Things are getting awkward at my gym

Whitebelt Teammates should probably fight to get the experience (maybe even blues). Purples and up should just close out or go light.

Making that reference inspired me to go back and re-read all of his threads (I was just a lurker at the time, sadly). They are legit comedy gold, the guys word play is just phenomenal, and he commits to the bit 100%. It's quality stuff and kind of bitter sweet in a way, his talent is kind of wasted on such a small niche community. He deserves a much larger audience
I couldn't agree more. It almost makes me think he's probably a writer in some capacity. By the way, how many accounts has he had over the years? Four or five at least, right?

I couldn't agree more. It almost makes me think he's probably a writer in some capacity. By the way, how many accounts has he had over the years? Four or five at least, right?
Legit erotic/sex novelist for sure. Something simple as training ends up going down that path:
-Pulling off BJJ moves while love making with the wife
-threeway with his BJJ instructor
-massage parlor chick
+others

Lose the egos people. Some of you have alot to learn. I hope you dont hurt your traing partners.

Quick update. There were 9 people in our bracket and I ended up having 2 of my training partners (1 didn't make weight for his division so they bumped him up) in my division but I never actually faced off with them. I won two matches and lost two. The two I lost were against the same guy (a leg lock guy) and I got tapped twice by ankle lock. After the second match leg lock guy told me thats all he does, he said all he studies is Tonon and Gordon ryans stuff lol. I guess I need to get on that leg lock game (I been limping for the past 2 days). My training partner won the gold real happy for him that guy is an animal and the crazy thing is he has been a boxer all his life so he has the striking to match his grappling skills. I was disappointed I didn't medal but those two matches I won were pretty nice proud of my preformance. I'm going to see if I can upload a vid later

Good show. Sometimes we create our own problems. Leg locks are a thing now man. If you are going to compete you need to spend time learning that. I personally don't like it but it's the game

Who cares its not a big deal. If he sits out just to watch you hes wasting his own time. Its just a tournament

Good show. Sometimes we create our own problems. Leg locks are a thing now man. If you are going to compete you need to spend time learning that. I personally don't like it but it's the game

Yes sir. I need to get on those leg locks. I plan on immersing myself in it, no use dabbling in it just for defence purposes. Might as well go all in is my motto.

Well wrestlers have done this there whole life. I have been wrestling teammates since I was like 7 years old so I didn't think it was too uncomfortable. But I can see how it could be for some people.
To be fair, we've always established that a majority of the time that a wrestle off, challenge match, or trials process sets the hierarchy rather than belts. And that in college and beyond, tournament and head to head results can determine starting spots

Making that reference inspired me to go back and re-read all of his threads (I was just a lurker at the time, sadly). They are legit comedy gold, the guys word play is just phenomenal, and he commits to the bit 100%. It's quality stuff and kind of bitter sweet in a way, his talent is kind of wasted on such a small niche community. He deserves a much larger audience

Link/s please. Pretty please.

I'll be here with TV's Frank, waiting.

at a local tournament
One of you should just switch to another weight catagory.

All of you saying that OP needs to be mentally tough and fight his teammate is rubbish.
The reason why people go out and compete is to challenge themselves against unknown opponents.
Also if you both want to get a gold medal, its not going to happen with both of you being in the same weightclass.

In my opinion, one of you should just man up and go up to the next weight class.

Now if you dont expect to win gold because you havent been training all that long, and there are plenty of people competing in your catagory, AND the competititon usually puts people of the same team in opposite brackets. Then its fine.

Hahaha. I guess competing against training partners is a common thing at your level. If you don't mind sharing can you tell us how that went for you? Thanks
I tapped them all

all good man, whoever loses the match is just gonna develop a mental block vs the other guy for the rest of your training days, no biggie, good luck

Back