The Zang/Joyce fight (child abuse) showed how special Wilder is

Naoya#1

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Wilder talks a lot of shit but he always delivers - be it as a hammer or a needle.

You could see that Joyce didnt want to be there and was scared as shit vs the china man with the watermalon head. I cant wait for the Zhang fight.

I remember when Lomachenko said that he has to work 2-3x as hard against bigger guys.

Modern HWs are trash but Wilder and Usyk are quality as fuck.

TS Wilder is still a big dude even though he comes in a lot lighter than his opponents. He's a natural heavyweight. Secondly, he has retarded power which allows him to erase bigger opponents. Your Lomachenko comparison doesn't compute as he's usually much smaller (not just lighter) than his opponents and doesn't have a big punch. His power is solid though. I agree that Wilder's special it's just that you did a terrible job illustrating it.

TS Wilder is still a big dude even though he comes in a lot lighter than his opponents. He's a natural heavyweight. Secondly, he has retarded power which allows him to erase bigger opponents. Your Lomachenko comparison doesn't compute as he's usually much smaller (not just lighter) than his opponents and doesn't have a big punch. His power is solid though. I agree that Wilder's special it's just that you did a terrible job illustrating it.

My man, Wilder is a big guy but its really no help that he got the """worst""" body type for a big guy and he doesnt really put the right training into it: Hes light, got chicken legs and is lean as fuck. On top of that he doesnt really do the right training for punchers like most modern punchers.

Yeah, my boy Loma is both lighter and smaller but he still got the more "perfect" body for a smaller fighter and got the skills. And decent power.

Wilder on the other hand - dont get me wrong, height and reach are good advantages but at the end of the day lbs is what matters most - got one of the worst body builds and the boxing skills of a high school wrestler. Wilder should not be such a power house ... thats some super hero movie type of bullshit.

The only thing that more impressive is Wilder warrior spirit. Pretty much every one of the active punchers would shit in their pants if you put them in Wilders shoes.

My man, Wilder is a big guy but its really no help that he got the """worst""" body type for a big guy and he doesnt really put the right training into it: Hes light, got chicken legs and is lean as fuck. On top of that he doesnt really do the right training for punchers like most modern punchers.

Yeah, my boy Loma is both lighter and smaller but he still got the more "perfect" body for a smaller fighter and got the skills. And decent power.

Wilder on the other hand - dont get me wrong, height and reach are good advantages but at the end of the day lbs is what matters most - got one of the worst body builds and the boxing skills of a high school wrestler. Wilder should not be such a power house ... thats some super hero movie type of bullshit.

The only thing that more impressive is Wilder warrior spirit. Pretty much every one of the active punchers would shit in their pants if you put them in Wilders shoes.
Wilder's body type is great for boxing. Dismiss the bro science theory he's perfectly built to punch. The lean & wiry types are who you have to worry about the most. We've had many that are dynamite punchers. Having longer levers (arms) means you have more leverage at your disposal.

Reactions: mon
Wilder's body type is great for boxing. Dismiss the bro science theory he's perfectly built to punch. The lean & wiry types are who you have to worry about the most. We've had many that are dynamite punchers. Having longer levers (arms) means you have more leverage at your disposal.

You can still become a great fighter, even with the worst body type. But Wilder is both a hammer and a needle and he got the worst body type for that aka absorbing and transfering the generated force. We arent talking about 10 lbs difference or small legs, more like 40-70 lbs difference and the thinnest chicken legs you have ever seen.

Long arms are a good thing but so are normal sized legs and the most important thing is your ass (lbs). My uncle has an IQ of 70-80 and he did his master in bigger infinities some years ago. Ya know what im trying to say? Both could have it much easier under normal circumstances.

I dont think we have ever seen seen someone like Wilder a la Forehead KO punches, punching through guards of big man and make them fly all over the ring, blocking punches and almost get knocked the fuck out. You may not realize how much powe you have to generate to do such things. No idea where he will rank in history but ima pretty sure hes the most unique puncher we have ever seen.

TL:DR Wilders power is overall and P4P more impressive and scarier (power wise) compared to any modern HW and hes doing that while being at a 40-70 lbs distvanage and chicken legs.

I don’t know what this thread is supposed to be?

Wilder is special and the only HW puncher whos really worth your time. He punches like a 400lbs man and got the toughness of a samoa rugby player.

I just did a terrible job ... I couldnt make Wilder shine ...

<2>forgive me Bronzebomber.

Back