there is no GOAT - big asterisk next to each candiate

canadian_mmafan

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
They've all eventually taken a beating. Or been exposed one way or another. Deal with it. Newer guys will come and probably be better till we hit a plateau of how much we can possibly improve.

The Fedor you describe doesn't lose period, and he has no post-prime. When he does take a beating, u people are forced to land on planet earth and explain.

There are greats of the sports, all or most of which will eventually take a good beating or be exposed.

GSP loss to Matt Serra can't happen to no GOAT. Same for Silva.

Which GOAT candidate has disillusioned you the most?

I don't begrudge fyodor or st pierre their poor performances; with respect to georges, he got caught: it can happen to anyone in this sport. The last emperor got old, flabby, and devolved into a one-dimensional head-hunter in a division where one punch can end the night more commonly than any other division.

At least neither one ever popped for peds multiple times (i.e. jean chodes and ander'roids silver).

GSP avenged all loses.

GSP is GOAT.

And I really don't like GSP that much.

GSP avenged all loses.

GSP is GOAT.
1*8_PIQeiRp4uWaLhrCZvudQ@2x.gif

You can't be the MMA GOAT and a perennial fuck up; Sorry, just the way it is.
Well you said all of them have an asterisk. So it only makes sense they cancel out and it goes back to who’s the goat without an asterisk and that’s

jon jones

We want unbeatable heroes but also want depth in the divisions. Hard to have both. I respect Fedor more for fighting guys he lost to that were top notch, then his streak of cans that mean nothing. The only thing you can do is avenge losses, GSP has done that.

Guess Ali was never that good since he lost to Frazer.
I don't agree with TS' point, but this is not a good counterargument. His whole case is that GSP lost to a mediocre fighter in Serra, not that he lost at all. Smokin' Joe is an all-time great.

Id say Serra and Werdum are pretty comparable to say, Max Schmeling.

You can debate which mma fighter was better, but you can’t compare Serra to Werdum, or the time frame in which they achieved their victories.

Serra was not on the level of Max Schmeling.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

If you want me to care you'll have to explain.

Is there some undefeated UFC champion who hasn't used PEDs that I'm not aware of?

Khabib in less than 3 weeks.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Back