There is rape, and then there is rape-rape!

Goddamnit. Dude.... why?
200.gif

Is it true that Whoopi cursed the judge off the show?

Ah the ever lasting fucked up relationship between celebrities and Polanski.

The comment is from 2009. I guess this other lady wanted some attention and easy points.
To be fair, a lot of past comments and incidents are being brought up these days. This shouldn't be any different. What, did her views on "rape-rape" evolve over time?

To be fair, a lot of past comments and incidents are being brought up these days. This shouldn't be any different. What, did her views on "rape-rape" evolve over time?
Not sure why we should be fair to people who bring up a decade-old comment for Twitter moral outrage attention. Seems better to take a shit on them and their pets.

No, it looks like her views didn't "evolve" on Polanski (she last commented in 2016 from what I can see). She still thinks it was a statutory rape situation and doesn't seem to acknowledge that drugging the girl for anal sex was rape-rape. Whoopi is an idiot.

Not sure why we should be fair to people who bring up a decade-old comment for Twitter moral outrage attention. Seems better to take a shit on them and their pets.

It's not about whether we should be fair to or not. It's the lay of the land now. Any comment made 5-10+ years ago can and will be used against someone, regardless of their political leanings. It's the social media age.

But yes, Whoopi is an idiot.

It's not about whether we should be fair to or not. It's the lay of the land now. Any comment made 5-10+ years ago can and will be used against someone, regardless of their political leanings. It's the social media age.
I understand, and I see no reason to be fair to that.

I understand, and I see no reason to be fair to that.
I agree. But I also think all new music sucks, and rock and roll should make a come back. Can't always get what we want. :(

Whoopie's not invited to my house. I mean ffs.

What's all that stuff about "can't tolerate a conservative woman"? It seems out of context. "Romain Polanski.... rape...." - okay I'm with you, these are things that go together - "... conservative women." You lost me.

I think Whoopi was operating in that old school mode where a woman has to come out of the ordeal with bruising and swelling around her face and throat and wrists or it wasn't "rape".

Ah the ever lasting fucked up relationship between celebrities and Polanski.

A lot of that attitude is a product of public statements made by the victim herself:

"I was not as traumatized as everybody thought I should have been,” Samantha Geimer, the victim in Roman Polanski's 40-year-old sex case, told reporters outside a Los Angeles courtroom Friday.

Geimer, whose surprise testimony in court was her first public legal appearance in the case, strongly defended Polanksi both inside the courtroom and before a large press gaggle outside.

Under fierce questioning by several dozen reporters, she steadfastly refused to claim that she had been damaged by Polanski, who was charged was raping her in 1977 when she was 13. Instead she said the legal system had abused both her and Polanski almost from the beginning of the case.

“I was a young and sexually active teenager,” Geimer told reporters, insisting that she had not been deeply scarred by her sex and drug encounter with Polanski. She said both she and her mother had suffered more harm from those who focused attention on her from the beginning.

Geimer said the Los Angeles DA’s office had been “hypocritical” in refusing to honor her request to close the case. “If I were standing here saying throw the book at him, just put him in jail for life, my opinion would count.”

There is consented to sexual acts that are defined as rape regardless of consent based on factors surrounding one of the parties; and then there is forcible rape committed against a person's will.

There ya go. Polanskis pass for being a hollyweird leftist is sick, btw.

A lot of that attitude is a product of public statements made by the victim herself:

"I was not as traumatized as everybody thought I should have been,” Samantha Geimer, the victim in Roman Polanski's 40-year-old sex case, told reporters outside a Los Angeles courtroom Friday.

Geimer, whose surprise testimony in court was her first public legal appearance in the case, strongly defended Polanksi both inside the courtroom and before a large press gaggle outside.

Under fierce questioning by several dozen reporters, she steadfastly refused to claim that she had been damaged by Polanski, who was charged was raping her in 1977 when she was 13. Instead she said the legal system had abused both her and Polanski almost from the beginning of the case.

“I was a young and sexually active teenager,” Geimer told reporters, insisting that she had not been deeply scarred by her sex and drug encounter with Polanski. She said both she and her mother had suffered more harm from those who focused attention on her from the beginning.

Geimer said the Los Angeles DA’s office had been “hypocritical” in refusing to honor her request to close the case. “If I were standing here saying throw the book at him, just put him in jail for life, my opinion would count.”
13 year olds are way below the age of consent.

Back