These old school NES games are hard!!!!

a good video game makes you hate it and never want to play it again.

same goes for women.
Ha no argument there. my favorite genre is rogue likes. Bioshock is great though. Id say give it a shot just bump the difficulty to hard and turn off respawns

Have you beaten Nethack? I've played on and off for fifteen years and I just get owned everytime.
Haven't tried it. I got into them a few years ago on Steam, when I saw there were so many on there. I have Sword of the stars: the pit, Dungeon of the Endless, Darkest Dungeon, and FTL.

I've beaten all of them except Sword of the stars.I keep dying within the last 3 floors

<mma1>

I've beaten all of them except Sword of the stars.
You sound pretty hardcore. I'm sure you'd enjoy Nethack. It's the big sport, playboi.

Need an original Metroid.

Or not. That game is an indecipherable maze of confusion. Get your nostalgia kick with "Super Metroid". It's far better, and you don't need a step by step walkthrough to get anywhere in it.

You sound pretty hardcore. I'm sure you'd enjoy Nethack. It's the big sport, playboi.
Yeah I'm relatively new to the genre so I don't know if I'm playing the easier ones or not. I'm getting better at them though. I like the feeling of any one mistake being game over.

I like challenge. The NES games I hate are ones that require pattern recognition or cheap programming.

I love Ninja Gaiden but the respawing enemies are cheap. It doesn't make the game fun, it makes it unfair and forces you to glitch them out in the later levels.

Probably the worst by far is Battletoads. You basically have to know what's going to happen before it happens after the first couple of stages. That's just not fun to be dying over and over until you learn what to avoid. It's different if you are playing a game like Super Meat Boy where you die and keep respawning until you get it right. You die in Battletoads, you lose your lives and you have to start the entire game over again. Rage inducing.

MK1 had much better gameplay on the Genesis while the SNES version suffered from input lag and horrible game mechanics. MK2 on SNES had much better gameplay than MK1. UMK3 sucked on both consoles.

SF2 played the same on both.

Pit-Fighter on Genesis was a good port of the arcade version while the SNES port was one of the worst games on the console.

Top Gear 2 was far superior on the SNES is just about everything IIRC.

Wrestlemania The Arcade Game on the Genesis had all 8 wrestlers and didn't have as much slowdown with 4 wrestlers in the ring. The SNES version was missing Bam Bam Bigelow and Yokuzuna and could only handle 3 wrestlers in the ring at a time (with horrible slowdown).

TMNT Tournament Fighters was better in all areas on the SNES. The Genesis version was a mess.

I'm really nostalgic for that. It was awesome getting to play 2 different versions of the game. The first big one being Mortal Kombat. The graphics and sound were better on the SNES, the gameplay on the Genesis. With Street Fighter 2, everything was better on the SNES but you still had to buy or rent the Genesis version to play the bosses. Plus, I loved hearing the musical differences. SF2's music on the Genesis sounded closer to the arcade since they had a similar sound chip but the SNES one sounded more orchestral and had better voices.

When it comes down to it, the Genesis was made to compete with the NES, not the SNES which is something we didn't really grasp growing up with it. For the Genesis to hold its own with a system that came out almost 2 years later is pretty damn impressive. The biggest issue it had was its low color palette and limited (but still awesome) sound chip. It still had a much faster CPU than the SNES which is why a lot of sports games and games with fast movement were superior and possible on the Genesis.

Today, you get a multi-plat game on PC/Xbox/PS4 and it's virtually identical. On the Genesis/SNES, you got completely different experiences and usually, both were worth trying. I miss that.

I tried to play mega man and contra again on it the other day.

I don’t remember that shit being that hard!!

Need an original Metroid.

I don't think I've ever finished Contra now that I think about it.
After I (hopefully) beat DKC that will be next on my list...

How da fuck can anyone beat Castlevania II without a cheat guide? Some of the shit you had to do to reach certain areas were like... WHA?!...
I was playing Megaman 2 on my laptop (I bought megaman 2 three times back in the day so im technically not pirating it) and some person on the flight was watching me and tried to strike up a conversation by saying "you like games, you ever play call of duty?"

i stared at them for 5 seconds then killed Metal Man

I love Ninja Gaiden but the respawing enemies are cheap. It doesn't make the game fun, it makes it unfair and forces you to glitch them out in the later levels.
Try beating it without using the sword (except for boss fights)

:eek:

Back