There is no "deserve" in the UFC; for those who don't understand that fact, you need to wake up.

We should not be arguing on behalf of the UFC selling out their integrity for mainstream appeal.

Conor may indeed fight Diaz...again.

Does Diaz "deserve" a marquee fight over let's say...the winner of Lee vs Ferg...of course not, but Conor is the "star", so he will get that fight if he wants it.

Ironically, I totally think that if Conor was set to fight the winner of Lee vs Ferg it would appeal to MORE real UFC fans rather than Conor vs Nate which would appeal more towards casual fans...

...if only the UFC didn't care so much about casual fans...but oh well.

The UFC is about ENTERTAINMENT first and foremost, so obviously normal pro sports rules do not apply.

Did Conor "deserve" to be in the same ring as Floyd...fuck no, but...enough people were fooled by the hype, and...that's the point.

Ratings are what really matters to the UFC brass, and to that end...actual deserving fighters are often left in the dust.

So...stop whining about fighter X not deserving to fight fighter Y: The UFC is more like the WWE than a pro sport.

I mean, in what other sport would they allow someone like Conor and Ronda before him to be the FACE of the organization...?!?

I wish the UFC was fair, but...it's not.

No fighter is forced to join, so...tough shit.

IIn7AXu.jpg

Wow TS is very passionate and long winded for someone who so completely, and embarrassingly, misses the point.

Does Diaz "deserve" a marquee fight over let's say...the winner of Lee vs Ferg...of course not, but Conor is the "star", so he will get that fight if he wants it.

Ironically, I totally think that if Conor was set to fight the winner of Lee vs Ferg it would appeal to MORE real UFC fans rather than Conor vs Nate which would appeal more towards casual fans...

The UFC is about ENTERTAINMENT first and foremost, so obviously normal pro sports rules do not apply.

Did Conor "deserve" to be in the same ring as Floyd...fuck no, but...enough people were fooled by the hype, and...that's the point.

Ratings are what really matters to the UFC brass, and to that end...actual deserving fighters are often left in the dust.

So...stop whining about fighter X not deserving to fight fighter Y: The UFC is more like the WWE than a pro sport.

I mean, in what other sport would they allow someone like Conor and Ronda before him to be the FACE of the organization...?!?

Whether or not deserve is non existent in the UFC, it doesn't mean I will ever change my stance on people should get shots when they earn them.

I think the match-up is the smartest one to make. Nate Diaz is not an easy fight for Conor; he could very well lose this one.

Ferb deserves the shot more but since he should have faced Khabib to truly prove that he has to win one more to remind us all.

The whole division has been a mess since Conor won the title and now that this Boxing shit is finally done with and we can get back to what really matters Conor just needs an opponent.

Might as well get this Trilogy out of the way and and make it for a title this time around; ups the stakes.

Wow TS is very passionate and long winded for someone who so completely, and embarrassingly, misses the point.

The point I'm trying to make is that I am certainly aware of the spectacle/entertainment aspect of the UFC.

...but that doesn't mean I have to like it.

That certainly should be the case in the UFC and it used to be. On occasion it happens but for the most part the loud, flamboyant contender will get the nod over a quiet more deserving one. Casual fans will never complain about it and thus the trend will continue. Its unfortunate for true fans of the sport but as long as the majority pays for these "money fights" it will never change.
Used to be when? There were examples in every era. The majority of title fights still make sense. They are earned. It's like it always was. It just has one guy who is bigger than anyone else has been. who is making the most of it.

Whether or not deserve is non existent in the UFC, it doesn't mean I will ever change my stance on people should get shots when they earn them.
It's always been this way. It will never be this pure meritocracy. It simply can't be. That doesn't exist.

Used to be when? There were examples in every era. The majority of title fights still make sense. They are earned. It's like it always was. It just has one guy who is bigger than anyone else has been. who is making the most of it.

This
Prize Fighting has always been this way
Now that there is bigger money in MMA/UFC, it will stick out more

This
Prize Fighting has always been this way
Now that there is bigger money in MMA/UFC, it will stick out more
People want to ignore that couture got hw title shot coming off a loss at lhw. Lesnar off one win. Title shot from tuf. It's always been merit, potential and interest.

People want to ignore that couture got hw title shot coming off a loss at lhw. Lesnar off one win. Title shot from tuf. It's always been merit, potential and interest.

Even before that
Look at Boxing in the 70's
Champs would fight #8 contenders to grab some money & pad records while waiting for another fighter to build up his record & become "next"
Meanwhile there were 6 other fighters more deserving.

I get frustration, but making like this is new is silly

There are more undeserved (from a rankings standpoint) now than ever. Bisping lobbied and received a defense against #13 Henderson. MW wasnt exactly starved for challengers at the time. Despite the plethora of contenders Conor is yet to defend a title. They just throw out interim titles to pacify people. GSP strolls into a division he's never fought in after years of inactivity and will get a title shot. Show me another era where this shit happened on a regular basis.

There are more undeserved (from a rankings standpoint) now than ever. Bisping lobbied and received a defense against #13 Henderson. MW wasnt exactly starved for challengers at the time. Despite the plethora of contenders Conor is yet to defend a title. They just throw out interim titles to pacify people. GSP strolls into a division he's never fought in after years of inactivity and will get a title shot. Show me another era where this shit happened on a regular basis.
Again couture, lutter, serra, lesnar all got title shots within a year or 2 of each other and there were many more. Shamrock fought Tito for title coming off a loss in pride. Hendo and gsp got pref treatment for who they are and what they've meant to the sport (and for hendo was a rematch as well). These are one offs. Conor can't be made to fight. No one can. So they work around that. They have to.

STFU, conor has 2 belts in the UFC no other fighter has done this.
ronda got WMMA into the sport and was beating everyone 1rd.
Stop ur whining like a bitch over anything that is popular or successful.

STFU, conor has 2 belts in the UFC no other fighter has done this.
ronda got WMMA into the sport and was beating everyone 1rd.
Stop ur whining like a bitch over anything that is popular or successful.

Oh yeah.

My bad.

His EPIC title defenses will forever remain unparalleled.

Again couture, lutter, serra, lesnar all got title shots within a year or 2 of each other and there were many more. Shamrock fought Tito for title coming off a loss in pride. Hendo and gsp got pref treatment for who they are and what they've meant to the sport (and for hendo was a rematch as well). These are one offs. Conor can't be made to fight. No one can. So they work around that. They have to.

This
some years will be more than others that proceed it, but none of this is new.

Some era's the biggest fight is between Champ & #1 contender so it kills two birds with one stone.
Some are not

You're correct. He can't. He's fighting. Not defending.

This
some years will be more than others that proceed it, but none of this is new.

Some era's the biggest fight is between Champ & #1 contender so it kills two birds with one stone.
Some are not

Perhaps. Altbough it certainly seems more flagrant now

Okay .. so if there's no deserving then the titles don't mean SHIT and Conor shouldn't parade himself around as the "champ champ" .

Oh yeah.

My bad.

His EPIC title defenses will forever remain unparalleled.
ya look at MM his epic defenses. thats the dumbest criticism ever. it just proves that there isnt much to complain about with conor.

Back