Cheeseburgers
ribs
yogurt
cheese
sandwiches
Fried Chicken
Pasta
Sushi

I've always thought steak was the most overrated food. I like it, but I don't see the big deal. I've had some nice cuts and even dropped some cash at a few fancy restaurants and I guess I just have white trash taste buds because I would take a burger over a steak any day.

I also hate how people get all snobby if somebody wants a well done steak and think that eating raw meat some how makes you cool. I like my steak medium, raw meat (besides fish) wierds me out. I could give a shit less if somebody wants burn their steak or eat it raw and put ketchup on it.
Eating a burnt steak at outback isn’t spending some cash on steak. Sorry bro but you don’t really know what you are talking about.

I’m not saying outback is terrible. I like to go there for a cheap eat with the family, it’s just not the best steak in the world.

1) There is no such thing as ethically killed animals, that is a name we made up to make ourselves feel better about what we do. You are either killed or kept alive, it is as simple as that. At least embrace your meat eating habits instead of lying to yourself. If someone said they were going to kill me I would be absolutely devastated knowing that I'm leaving behind my family. I wouldn't be thinking of how I was going to die, it is wrong simply for the fact that my life has been chosen to end prematurely. But again, this really only applies to people who eat meat for satisfaction rather than people in areas where survival depends upon hunting.

2) Where do you get the number 10% from? If you list a statistic like that without a proper source there really is no point in bringing that up.

3) Even if it were true that oils are a bigger issue than factory farming (which is bogus) it doesn't change the fact that your diet still requires more oil than mine does. Plenty of vegans don't even use oil and I use it seldom.

4) How are vegans extremists? I cut a whopping 4 animals from my diet: chickens, cows pigs and fish. Wow such an extremist, right? Just because you don't like my lifestyle doesn't make me an extremist. I don't even agree with most forms of vegan activism. It usually just makes people double down with their meat eating
You were doing a good job of pointing out they were trolling you in this thread as your prior posts were perfectly appropriate for this thread and you did not spam any veganism stuff but then you got baited into it.

Anyway... when people refer to 'ethics' in farming and raising 'feed' animals they are referring to ones who are raised in a way that gives them a reasonably comfortable life with minimal stress and a death that has minimal stress and no gratuitous pain or suffering at death. That is ethical and often a better life and death than the animals would have in the wild.

You may have your own weird definition of ethics in this situation but understand that we don't have to accept it.

1) There is no such thing as ethically killed animals, that is a name we made up to make ourselves feel better about what we do. You are either killed or kept alive, it is as simple as that. At least embrace your meat eating habits instead of lying to yourself. If someone said they were going to kill me I would be absolutely devastated knowing that I'm leaving behind my family. I wouldn't be thinking of how I was going to die, it is wrong simply for the fact that my life has been chosen to end prematurely. But again, this really only applies to people who eat meat for satisfaction rather than people in areas where survival depends upon hunting.

2) Where do you get the number 10% from? If you list a statistic like that without a proper source there really is no point in bringing that up.

3) Even if it were true that oils are a bigger issue than factory farming (which is bogus) it doesn't change the fact that your diet still requires more oil than mine does. Plenty of vegans don't even use oil and I use it seldom.

4) How are vegans extremists? I cut a whopping 4 animals from my diet: chickens, cows pigs and fish. Wow such an extremist, right? Just because you don't like my lifestyle doesn't make me an extremist. I don't even agree with most forms of vegan activism. It usually just makes people double down with their meat eating

1. Vegans complain about factory farming and emissions, when people have alternatives they still say no one should eat meat and meat is murder. They only look at it from an emotional, humanistic point of view. The way you described yourself getting killed exemplifies that. There completely is ethical farming and hunting, and it is different from factory farming.

2. Source is from here
Meat: A Benign Extravagance

3. No one said oils were a bigger issue.

4. Extremist: factory farming is wrong therefore no one should eat meat. That's like saying my radiator isn't working, let's just throw out the whole car. How about we start with changing the way we farm animals in the first place?

Have you ever thought how this world would actually look if everyone was vegan? It's not even a realistic alternative to factory farming. It's the wrong conversation to bring up

If you ever come to germany try Schweinshaxe
Schweinshaxe.jpg

Steak can't fuck with this

How is it not a morality issue? People no longer eat to survive, they eat for taste. You can live perfectly happy as a vegan and cause minimal damage to wildlife. I don't blame some humans for eating meat because they're truly in a situation where they need what is around them but you aren't in their situation. You're living comfortably in a 1st world country where you're prioritizing taste buds more than anything else. You make the argument that we are apex predators because we rule this planet. Why does being on top give us the right to destroy whatever is in front of us? We have 7.5 billion people on a planet that has finite resources. Animal agriculture takes up a lot of land and that land could be used to grow more food for starving humans rather than cows. Maybe a long time ago it wasn't a morality issue but things have changed. And lol at life feeds on life. Yeah becAuse factory farming is so natural

lol a cow is not wildlife. It's only purpose on this planet is to get eaten by people.

