International Theresa May faces vote of confidence on her leadership

No one can avoid a stab in the back, sometimes dogs are disloyal, even if you're a good judge of character.

But BJ isn't PM material, you're quite right.

Bojo is a charlatan and a liar and ought to be treated as such.

There's a reason you are not in charge of anything remotely complex with ideas so devoid of substance.

So, to he clear, you think the EU has the power to just shut off your food supply. And there's no other country on Earth that could possibly stand up to them?

I'll just keep asking while you duck the question.

So, to he clear, you think the EU has the power to just shut off your food supply. And there's no other country on Earth that could possibly stand up to them?

I'll just keep asking while you duck the question.

I never suggested anything close to that so you seem to be having a hard time following the discussion... so go back and read through what I wrote.

I tend to view all of them that way.

There are honest politicians and those that spin the truth. Then there are the brexiteers who are outright lying to voters without actually having any solutions, to personally enrich themselves.

I never suggested anything close to that so you seem to be having a hard time following the discussion... so go back and read through what I wrote.

There is nothing the EU can do to the UK that the UKs allies can't protect them from.

I read through all your posts ITT. You haven't offered ONE concrete example of something the EU can realistically do to the UK; just vaugeries and fear mongering.

The EU doesn't have the power to enforce their will over the UK. The EU is the definiton of a paper tiger.

Last edited:
There is nothing the EU can do to the UK that the UKs allies can't protect them from.

I read through all your posts ITT. You haven't offered ONE concrete example of something the EU can realistically do to the UK; just vaugeries and fear mongering.

The EU doesn't have the power to enforce their will over the UK. The EU is the definiton of a paper tiger.

We are removing ourself from an arrangement, brexit is not anything that is being done to us.

Oh no! A new, massive and captive market for US and Canadian goods and materials! That would be awful!
How would it be a new and massive market for the US? We already trade with them. And they're not a massive market. They're a top 10 country but they're barely bigger than France. The EU is a massive market, the UK is not.

Also, our trade with them would require a new trade deal that would absolutely not be beneficial to them. From the U.S. side of things - great. From the UK side of things, not great. Which is why I said anyone who cares about the UK knows this would be insane. If you don't care about the UK then sure, no-deal Brexit could work out very well for the US economically given the trade concessions they would have to make to trade with us and the lack of competitive leverage.

1. EU is not some evil empire you make it out to be - your comparisons are hilarious and misguided

2. EU isnt only about economy

3. I wont punch myself in the balls, but its nice to see that whole of Britain collectively punched themselves with this shitshow of an exit

reap what you sow - you only have yourselves to blame for this mess.

and we'll see if there are more important things than economy once your economy goes down the drain (trying to compete on the global market as a single entity with decreased foreign investments and no EU support) - once you have no money (or less of it) for things like universal healthcare, public infrastructure and other things

Leave means leave.

Good! I hope universal healthcare does go. Private healthcare is much better than that shite!

There are honest politicians and those that spin the truth. Then there are the brexiteers who are outright lying to voters without actually having any solutions, to personally enrich themselves.
Politicians throughout history have bent the truth for political gain, not just "brexiteers" that's a silly statement.

Politicians throughout history have bent the truth for political gain, not just "brexiteers" that's a silly statement.

I'm suggesting there are levels of dishonesty. Trump and prominent brexiteers are about as deceitful as they come.

How would it be a new and massive market for the US? We already trade with them. And they're not a massive market. They're a top 10 country but they're barely bigger than France. The EU is a massive market, the UK is not.

Also, our trade with them would require a new trade deal that would absolutely not be beneficial to them. From the U.S. side of things - great. From the UK side of things, not great. Which is why I said anyone who cares about the UK knows this would be insane. If you don't care about the UK then sure, no-deal Brexit could work out very well for the US economically given the trade concessions they would have to make to trade with us and the lack of competitive leverage.

