Things that are better than Steak

good steak is awesome but most of the steaks you will get are trash for a variety of reasons. Poor marbling, not aged, over marinaded, over seasoned, connective tissue not removed properly, not cooked right, etc. I think one's best bet most of the time is to either make up a decent steak in a pan and do a pan sauce along the lines of steak au poivre or just only get it at good steakhouses.
I will go through every steak at the grocer to find the one with the best marbling.

A Fully ripened hass avocado... eat with a spoon and salt shaker.

Pizza
Cheeseburgers
ribs
yogurt
cheese
sandwiches
Fried Chicken
Pasta
Sushi

I've always thought steak was the most overrated food. I like it, but I don't see the big deal. I've had some nice cuts and even dropped some cash at a few fancy restaurants and I guess I just have white trash taste buds because I would take a burger over a steak any day.

I also hate how people get all snobby if somebody wants a well done steak and think that eating raw meat some how makes you cool. I like my steak medium, raw meat (besides fish) wierds me out. I could give a shit less if somebody wants burn their steak or eat it raw and put ketchup on it.
It's spelt yoghurt you queer

I’ve literally never had steak in my life. Sorry, I only just realized this lol. Had to share.

But lol at yogurt. God I fucking hate yogurt o:<

King Crab legs

I was gonna say crab. Also swordfish steals steak's lunch money and makes it so it's homework.

I gradually became a pescatarian over the last two years. When I decided to stop eating meat altogether I thought I'd crave a prime rib. Now when I smell meat cooking it actually turns my stomach a bit.

Oh, feta cheese is from heaven. Better than anything.

Fuck all y'all.

I prefer the animals to be alive and in one piece walking around happy and content.

How is it a meat thread? Read the title. I could have said sex and it would have been a legitimate answer. Just admit you had it in for me from a previous thread. Again you have issues mate. I feel bad for you. Maybe get laid?

This is a meat thread son, go post about rabbit food on the vegan thread. If you got a delicious meat or fish fave that compares to steak I'm all ears

Pizza
Cheeseburgers
ribs
yogurt
cheese
sandwiches
Fried Chicken
Pasta
Sushi

I've always thought steak was the most overrated food. I like it, but I don't see the big deal. I've had some nice cuts and even dropped some cash at a few fancy restaurants and I guess I just have white trash taste buds because I would take a burger over a steak any day.

I also hate how people get all snobby if somebody wants a well done steak and think that eating raw meat some how makes you cool. I like my steak medium, raw meat (besides fish) wierds me out. I could give a shit less if somebody wants burn their steak or eat it raw and put ketchup on it.
White people like Steak.
They also like Chik-Fila or whatever it is.

Damn apex predators killing animals for sustenance. Why don't they just eat grass?

Apex predator. You gotta be kidding me, is that how you think of yourself? Who eats grass?

I can tell by your posts you are no older than 14.

Apex predator. You gotta be kidding me, is that how you think of yourself? Who eats grass?

I can tell by your posts you are no older than 14.
I'm talking about any apex predators in general, life feeds on life. Vegans need to get off their high horse and stop looking at it like it's a morality issue

Damn apex predators killing animals for sustenance. Why don't they just eat grass?

giphy.gif

I'm talking about any apex predators in general, life feeds on life. Vegans need to get off their high horse and stop looking at it like it's a morality issue
How is it not a morality issue? People no longer eat to survive, they eat for taste. You can live perfectly happy as a vegan and cause minimal damage to wildlife. I don't blame some humans for eating meat because they're truly in a situation where they need what is around them but you aren't in their situation. You're living comfortably in a 1st world country where you're prioritizing taste buds more than anything else. You make the argument that we are apex predators because we rule this planet. Why does being on top give us the right to destroy whatever is in front of us? We have 7.5 billion people on a planet that has finite resources. Animal agriculture takes up a lot of land and that land could be used to grow more food for starving humans rather than cows. Maybe a long time ago it wasn't a morality issue but things have changed. And lol at life feeds on life. Yeah becAuse factory farming is so natural

Steaks are always overpriced at fancy restaurants.

That said, one of the easiest and tastiest things to make at home is a steak

How is it not a morality issue? People no longer eat to survive, they eat for taste. You can live perfectly happy as a vegan and cause minimal damage to wildlife. I don't blame some humans for eating meat because they're truly in a situation where they need what is around them but you aren't in their situation. You're living comfortably in a 1st world country where you're prioritizing taste buds more than anything else. You make the argument that we are apex predators because we rule this planet. Why does being on top give us the right to destroy whatever is in front of us? We have 7.5 billion people on a planet that has finite resources. Animal agriculture takes up a lot of land and that land could be used to grow more food for starving humans rather than cows. Maybe a long time ago it wasn't a morality issue but things have changed. And lol at life feeds on life. Yeah becAuse factory farming is so natural

There's plenty of places where one can go and eat ethically killed animals nowadays (locally raised, organic, free range etc)Especially here in southern California where i live.

farmed animals produce about 10% of the world's emissions, many vegetable oils have a bigger footprint than animal fats

With the current trend in technology, : low energy, low waste, just, diverse farming is possible. Vegans are such extremist.

The issue isn't eating meat, it's the current farming model that is the problem in this country.

I've been known to order a burger at a steakhouse before. Steaks are great, but one bite of a burger gives you more flavors than a bite of steak. I'd rather grill my own steaks at home and get a loaded burger that I probably won't put together myself at a restaurant.

There's plenty of places where one can go and eat ethically killed animals nowadays (locally raised, organic, free range etc)Especially here in southern California where i live.

farmed animals produce about 10% of the world's emissions, many vegetable oils have a bigger footprint than animal fats

With the current trend in technology, : low energy, low waste, just, diverse farming is possible. Vegans are such extremist.

The issue isn't eating meat, it's the current farming model that is the problem in this country.

1) There is no such thing as ethically killed animals, that is a name we made up to make ourselves feel better about what we do. You are either killed or kept alive, it is as simple as that. At least embrace your meat eating habits instead of lying to yourself. If someone said they were going to kill me I would be absolutely devastated knowing that I'm leaving behind my family. I wouldn't be thinking of how I was going to die, it is wrong simply for the fact that my life has been chosen to end prematurely. But again, this really only applies to people who eat meat for satisfaction rather than people in areas where survival depends upon hunting.

2) Where do you get the number 10% from? If you list a statistic like that without a proper source there really is no point in bringing that up.

3) Even if it were true that oils are a bigger issue than factory farming (which is bogus) it doesn't change the fact that your diet still requires more oil than mine does. Plenty of vegans don't even use oil and I use it seldom.

4) How are vegans extremists? I cut a whopping 4 animals from my diet: chickens, cows pigs and fish. Wow such an extremist, right? Just because you don't like my lifestyle doesn't make me an extremist. I don't even agree with most forms of vegan activism. It usually just makes people double down with their meat eating

Back