This can't be good. Angry's diet log.

AngryA

White Belt
Reaction score
Hi everybody.
weight: around 215
training log:http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f49/dont-make-me-angry-you-wont-like-me-when-im-angry-1040565/

My goals are to lose a lot of this fat and get to around 189 or lower by february.
I want to get as strong as I can while losing weight and increasing my conditioning for wrestling.

I eat fairly good when we have helthy food at the house. i have to deal with family getting crap food sometimes so it can be hard. We don't always have money so I eat what and when I can.

All comments, suggestions and complaints are welcome. Wish me luck.

Bananas, and potatoes/yams are very cheap.
Also you can get a bag of frozen chicken brests that will last a while pretty cheaply.

Yea I normally try to have frozen foods around the house. I also have some whey that I can use when there is nothing else. The hardest part is getting all of my vegetables in. I might look for a greens+ supplement to have for days I don't have any veggies.

Sunday 9/27/09

11:30 a.m. - 1 egg, a few slices turkey, 1 slice american cheese. 1 yogurt cup. fish oil capsule, multi, 1 echinacea.

2:30 p.m. - Sliced turkey, 2 slices american cheese, small handfull mixed nuts.

4:20 p.m. - 4 bite size Dove dark chocolates.

9:30 p.m - 1 can tuna w/ hotsauce

Monday 9/28/09

6:15 a.m.- Protein shake with 1.5 scoops whey, 1/2 yogurt cup. 2 fish oil capsules, multi, 1 echinacea.

3:40 p.m.- large handfull walnuts and pecans.

6:00 p.m.- Keilbasa (sp?) and salad w/ mozarella cheese, green peppers, black olive, tomatoes, iceberg lettuce. Ranch dressing.

It seems like you didn't eat much yesterday (Sunday). Do you typically only eat that much?

It seems like you didn't eat much yesterday (Sunday). Do you typically only eat that much?

I try to eat more but we really don't have money right now so I eat whatever I can. It is even worse during school days because I can't buy a lunch. I normally eat quite a bit when there is food around. I am losing weight but I am worried that I might lose muscle too.

yea it does. Tuna doesn't seem to go with a lot of things unlike other fish. I don't like mayo or celery or any of the normal tuna ingredients so I just use hotsauce. I think the chipotle tabasco goes best with it.

Teusday 9/29/09

6:20 a.m.- 2 scoops whey w/ water. 1 yogurt cup. 2 fisg oil caps, multi, echinacea.

5:30 p.m.- china food buffet. Lots of beef and broccoli, general tsoa's chicken, and some pork.

Beans, Eggs, peanuts are cheap and high in protein and calories. Good luck

AngryA - do you have a job? Just asking - but if you are looking for one, you may want to look into working at a fast food joint. When I was 16-17, I worked at Arby's and constantly ate a shitload of their food for free. It was awesome.

Sunday 9/27/09

11:30 a.m. - 1 egg (70), a few slices turkey (80), 1 slice american cheese (100). 1 yogurt cup (100). fish oil capsule, multi, 1 echinacea.

2:30 p.m. - Sliced turkey (80), 2 slices american cheese (200), small handfull mixed nuts (150).

4:20 p.m. - 4 bite size Dove dark chocolates.

9:30 p.m - 1 can tuna w/ hotsauce (140)

Assuming my calorie estimates are near-correct (depends on the type of turkey, what constitutes a "slice" of cheese, and what type of yogurt you're eating), you're only getting around 900-1000 calories in that day. That is way too low, even for a girl. To give you a baseline, Lyle McDonald suggests an absolute minimum of 1200 Calories. This is with only very modest amounts of low-moderate intensity exercise. If you're doing any sort of lifting, your cortisol levels will be through the roof.

I know you're trying to lose weight, but try and fit some cheap calories in there... another 300 or so... even if it's just bread. Malnutrition sucks.

AngryA - do you have a job? Just asking - but if you are looking for one, you may want to look into working at a fast food joint. When I was 16-17, I worked at Arby's and constantly ate a shitload of their food for free. It was awesome.

I don't have a job right now but I need to get one soon. I am just worried because I also have lifting and other training going on, plus homework, and wrestling season will be starting in a couple weeks. But I do need to get a job because my dad will be out of one mid-October.

Assuming my calorie estimates are near-correct (depends on the type of turkey, what constitutes a "slice" of cheese, and what type of yogurt you're eating), you're only getting around 900-1000 calories in that day. That is way too low, even for a girl. To give you a baseline, Lyle McDonald suggests an absolute minimum of 1200 Calories. This is with only very modest amounts of low-moderate intensity exercise. If you're doing any sort of lifting, your cortisol levels will be through the roof.

I know you're trying to lose weight, but try and fit some cheap calories in there... another 300 or so... even if it's just bread. Malnutrition sucks.

I know I need to eat more even with trying to lose weight. I normally get a big dinner, so that is where a good amount of my calories come from. I also normally have eggs for breakfast but we are all out right now. It is just with school and no money I can't eat during school. I think I am going to try and bring in some nuts to snack on throughout the day at school. Its normally not this bad but money is really tight and I have been losing my appetite due to stress and other family problems right now.

HAHAHAHA!! While I was typing my last post my dad was talking to some of the people at my new school. I can get lunch for 40 cents and I don't have to pay for wrestling which is normally $200. I win.:D

HAHAHAHA!! While I was typing my last post my dad was talking to some of the people at my new school. I can get lunch for 40 cents and I don't have to pay for wrestling which is normally $200. I win.:D

thats superb news! haha :p

Awesome. I used to save my money that I got for lunch when I didn't have a job, so what I did to get food in my stomach was eat people's leftovers. Lol. I used to sit with a group of people in the cafeteria, and they would often say, "I don't want these mashed potatoes", and I'd be all over it. You'd be surprised how much food you can eat when you sit with girls at lunch who don't want to finish their food.

Awesome. I used to save my money that I got for lunch when I didn't have a job, so what I did to get food in my stomach was eat people's leftovers. Lol. I used to sit with a group of people in the cafeteria, and they would often say, "I don't want these mashed potatoes", and I'd be all over it. You'd be surprised how much food you can eat when you sit with girls at lunch who don't want to finish their food.

lol! I do that with my wife all the time. Muncha, Muncha, Muncha!

Wednesday 9/30/09

6:30 a.m.- large scoop natural peanut butter. 2 fish oil, multi, echinacea.

Woke up late. Thats why I didn't get much in for breakfast. Still waiting on all of the paperwork to be finished for my reduced lunch.

6:00 p.m.- 2 chicken breasts w/homemade salsa and hotsauce. Half a plate of potatoes. And small bowl of REAL Greek salad made with tomatoes, cucumbers, green peppers, onions, feta and olives in vinegar and olive oil.

7:00p.m.- 3 chocolate chip cookies.

I love my Grandma.:icon_chee

Back