Thinking of quitting coffee/caffeine.

revoltub

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
I've been slamming it first thing every morning for years now. I'm thinking of quitting and seeing how it affects me. Anyone else do this and if so what was it like?

I've never understood the appeal of coffee

It tastes like shit, and is bad for you anyway

Iced coffee is alright but is really a poor man's chocolate milk

Coffee is almost as bad as beer

Ill strike that one down as a no.

One day you’ll grow up. Coffee has a lot of health benefits of course in moderation.

One day you’ll grow up. Coffee has a lot of health benefits of course in moderation.
Moderation is individual based on tolerance. I take 800mg of caffeine a day and Im good. Theres people who take 1.2 GRAMS of caffeine with no health risks. I read recently about a girl who died after taking 480 mg of caffeine.

Coffee with a couple breakfast tacos is the shit.

Started drinking coffee in 2008. Stopped late in 2010. Had a huge mug every morning. Went into a store in 2013 and the smell of coffee hit me for the first time since I stopped. Bought one and next thing you know I unpacked the coffee machine and have been drinking it ever since.

I was only drinking in the morning then started having an afternoon cup and now have added a evening cup. When I quit in 2010...no problems. Now if I were to....no telling...but good luck!

drinking raspberry dunked Amaretto coffee RN
depositphotos_29515971-stock-illustration-woodcut-illustration-of-man-with.jpg

Don’t do it! Coffee is amazing and great, don’t join the the heathens

this post is lowering my testosterone by reading it

I've been slamming it first thing every morning for years now. I'm thinking of quitting and seeing how it affects me. Anyone else do this and if so what was it like?
the only thing that makes me want to quit coffee is the diuretic effect it has makes you feel dehydrated sometimes if you drink too much.

Never got into the drinking coffee in the morning as a routine thing, and it feels like I'm the only person I know who doesn't.

Just doesn't do anything for me. It also seems like a lot of people who drink coffee also smoke cigarettes though which I don't either.

I don't mind a cup of black maybe one cream one sugar if I'm eating a breakfast meal like bacon and eggs at a restaurant though. But that's about the only time.

Used to drink 8 cups or so of coffee a day. It started exacerbating anxiety and stomach issues so I went down to 2 cups a day. When the stomach issues persisted I went to decaf. Eventually went down to zero, one of the best things I ever did. It took a long while, 3-6 months for my body to adjust to the prospect of no or limited caffeine and for my gut to heal. I now drink roasted barley tea, and decaf tea. More power to you if you can drink coffee, and I miss the ritual and taste of it every day, but it was destroying me.

I used to drink about four or five shots of espresso every day. Then I quit completely about 5 years ago for a year. Then I decided to start drinking caffeine again but only during the week and I’ve kept that ever since. So Monday through Friday I’ll have no caffeine. Then Saturday and Sunday I’ll crush some Red Bull’s and coffee and be like
:meow:

9A1883AE-45F1-45CC-A517-85DB08A6ACED.jpeg Coffee rules so much that I am drinking an Americano right now in Osaka before taking the Shinkansen to Kyoto

I'll add cigarettes to that list too.

Funny enough, roasted coffee beans, beer hops and unburnt cigarettes smell heavenly. But brew 'em and light 'em up and they taste and smell like shit.

Weirdly, an exception is a nice fresh ice-cold smokey stout with a tinge of coffee flavour.

Yes it does but that doesn't make it tasty.

I feel you, bro!
People love bitter taste.
I don't know why the fuck but they do.

Back