There is no "deserve" in the UFC; for those who don't understand that fact, you need to wake up.

giphy.gif

Great fucking movie.

Why are the guys with the cutesy wutesy anime avatars the most cold, heartless jerks?

I was meaning those who are born in countries like Syria and third worlds have no right to all 3. Only those who were lucky enough to win the genetic lottery and be born in a free-ish country.
I don't mean this to sound harsh or critical because I acknowledge English may not be your first language, but you seem to have a misunderstanding as to the meaning of the words 'deserve' and 'rights' or at least, the highest form of 'rights' which is what I assumed we were discussing. The word 'deserve' means something you have a moral right to, based on some objective value, not on the dictates of any government. Your 'rights' are an extension of that. They are unassailable. Just because a government makes some law infringing on your rights does not mean those same rights cease to be. It only means your rights are being infringed upon. They are given to you by your Creator.

Last edited:
The nature of individual sports where they compete infrequently and are often compromised by injury makes a pure meritocracy impossible. And it's always been that way. Generally we see the cream rise to the top.

Yes and no.

Infrequent fights and injuries have an impact, without a doubt.

However, there are ways to mitigate the impacts of these things from occurring.

The current ufc, however, has jumped the shark.

That being said, given the reasonably expected career length of a ufc fighter, I can hardly blame Conor or others for wanting to capitalize on their popularity and get paid.

I would rather see a consistent theme of the best fighters fighting the best fighters in order to see who truly is the best, but given the world we live in and the ufc penchant for trying to cash in today, I don’t expect to see the best fight the best on a regular basis. If that were the case, I would order more than 2 ppvs per year.

Yes and no.

Infrequent fights and injuries have an impact, without a doubt.

However, there are ways to mitigate the impacts of these things from occurring.

The current ufc, however, has jumped the shark.

That being said, given the reasonably expected career length of a ufc fighter, I can hardly blame Conor or others for wanting to capitalize on their popularity and get paid.

I would rather see a consistent theme of the best fighters fighting the best fighters in order to see who truly is the best, but given the world we live in and the ufc penchant for trying to cash in today, I don’t expect to see the best fight the best on a regular basis. If that were the case, I would order more than 2 ppvs per year.
but the best generally do fight the best. the fact that conor is sitting out doesn't change the fact that if/when he does fight again, he'll be fighting a legitimate threat.

Back