There are still world records in athletics held by athletes who most likely used Turinabol.

Dream20

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
During the 1970-1980s drug testing wasn’t exactly at its peak.

A few of these records still stand today and some may never be broken.

If I have read up on it correctly East Germany have been exposed for systematically doping their athletes with Oral Turinabol.

If you are interested in the subject and how it relates to Jon Jones, I found this an interesting listen:

Claims there are world records held by athletes who used turinabol.
Doesnt list the records
I am disappoint

I don't believe you either.

The burden of proof is on you. I posted a list of fighters who where busted after they fought. The numbers show that they lost even more than they won. LOL

At least I have some of sort of support for my opinion, you have none for yours.

You can't use records for shot-put and javelin throwing and extrapolate them to MMA. In MMA you are going against another human being. In javelin, it is all up to you, because your competition is not allowed to try to stop you from making your throw. This makes a big difference.

Until I see this 20% stronger and faster athletes winning fights in a unprecedented ratio, I will hold on to my opinion, anabolic steroids don't work in MMA. LOL

So whats your point TS? We should just forget Jon's test and give him the title back?

Yeah like fastest sprint away from pregnant lady you hit with your car.

Love the list of possible athletes, really informative, would read again...

And again...

And again.

The burden of proof is on you. I posted a list of fighters who where busted after they fought. The numbers show that they lost even more than they won. LOL

At least I have some of sort of support for my opinion, you have none for yours.

You can't use records for shot-put and javelin throwing and extrapolate them to MMA. In MMA you are going against another human being. In javelin, it is all up to you, because your competition is not allowed to try to stop you from making your throw. This makes a big difference.

Until I see this 20% stronger and faster athletes winning fights in a unprecedented ratio, I will hold on to my opinion, anabolic steroids don't work in MMA. LOL
Your opinion may be the correct one but it still doesn't stop the fighters from using. Tell jon jones and Frank Mir that the steroids don't help and maybe they will stop using them.

You've cracked the Da Vinci code by discovering that PEDs don't help fighters because fighters are fighting each other and not, erm, the forces of gravity and physics. Because we suspend universal laws during fights. Not many people know that, so I'm thrilled that you do.

My only question is, why are you telling Sherdog? You should be on the phone explaining this to Dana White. He'd probably pay you a million dollars.

Again, for the millionth time, throwing a shot put or javelin is not the same as fighting.

In fighting, there is another trained athlete trying to stop you from doing whatever you trained for. In shot put, you are only competing against yourself.

HUUUUGE difference. Anabolic steroids DON'T work in MMA.
http://www.cagepotato.com/mma-steroid-busts-definitive-timeline/
You keep saying this as if repeating it makes it true.

What you have is a list of fighters that failed drug tests. What you don't have is a list of similar fighters who we know didn't use PEDs to compare them to. There's no control there. We don't know why they used PEDs, or where they would be without them. All we know is that several of them have losing records. Several others are current or former UFC, Strikeforce, or Pride champions.

Forrest Griffin
Dan Henderson
Brock Lesnar
Sean Sherk
Anderson Silva
Jon Jones
Frank Mir
Wanderlei Silva
Vitor Belfort
Ken Shamrock
Royce Gracie
Cris Cyborg
Kevin Randleman
Josh Barnett
Mirko Crocop
Alistair Overeem
Tim Sylvia

Have all used PEDs legally and/or illegally.

Last edited:
What an useles thread, TS should be banned the same time Jones will be.

Again, for the millionth time, throwing a shot put or javelin is not the same as fighting.

In fighting, there is another trained athlete trying to stop you from doing whatever you trained for. In shot put, you are only competing against yourself.

HUUUUGE difference. Anabolic steroids DON'T work in MMA.
http://www.cagepotato.com/mma-steroid-busts-definitive-timeline/
the steroid still have the same effect even after you stop using them....im surprised someone in the medical field like yourself doesn't know this

You keep saying this as if repeating it makes it true.

What you have is a list of fighters that failed drug tests. What you don't have is a list of similar fighters who we know didn't use PEDs to compare them to. There's no control there. We don't know why they used PEDs, or where they would be without them. All we know is that several of them have losing records. Several others are current or former UFC, Strikeforce, or Pride champions.

Forrest Griffin
Dan Henderson
Brock Lesnar
Sean Sherk
Anderson Silva
Jon Jones
Frank Mir
Wanderlei Silva
Vitor Belfort
Ken Shamrock
Royce Gracie
Cris Cyborg
Kevin Randleman
Josh Barnett
Mirko Crocop
Alistair Overeem
Tim Sylvia

Have all used PEDs legally and/or illegally.
So, all the guys who use but never achieve anything don't count. LOL

So, all the guys who use but never achieve anything don't count. LOL

Dude, you are extremely confused in the area of counterfactual thinking.

The metric of whether or not PEDs cause differences isn't whether or not you can take them and beat a particular fighter. It's whether or not you are improved from your own baseline.

Much like having lifts in your shoes *will* make you taller, but you still may be shorter than someone else's natural height. But you are taller compared to where you would be without lifts.

In fighting speed strength and cardio are very important factors. Anabolics with training will HELP with speed strength and cardio. It does not mean you are invincible you can still lose. Being stronger faster and better cardio increases your chance at winning.

Edit: this is so obvious I feel stupid for even having to post this.

the steroid still have the same effect even after you stop using them....im surprised someone in the medical field like yourself doesn't know this
Nothing has the same effect after you stop. Especially not steroids. Are they permanent changes, yes. However, that is not the same as "having the same effect even after you stop," and the data shows the long term effects of supra-physiologic levels of anabolic steroids is more bad than good.

Are they permanent changes, yes.
you could have saved your delicate little nurse fingers from writing out the rest of that pseudo bullshit by stopping right there

Fighters wouldn't keep taking them and risk getting caught if they didn't have desired effects that give them an edge /thread

Back