There's levels to this game

giphy.gif

How strange that a former champion obliterated a guy with a shit, fake record. I don't think this proves there are levels but that farcical matchmaking can grossly misrepresent someone's abilities

The spin kick actually landed on opponents leg, then slid up to the body.

That guy he fights against is an absolute bum I guess.

Koresh is no WW.

he never struggled to make weight.

Koreshkov Askren

fair point. but Koreshkov was just 22 back when and actually improved in his wrestling defence alot since 2013. it's not his kryptonite anymore. in 2018 i think he can finish Askren. not necessarily but he can.

How strange that a former champion obliterated a guy with a shit, fake record. I don't think this proves there are levels but that farcical matchmaking can grossly misrepresent someone's abilities

well that's exactly what i meant by levels. it's almost offensive to ask your n1 contender to fight Bakocevices of the world instead of real competition.
same thing happend to Valentin Moldavsky at Bellator 202.

Last edited:
I wish Bellator would actually sign good fighters that are actually proven and have a bit of name power so that some of their guys that we have questions about would actually get the chance to pass some worthwhile tests instead of smashing guys who are so clearly not on their level. For instance, why the hell would Bellator not go after guys like Shields, Okami, Palhares, or Fitch when they had the opportunity? They'll spend boatloads on a guy who's relatively worthless like Mittrione but they won't bring in guys like those I mentioned that would actually give a real test to their fighters. While the fighters I mentioned may be long in the tooth, they are long standing veterans and a guy like Shields has claim to be one of the top 5 best WW's ever without a doubt. He's beaten tough guys and if someone like Koreshkov could get passed him it would say a lot. Any of those guys would test his wrestling and it would be a huge notch in his belt to get passed not just a "name" but a legitimate highly capable fighter. Koreshkov deserves the chance!

why the hell would Bellator not go after guys like Shields, Okami, Palhares, or Fitch when they had the opportunity?

They signed Fitch he just beat Daley. Shields just got wrecked by a journeyman in PFL. Palhares has obvious problems with dirty fighting and injuring opponents intentionally.

Bellators WW division is actually pretty stacked right now

What suprises me is that there where actually people on this board who thought Vaso stood a chance against Koreshkov.

Vaso is a decent competitor for the regional scene. he has a somewhat decent record but Koreshkov at this point is a elite WW who imo on his best day can beat every WW out there. I pick him as the favorite to win this upcoming GP and it wouldnt suprise me if he gets his belt back.

Also people will always bring up the Askren fight but that is a long time ago and Koreshkov improved his wrestling tremendously since that fight.

what is fake about Vaso's journeyman record of 33-18? lol

I wish Bellator would actually sign good fighters that are actually proven and have a bit of name power so that some of their guys that we have questions about would actually get the chance to pass some worthwhile tests instead of smashing guys who are so clearly not on their level. For instance, why the hell would Bellator not go after guys like Shields, Okami, Palhares, or Fitch when they had the opportunity? They'll spend boatloads on a guy who's relatively worthless like Mittrione but they won't bring in guys like those I mentioned that would actually give a real test to their fighters. While the fighters I mentioned may be long in the tooth, they are long standing veterans and a guy like Shields has claim to be one of the top 5 best WW's ever without a doubt. He's beaten tough guys and if someone like Koreshkov could get passed him it would say a lot. Any of those guys would test his wrestling and it would be a huge notch in his belt to get passed not just a "name" but a legitimate highly capable fighter. Koreshkov deserves the chance!
Whats with the Mitrione hate? He's a good, exciting fighter, not 'relatively worthless' at all.
Fitch, Shields, Okami are probably better fighters but when they win they can really kill a crowd and turn away potential fans.

I'm actually very critical of Bellator signing Fitch for exactly that reason, especially after probably the most shameless example of lay and pray I can recall in that Paul Daley fight. Now imagine he does that to one of Bellators up and comers, crowd is bored, some fans are turned away, the up and comer potentially never recovers or is never taken seriously by the hardcore fans.

Shields is pretty much done and Palhares is a dirty fighter who is also coming of some loses in the Russian scenario. Okami is boring and has been signed by UFC.

I would rather have Meathead back in UFC than these irrelevant boring guys you mentioned..

Apparently you don't pay attention much lol.

Bellator has signed alot of good talent and mitrione is a top 10-15 HW in the world lmfao,,,,,not like he is in the semi finals of the HW GP or anything right?gtfo

Btw bellator did sign Fitch ......

Shields is shot and PFL gives him the best opportunity to make money it's better for him.

Koreshkov wanted to stay busy before the WW GP they have him a regional guy I'm ok with that it's just a tune up before the GP.

This can crushing needs to stop
It was a Journeyman LW fighting a top WW

Back