters and police officers and fought with each other. There would have been zero problems had the lefty idiots stayed home and the media simply ignored this event.

I will be contacting their sponsors and politicking sherdog to get these fake news peddling violence inciting genocide denying scumbags off the air.

Well, they get people like Bernie Sanders and Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez to do interviews with them, they have Justice Democrats and Wolf-PAC, Hollywood celebrities like Susan Sarandon, Rosario Dawson, Shailene Woodley, etc. They're an emerging force on the left. I think they should be more careful and responsible and not promote groups like Antifa.

Seriously? That's who you think speaks for "the left"?

Anyway, if you amend to "some fringe leftists see fit to talk to them," I'll grant it.

Yeah I'm getting sick of the establishment far left. It's gross.

If I was the Young Turks, I'd not support Antifa. They are a terrorist organization like was said above. At minimum they've cost American's millions with their vandalism, riots and attacks on innocent people and innocent law enforcement.

Seriously? That's who you think speaks for "the left"?

Anyway, if you amend to "some fringe leftists see fit to talk to them," I'll grant it.
They're an emerging voice on the left. I didn't say they speak for the left. I even like some of their affiliates like Kyle Kulinski who's against censorship and political violence. But too many people on the left are starting to support such things. I want to see the libertarian left win out...

They're an emerging voice on the left. I didn't say they speak for the left. I even like some of their affiliates like Kyle Kulinski who's against censorship and political violence. But too many people on the left are starting to support such things. I want to see the libertarian left win out...
It seems like they average 10k+ live viewers per show on YouTube. I might even be underselling that. There is nothing "emerging" about that. That is an enormous number

Extremist groups are cancers we need to destroy. Left and right before I hear my side etc.........Penis.

If US security agencies truly label Antifa a domestic terrorist group they should be stomped on hard, very hard indeed, whenever they show up and violence is perpetrated by their members. Stop pussy footing around with these idiots and knock their asses in the dirt. Start handing out real prison sentences and fines and break their fucking back as an organization.

Last edited:

Obviously the vast majority of the left is against political violence and censorship. You know that, right?

Are there any TYT fans here? Even...one? Say, since 2016. Before that they were a little more reasonable if I remember. They don't get love from WR Democrats or any Democrats I know, that's for sure.

Pretty disgusting propaganda video, if you ask me. I hate the far right and I'm glad that Unite The Right 2: Electric Boogaloo failed hard, but praising political violence like Antifa is highly irresponsible. The ethics of "punch a Nazi" are questionable to begin with. When you factor in what they count as a "Nazi" and that they've also attacked Bernie supporters and left-wing reporters as well as people across the political spectrum who are NOT Nazis, it become apparent how abhorrent they are.

Yet, The Young Turks, which is considered to be a respectable and legitimate organization on the left, is praising these thugs. I think they need to be held to a higher standard. You wouldn't see Ben Shapiro or somebody on the mainstream right praise/promote neo-Nazis, and if they did, people would come for them HARD, so I don't think TYT should be allowed to praise/promote Antifa without backlash from reasonable people on the right, the center and even the left.

I agree for the most part but the comparison between neonazis, who have a stated ideology that is absolutely fucked, and antifa, a loose group of protestors some of which get violent and have a slippery slope when it comes to IDing people as nazis, is a false equivalancy.

Are there any TYT fans here? Even...one? Say, since 2016. Before that they were a little more reasonable if I remember. They don't get love from WR Democrats or any Democrats I know, that's for sure.
I have never even watched one of their shows.

I'll watch their bits but I'll watch Shapiro and Crowder sometimes too

Back