Things to see and do in Chicago

Hitman81

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I'm in Chicago for my brother's wedding and have a day to kill. What can't I miss?!

My current objectives:
A handful of microbreweries
Wrigley Field
United Center
Navy Pier
Sears Tower
A traditional deep dish pie

Could get shot. That always makes the day interesting.

It depends what you are interested in. There is more than enough for one day, so you can pick and choose. I'm not a big fan of the sightseeing stuff.

Find a place that sells authentic NY pizza and enjoy.

i still regret it but when i was in Chi town i never got a real deep dish pizza... shit pisses me off.

The other point though is if you are in Chi town and drunk stop by Culvers. That is some good eating one of my favorite semi local hambugerias that i have come across. the rueben is good too but it lacks the sour punch that want from pickled foods so i usually get some extra mustard to dip.
If you are in the Chi town metro stop by the piggly wiggly and get some firewater and then go to culver for drunkchies and your night will be fire.

i still regret it but when i was in Chi town i never got a real deep dish pizza... shit pisses me off.

The other point though is if you are in Chi town and drunk stop by Culvers. That is some good eating one of my favorite semi local hambugerias that i have come across. the rueben is good too but it lacks the sour punch that want from pickled foods so i usually get some extra mustard to dip.
If you are in the Chi town metro stop by the piggly wiggly and get some firewater and then go to culver for drunkchies and your night will be fire.

Are you talking about the Culvers franchise?

culvers_logo.jpg

If you like ribs, go to Twin Anchors, order a full rack of "zesty and crispy".

Thank me later.

Institute of Art. Lots of ribs. River boat tour.

Navy peer seemed a tad lame, silly rides and bad fast food.

Are you talking about the Culvers franchise?

culvers_logo.jpg
yes culvers is awesome and great hamburger stop. pretty much every part of the US has its own hamburger stops and Culvers is one of my favorites. Just for reference IN-N-Out is another semi local hamburger franchise (not local to Chi though)

yes culvers is awesome and great hamburger stop. pretty much every part of the US has its own hamburger stops and Culvers is one of my favorites. Just for reference IN-N-Out is another semi local hamburger franchise (not local to Chi though)

I figured you were talking about that Culvers, but I wasn't sure if there was maybe another restaurant. Not that I think Culvers is bad, but man, it would not be one of my destinations if I had one day in Chicago.

Getting shot, or watching someone else get shot.

I'm in Chicago for my brother's wedding and have a day to kill. What can't I miss?!

My current objectives:
A handful of microbreweries
Wrigley Field
United Center
Navy Pier
Sears Tower
A traditional deep dish pie

Food:
Traditional Chicago Style Hot Dog (ketchup is for queers)
Italian Beef
Garrett's Popcorn

Is there anything even going on at the united center right now? Might want to skip that one honestly.

If you are feeling enlightened:
Art Institute of Chicago
Museum of Science and Industry
Field Museum
Adler Planiterium
Shedd Aquarium

Millenium park to get your token picture infront of the Bean.

I figured you were talking about that Culvers, but I wasn't sure if there was maybe another restaurant. Not that I think Culvers is bad, but man, it would not be one of my destinations if I had one day in Chicago.
just giving opinions
i was stuck in the ass end of chicago for weeks at a time and going to the local bars for events and getting blitzed with friends and then hitting up Culvers was awesome. But yeah if dude is in downtown Chi there are so many other places to go its insane Chi town is a gastronomy capital and the craft beer scene is awesome as well. But Chicago is fucking huge and there are plenty of places outside of the downtown area that are lacking in the options available. Although the trains are Convenient i liked riding the trains from the border of Milwaukee the scenery pulling into downtown was awesome

Institute of Art. Lots of ribs. River boat tour.

Navy peer seemed a tad lame, silly rides and bad fast food.

Boat tour is a good call. I've never done it personally but everyone I know who did raves.

Boat tour is a good call. I've never done it personally but everyone I know who did raves.

I did one with the wife and 8 year old daughter. Was educational for all. Even the kid aid attention. Full bar for the adults (it was a hot day) and a treat for the kid.

Food:
Traditional Chicago Style Hot Dog (ketchup is for queers)
Italian Beef
Garrett's Popcorn

Is there anything even going on at the united center right now? Might want to skip that one honestly.

If you are feeling enlightened:
Art Institute of Chicago
Museum of Science and Industry
Field Museum
Adler Planiterium
Shedd Aquarium

Millenium park to get your token picture infront of the Bean.
I really just wanted to take a pic with the MJ statue.

Back