Steak is good but nothing beats a pineapple pizza dipped in ketchup

I just think the pig is more versatile and you get much different cuts than you do with beef.

Red meat is one note for he most part. Pig is so different across the animal

Personally I love a Veal Chop more than steak as well. But a ribeye is delicious.
I wouldn’t argue about all the delicious variety you get from a pig, but beef is hardly one-note. Forgetting all the different cuts of steak you’ve got several roasting joints, brisket, shin, cheek, oxtail - all different and all delicious.

lol a cow is not wildlife. It's only purpose on this planet is to get eaten by people.

You are not seeing the bigger picture. People want grass fed cows. Do you know how much space that takes up? How do you think we get that space? By cutting down forests. What do you think lives in those forests? Wildlife.

You are not seeing the bigger picture. People want grass fed cows. Do you know how much space that takes up? How do you think we get that space? By cutting down forests. What do you think lives in those forests? Wildlife.

Most of the farmland in America was never forest. Never heard of the Great Plain?

You were doing a good job of pointing out they were trolling you in this thread as your prior posts were perfectly appropriate for this thread and you did not spam any veganism stuff but then you got baited into it.

Anyway... when people refer to 'ethics' in farming and raising 'feed' animals they are referring to ones who are raised in a way that gives them a reasonably comfortable life with minimal stress and a death that has minimal stress and no gratuitous pain or suffering at death. That is ethical and often a better life and death than the animals would have in the wild.

You may have your own weird definition of ethics in this situation but understand that we don't have to accept it.

Just because something has a long life doesn't mean that the quality of that life is improved. They are kept away from natural predators so naturally they will love longer. It is been proven that many animals exhibit stress behavior when in captivity. Animals do far better when they are free. But that wasn't my point, my point is that I believe animals dying is not necessary in modern society and that meat consumption is done only for satisfaction and nothing more.

I wasn't baited into it. If someone asks me about my diet I will answer them. Hopefully in the future you will be more understanding of why vegans get frustrated. Contrary to popular believe we usually don't tell people about our diet. It comes up all the time because people are obsessed with discussing food

And I don't have weird ethics. It is most meat eaters who have weird ethics. People claiming they love animals when they pay money to have them slaughtered. Most people love dogs but not animals. At least my actions align with my thoughts.

Food wise, I can't really think of anything much better than a filet mignon.

Come at me vegans.

I literally just ate one for breakfast not 5minutes ago.

Most of the farmland in America was never forest. Never heard of the Great Plain?

We can't feed a population as big as ours with how much meat people consume. You really believe that no wildlife is harmed in animal agriculture?

I'm also not implying that veganism is without damage. My existence will inevitably cause suffering to something. But at least I can make choices that lessen it to an extent. Am I wrong for doing that?

I never even tell people what to do. People ask me if I'm vegan and now I'm the bad guy for talking about it.

1. Vegans complain about factory farming and emissions, when people have alternatives they still say no one should eat meat and meat is murder. They only look at it from an emotional, humanistic point of view. The way you described yourself getting killed exemplifies that. There completely is ethical farming and hunting, and it is different from factory farming.

2. Source is from here
Meat: A Benign Extravagance

3. No one said oils were a bigger issue.

4. Extremist: factory farming is wrong therefore no one should eat meat. That's like saying my radiator isn't working, let's just throw out the whole car. How about we start with changing the way we farm animals in the first place?

Have you ever thought how this world would actually look if everyone was vegan? It's not even a realistic alternative to factory farming. It's the wrong conversation to bring up

1) I never said meat is murder. Why did you ignore the part where I said that I don't agree with most vegan activism? I only used the example of myself being killed because if animals could communicate that they would clearly say the same thing. They already tell it to us by getting out of the way when we try to harm them. Believe it or not, I do value humans more than animals and no I don't equate it to murder. My whole point is that there is an alternative way to eating that isn't so destructive.

2) I'm not really sure if that is a source, linking a book written by a single author on amazon. Kinda sketchy, didn't even list a page where that number came from. Pretty dishonest and lazy.

3) You said oils leave a larger footprint. Again, list a source for that. If you're going to say stuff like this then where are the sources?

4) Factory farming exists because you eat meat and there are many people. Don't act like you are above it when you contribute to it

Most of the foods listed are great, and on a given day I might take any one of them over a steak. I don't think that diminishes the quality of a good steak at all, though. I cook steaks at home a couple times a month, and go out for an expensive steak dinner a few times a year, and it's a great treat. I'm grabbing a slice or a sandwich far more frequently, if only because it's much simpler.

Assuming the same level of quality, and prepared by equally skilled chef, there really isn't many food better than steak. It's as delicious and nutritious, while food like pizza is tasty too, not nearly as healthy.

The downside is cost and difficulty to find quality butcher that source good quality meat.

Back