Theories on the universe

JoeyJoeJoeJr

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
What are your theories on the universe? Naturally, a man wants to understand why and how he is here.

My main theory is that we are the byproduct of the universe but it was not made for us specifically.

Life evolves all over the universe, we are not special.

There is no god. The concept of a god is kind of ridiculous. A being that can create matter from nothing and build the entire universe. Not likely.

The universe does appear to have been designed from my perspective. Just looking at the properties of the universe it feels like it was designed. The way math, science, physics, evolution etc work.

I think the universe is a self contained pocket of mass and energy designed to expand and contract infinitely without ever losing energy. All energy is just converted to one form or another but is never created or destroyed. The universe expands and contracts for eternity.

When we die we cease to exist. The energy from our body is converted to another form and absorbed back into the universe. Our consciousness does not carry on after death. Our consciousness is a byproduct of how our brain operates. Without a brain consciousness ceases to exist. Our consciousness dies when we do.

Why are we here? The purpose of life, from my perspective, seems to be for highly advanced life to evolve. We know lifeforms evolve but why? To survive? Is that all?

I think its so that a race of highly intelligent beings will eventually evolve and discover math, science and build technology. Technological progress seems to be one of the goals.

Why would beings evolve to do that? What is the endgame?

1) the universe is created to enable advanced life to evolve
2) advanced life evolves
3) advanced life discovers math/science and builds technology
4)?????

We as humans are definitely not special.

If the Earth were to evaporate right now, the universe would not care, it would continue on as if nothing happened.

Chances are quite high we're not the only life in the universe anyways.

2) advanced life evolves
4)?????

She is my universe....

aubrey1.png

We as humans are definitely not special.

If the Earth were to evaporate right now, the universe would not care, it would continue on as if nothing happened.

Chances are quite high we're not the only life in the universe anyways.
Kardashev-Scale.jpg

There are no Type II Civilizations in our galaxy or we would have detected it by now. We could even detect a Type I within our quadrant of the galaxy (perhaps farther). But a Type 2 or 3 would definitely be detectable even with our primitive telescopes.

Kardashev-Scale.jpg

There are no Type II Civilizations in our galaxy or we would have detected it by now. We could even detect a Type I within our quadrant of the galaxy (perhaps farther). But a Type 2 or 3 would definitely be detectable even with our primitive telescopes.
I'm familiar with type I, II and III but wasn't aware there is a IV and V.

I'm still confident somewhere in the universe there is life besides on our shitty little planet.

All I know is that sherdoggers each have undiscovered superhuman powers deep inside and will one day save the universe

I'm familiar with type I, II and III but wasn't aware there is a IV and V.

I'm still confident somewhere in the universe there is life besides on our shitty little planet.
There is definitely life throughout our galaxy. To suggest otherwise is foolish. But ADVANCED INTELLIGENT LIFE is probably vanishingly rare. I don't even think humanity qualifies. But self improving AI will.

Complete accident.
One that happens all the time, given the likely number of habitable planets in the Milky Way alone.
There's no God, there's no afterlife. This is all we get, one go around.

Someday we'll be out there on new worlds, I've no doubt of it.

There is definitely life throughout our galaxy. To suggest otherwise is foolish. But ADVANCED INTELLIGENT LIFE is probably vanishingly rare. I don't even think humanity qualifies. But self improving AI will.
Yeah who knows about advanced intelligent life. Other life out there could be smarter, dumber or anything in between,

If you want a real mindfuck read up on the theoretical Boltzmann brains.

Kardashev-Scale.jpg

There could be a Type II on the opposite end of the galaxy right at this very moment and we just don’t know it yet because of the speed of light. Maybe in 70,000 years the light and transmissions from these civilizations will reach us. The question is will anyone be left alive here to detect them.

It's very likely that we will never know. All these theories are incomplete and idealizations. We're chasing the carrot and stick.

I think we are in a simulation gone horribly wrong. As for our ultimate goal as human beings, I really believe in the singularity. Man and machine will eventually merge into one, taking our final step on the evolutionary scale. As cyborgs we will then be able to conquer the universe.

What are your theories on the universe? Naturally, a man wants to understand why and how he is here.

My main theory is that we are the byproduct of the universe but it was not made for us specifically.

Life evolves all over the universe, we are not special.

There is no god. The concept of a god is kind of ridiculous. A being that can create matter from nothing and build the entire universe. Not likely.

The universe does appear to have been designed from my perspective. Just looking at the properties of the universe it feels like it was designed. The way math, science, physics, evolution etc work.

I think the universe is a self contained pocket of mass and energy designed to expand and contract infinitely without ever losing energy. All energy is just converted to one form or another but is never created or destroyed. The universe expands and contracts for eternity.

When we die we cease to exist. The energy from our body is converted to another form and absorbed back into the universe. Our consciousness does not carry on after death. Our consciousness is a byproduct of how our brain operates. Without a brain consciousness ceases to exist. Our consciousness dies when we do.

Why are we here? The purpose of life, from my perspective, seems to be for highly advanced life to evolve. We know lifeforms evolve but why? To survive? Is that all?

I think its so that a race of highly intelligent beings will eventually evolve and discover math, science and build technology. Technological progress seems to be one of the goals.

2) advanced life evolves
4)?????
who created the universe in your theory? - no troll, no flame. asking.

Back