There is no "deserve" in the UFC; for those who don't understand that fact, you need to wake up.

ya look at MM his epic defenses. thats the dumbest criticism ever. it just proves that there isnt much to complain about with conor.

Conor just "fought" Floyd...

...in boxing.

...rather than fighting in the UFC.

Good for him in terms of $$$$$$

...but MANY an MMA fan are rather repulsed by that fucked spectacle cash-grab bullfuckingshit.

You're honestly right, and fighters like Kevin Lee get this. He knew beating Chiesa wasn't getting him a title shot, so he made up for it with his mouth and antics. If he beats Tony and Conor fights Nate instead of him I don't think Kevin Lee would be mad at all. He gets the game and would respond by making his name more known.

...but MANY an MMA fan are rather repulsed by that fucked spectacle cash-grab bullfuckingshit.

Sadly the "many" is a small minority.
It seems more on a place like Sherdog, but outside of this small/hardcore world, most want to see him fight Diaz, Floyd, GSP, etc.

Yep
I liked NFL, MLB better when a team that lost their division couldn't be champ (think about that stupidity), but having wild cards is somethings a majority likes.

The irony is that...if the UFC conducted themselves more seriously, that may actually help their bottom line (monetarily and in terms of popularity and respect) as opposed to the "Conor era" of nonsense.

The irony is that...if the UFC conducted themselves more seriously, that may actually help their bottom line (monetarily and in terms of popularity and respect) as opposed to the "Conor era" of nonsense.

IDK
Prize Fighting has a long history of success & its always been this way.
When fighters fight 2x a year, its tough to create anything close to what a league does.
The sports make-up is geared towards money fights
A fighter has less career fights than team sports play in a season

What makes sports entertaining is the concept of meritocracy that seems to be ignored in MMA these days.

Obviously in the NBA commissioner's perfect world, the Lakers would play the Knicks in the Finals every year, but that rarely happens.

The reason MMA isn't a truly mainstream sport yet is BECAUSE of decisions that compromise the competitive aspect of the sport, e.g. giving undeserved title shots, ignoring rankings and trying to set up "money fights."
Wrong. Would you call boxing a mainstream sport? Also deserved title shots that reflected rankings in the ufc were nearly the only title matchups made 5 years ago and there were no money fights. MMA is as big now as its ever been in terms of mainstream publicity, espn, fox etc

Deserve will have much more to do in the sport than the circus.

This WWE thing is just a small portion of time that has happened before and it will pass.

When it does, it will the hard core fans that keep the ship afloat, not the jump off casuals.

When the casuals jump off, it will be back to who deserves it most.

This whole Cloner thing will just be a weird bip, just like the TUF crowd, Brock crowd, Honda crowd, etc.

Floyd vs. Conor was a silly fight but at least everyone knew it was a silly fight and it wasn't pretending to be the two best fighters fighting for a real title.

Conor and the UFC are shitting all over the UFC belts making them worthless. That's why these fights suck. They could make them outside of the real contenders and champions but instead they destroy whatever legitimacy they tried to have up to this point.

I swear to god, why does every Conor hater type like a 10 year old foreign boy with an envious stance towards success in first-world countries?

Conor fans like to worship the ground he walks on and quote him all day. let's not pretend like they sound like mature adults.

Conor fans like to worship the ground he walks on and quote him all day. let's not pretend like they sound like mature adults.

Conor fans are the wisest people I've ever met. Very intelligent and rational, probably all work for NASA predicting shit that happens.

That's like saying because Shogun/Lil Nog 1 was great any fights proceeding it will be great too... *spoiler* the 2nd fight sucked

People want to see the perceived best fighters at the time fight. Nate Diaz isn't perceived as a top fighter atm so who is honestly going to want to watch a 3rd fight happen?

No, people want to see good and exciting fights, which this will be. Trust people would rather a third match with these two than a third with Wonderboy/Woodley.

Conor may indeed fight Diaz...again.

Does Diaz "deserve" a marquee fight over let's say...the winner of Lee vs Ferg...of course not, but Conor is the "star", so he will get that fight if he wants it.

Ironically, I totally think that if Conor was set to fight the winner of Lee vs Ferg it would appeal to MORE real UFC fans rather than Conor vs Nate which would appeal more towards casual fans...

...if only the UFC didn't care so much about casual fans...but oh well.

The UFC is about ENTERTAINMENT first and foremost, so obviously normal pro sports rules do not apply.

Did Conor "deserve" to be in the same ring as Floyd...fuck no, but...enough people were fooled by the hype, and...that's the point.

Ratings are what really matters to the UFC brass, and to that end...actual deserving fighters are often left in the dust.

So...stop whining about fighter X not deserving to fight fighter Y: The UFC is more like the WWE than a pro sport.

I mean, in what other sport would they allow someone like Conor and Ronda before him to be the FACE of the organization...?!?

I wish the UFC was fair, but...it's not.

No fighter is forced to join, so...tough shit.
There is no deserve in life, not just the UFC.

There is no 'deserve' in life other than life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness in my opinion.
You only deserve them if you won the genetic lottery and were born in a country with all 3.

You only deserve them if you won the genetic lottery and were born in a country with all 3.
I don't care to get into a debate of whether it's correct or incorrect but the founding fathers of the United States based the government and laws on the premise that these three things are "inalienable" rights NOT given by government but endowed by God, Himself and that any government that attempts to infringe upon this is an unjust government. This is an extremely critical distinction that has to be made. The founding fathers were pretty smart and things seem to of worked out pretty good.

I don't care to get into a debate of whether it's correct or incorrect but the founding fathers of the United States based the government and laws on the premise that these three things are "inalienable" rights NOT given by government but endowed by God, Himself and that any government that attempts to infringe upon this is an unjust government. This is an extremely critical distinction that has to be made. The founding fathers were pretty smart and things seem to of worked out pretty good.

Sadly, the current neo-fascist atmosphere works in direct opposition to all of those things on a fundamental level.

I was meaning those who are born in countries like Syria and third worlds have no right to all 3. Only those who were lucky enough to win the genetic lottery and be born in a free-ish country.

Conor may indeed fight Diaz...again.

Does Diaz "deserve" a marquee fight over let's say...the winner of Lee vs Ferg...of course not, but Conor is the "star", so he will get that fight if he wants it.

Ironically, I totally think that if Conor was set to fight the winner of Lee vs Ferg it would appeal to MORE real UFC fans rather than Conor vs Nate which would appeal more towards casual fans...

...if only the UFC didn't care so much about casual fans...but oh well.

The UFC is about ENTERTAINMENT first and foremost, so obviously normal pro sports rules do not apply.

Did Conor "deserve" to be in the same ring as Floyd...fuck no, but...enough people were fooled by the hype, and...that's the point.

Ratings are what really matters to the UFC brass, and to that end...actual deserving fighters are often left in the dust.

So...stop whining about fighter X not deserving to fight fighter Y: The UFC is more like the WWE than a pro sport.

I mean, in what other sport would they allow someone like Conor and Ronda before him to be the FACE of the organization...?!?

I wish the UFC was fair, but...it's not.

No fighter is forced to join, so...tough shit.
giphy.gif

Back