Well presumably if they're cut off from European markets (which they wouldn't really be, member states would still trade with them deslite wwhat the EU said) that would be opening up new markets in the UK that are currently satisfied by EU countries.

My main point is the EU doesn't have the power to starve the UK.

Will a hard Brexit be comfortable right away? No. There will be an adjustment. But the fear mongering that the UKs allies will just stand by while the EU starves them to death is absurd.

We will take care of the UK if need be. They are one of our closest allies. The EU wuthout the UK would he even weaker than it already is.

The EU was originally formed to create a bloc that could compete with the US and China on the world stage.

It's turned into the German Empire, while various member states have been bankrupted (which most smart people predicted was going to happen.)

It's time for the EU to slink away into history the same way Germany's last two efforts to take over Europe did.

Wow you started off real confident for a guy who turned out to have nothing to say.

I was simply correcting the idea that somehow the negative effects are some form of aggression and blackmail when it's clearly something that the UK has done to itself.

If you decide to move out a shared house and have nowhere to live your former housemates are not making you homeless by refusing to let you back in.

Well presumably if they're cut off from European markets (which they wouldn't really be, member states would still trade with them deslite wwhat the EU said) that would be opening up new markets in the UK that are currently satisfied by EU countries.

My main point is the EU doesn't have the power to starve the UK.

Will a hard Brexit be comfortable right away? No. There will be an adjustment. But the fear mongering that the UKs allies will just stand by while the EU starves them to death is absurd.

We will take care of the UK if need be. They are one of our closest allies. The EU wuthout the UK would he even weaker than it already is.

The EU was originally formed to create a bloc that could compete with the US and China on the world stage.

It's turned into the German Empire, while various member states have been bankrupted (which most smart people predicted was going to happen.)

It's time for the EU to slink away into history the same way Germany's last two efforts to take over Europe did.

Member states of the EU would not still trade with UK despite what the EU says. That's the entire point of being in the EU, the EU negotiates the trade deals as a group. They all prosper by leveraging their group strengths. No one is going to blow that up and risk their economy just to trade with one nation when the EU will eventually negotiate more favorable trade deal on their collective behalf.

No one said the EU could starve the UK. The UK can still trade with nations, can still negotiate with non-EU nations. But it will crush their economy. They will pay more for everything, they will give up more to access foreign markets.

As for the UK's allies standing by while the EU starves them to death...the EU are their allies. Other than us and Canada who are all the way on the other side of the world, the UK don't have anyone except the EU. And, no, we won't take care of them. Trump already offered them a fuck you deal because he knows that they have no leverage asking them to give up their personal standards on things to get access to our stuff.

I don't think people understand the economic issues in play here. LEt me use a different type of example. Why do economic sanctions work? Every country that's sanctioned can trade with countries willing to bend the rules, can trade with countries who aren't part of the sanctioning body, have their own internal economies. Yet sanctions still cripple those nations. Why? It's because the modern economy is global. A massive disruption in the flow of capital or resources, even for just a few years, halts production and drives up the costs for everything while simultaneously limiting what is available. Only so many countries produce quality steel. Only so many have enough grain. Only so many places have good reliable banking laws. Only so many will ship you oil, soybeans, wood, etc. And other nations are competing for access to those same resources.

So, no, no one can starve the UK off of a no-deal Brexit. But it will be extraordinarily unpleasant and they will not bounce back for a decade or more.

There's a reason you are not in charge of anything remotely complex with ideas so devoid of substance.

He’s the same dingbat (@Yorkist) that said a few posts ago “liberals willl always do what’s easy rather than what’s right.”

Then he says who cares “America will help us and won’t let us starve”

This type of stupidity is hard to come by

Seriously though, you limey twits understand if the krauts in the EU give you shit, the USA and Canada will come sort them out for you again, right?

Like we're gonna let England starve because Germany said so. Germany can suck a dick. For the third time.

America first. You think we are going to invade the EU because they didnt make a good trade deal with the UK?

Back