The Young Turks Praise/Promote Antifa

If US security agencies truly label Antifa a domestic terrorist group they should be stomped on hard, very hard indeed, whenever they show up and violence is perpetrated by their members. Stop pussy footing around with this idiots and knock their asses in the dirt. Start handing out real prison sentences and fines and break their fucking back as an organization.
This needs to happen. But the cities are run by the left that they protest in. And it seems like most of the time, the cops are told to stand down and they don't get aggressive with these guys. That's why antifa keeps doing these riots and vandalizing the cities.

Except for this one instance where the cops got tough on protestors.

Been a long ass time for me, maybe 2015? Earlier? One of their people went on a podcast and I checked them out, didn't like them.
I actually don't regularly watch, or listen to anyone. I prefer to simply read the news from a variety of sources.

Of course, I watch cable news sometimes for entertainment and when something big is breaking. No one is immune to the allure of endless unnecessary punditry.

Well, they get people like Bernie Sanders and Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez to do interviews with them, they have Justice Democrats and Wolf-PAC, Hollywood celebrities like Susan Sarandon, Rosario Dawson, Shailene Woodley, etc. They're an emerging force on the left. I think they should be more careful and responsible and not promote groups like Antifa.

Yea, and Infowars got an interview with Trump while he was running for President. So I guess that means Alex Jones represents "the right".

Extremist groups are cancers we need to destroy. Left and right before I hear my side etc.........Penis.
I dont think I can agree with this. I gotta be consistent. Same as free speech. Once we start letting someone decide who/what hate speech is, or what is extremist, the noose will continue getting tighter and tighter until anything outside the current party line is "extremist"

If US security agencies truly label Antifa a domestic terrorist group they should be stomped on hard, very hard indeed, whenever they show up and violence is perpetrated by their members. Stop pussy footing around with these idiots and knock their asses in the dirt. Start handing out real prison sentences and fines and break their fucking back as an organization.
It's disgusting how Antifa members like Yvette Felarca were allowed to wreak havoc and faced little to no consequences. The mayor of Berkeley is an Antifa sympathizer. He ordered police to stand down while they went wild. She hasn't even lost her job - teaching impressionable children. Unbelievable!

Obviously the vast majority of the left is against political violence and censorship. You know that, right?
I would say so, but I don't like the way it's trending. The left is no longer liberal to a large extent. I've seen the change myself. More reasonable liberals and leftists seem to be a bit older on average and are often cowed by a vocal, and sometimes even violent, minority.

This needs to happen. But the cities are run by the left that they protest in. And it seems like most of the time, the cops are told to stand down and they don't get aggressive with these guys. That's why antifa keeps doing these riots and vandalizing the cities.

Except for this one instance where the cops got tough on protestors.

Personally, I think any Mayor or police Commissioner that has their police force stand down in the face of rioting and civil disturbance that results in property damage and physical violence should be open to civil suits as well as professional review by the State legislation.

Personally, I think any Mayor or police Commissioner that has their police force stand down in the face of rioting and civil disturbance that results in property damage and physical violence should be open to civil suits as well as professional review by the State legislation.
Yeah, I would think so. But these cities just let them do it for some reason. I think we know why.

Yea, and Infowars got an interview with Trump while he was running for President. So I guess that means Alex Jones represents "the right".
It's a troubling trend on the right as well. I loathe Alex Jones. I don't like the nationalist-populist wing of the Republican Party, nor the alt-right or the alt-light. I support libertarian-leaning people on the left and the right. And by libertarian, I don't mean the big-L Libertarian Party platform, but people across the political spectrum who are libertarian rather than authoritarian with respect to the role of the government and law enforcement and fostering a free and civil society.

Obviously the vast majority of the left is against political violence and censorship. You know that, right?

Do you make a distinction between "the left" and a "leftist"? If so, please define and contrast.

I hate TYT, but I wholeheartedly support Antifa and BLM. What now, TS?

Pretty disgusting propaganda video, if you ask me. I hate the far right and I'm glad that Unite The Right 2: Electric Boogaloo failed hard, but praising political violence like Antifa is highly irresponsible. The ethics of "punch a Nazi" are questionable to begin with. When you factor in what they count as a "Nazi" and that they've also attacked Bernie supporters and left-wing reporters as well as people across the political spectrum who are NOT Nazis, it become apparent how abhorrent they are.

Yet, The Young Turks, which is considered to be a respectable and legitimate organization on the left, is praising these thugs. I think they need to be held to a higher standard. You wouldn't see Ben Shapiro or somebody on the mainstream right praise/promote neo-Nazis, and if they did, people would come for them HARD, so I don't think TYT should be allowed to praise/promote Antifa without backlash from reasonable people on the right, the center and even the left.

Well this is how the Italian police deal with antifa...

Last edited:
Progressives are nothing more than Neo-Communists so this is no surprise that TYT would back them, they agree on the same agenda.

Wait for you to put on a black mask then bounce a tear gas round into your sack before you get a chance to set anything on fire or swing a bike lock?

Last edited:
I would say so, but I don't like the way it's trending. The left is no longer liberal to a large extent. I've seen the change myself. More reasonable liberals and leftists seem to be a bit older on average and are often cowed by a vocal, and sometimes even violent, minority.

Shelby Steele is absolutely correct when he says the essence of the left is the pursuit of innocence. They will go to extreme lengths to prove they are innocent of racism, homphobia, sexism and so on. As he says, white guilt is not about feeling bad for non-whites, it is all about aggressively proving one is not a racist. There is not better way to prove I am not a racist than condemning others as racist as if saying, "I am not one of those whites."

Shelby Steele:

White guilt is the terror of being seen as a racist, as a bigot that now pervades American life. All of our social policy, our culture, everything is touched by this anxiety in most of white America. Understandably given America's history that they are vulnerable, they have this vulnerability to being disarmed of moral authority.

The essence of American liberalism, I think is the - again, the pursuit of innocence. Innocence of specifically the ugly American past. And that is why, because I am free of that ugliness and innocent of it, that is why you should vote for me. That is why you should let me change this aspect of the university system. That is why you should let me do any number of other things, not because I have better ideas, that I am a better problem solver, but because I offer this identity of innocence, which is now the, I think, big political problem that we have not identified up to this point.

...Hillary Clinton and her deplorable statement, now famous, as a perfect example of saying, "These people are bigots and racists. I am innocent. You vote for me, you prove your innocence. I offer you an identity of innocence." Being liberal, being left is more an identity than anything else. This is the way I think of myself, as a decent civilized human being and those other people are contemptable, and so it works on a cultural level.

http://www.foxnews.com/transcript/2...le-on-race-relations-equality-in-america.html

mj-laughing.gif

has TYT ever reported something original? They seem to just parrot other news organizations. Lazy ass news organization.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back