This Is America: You Will Be Smiling Like An Idiot After Seeing These Wholesome Pictures

abiG

The Last Iconoclast
Banned
Reaction score
There is this idea currently being pushed that America, especially under King Trump, is this hateful and abhorrently prejudice nation. Are there racists here? Sure, of course, racism is everywhere and has been around probably since people first came in contact with those of another race. But is that a fair way to describe Americans as many pundits now suggest?

What sucks is, now we are seeing the effects; many people are seeing racism everywhere. We have threats of violence coming nonstop, while actual violent acts are playing out far too often.

Anyways, I came across this piece and thought I would share, as much of this is rarely shown in today's climate. We need 'feel good' threads in the WR.

Enjoy:

Former United States President John F. Kennedy once said, “Tolerance implies no lack of commitment to one's own beliefs. Rather it condemns the oppression or persecution of others.” Since the election the majority of U.S citizens feel that race relations have gotten worse. These poor race relations coincide with a record high in political divides, reaffirming the popular phrase that the U.S is now a nation divided.

It can all seem overwhelming at times, so stop and take a minute. Take a break from the bad news on your social media feeds, the political pundits, and hateful rhetoric. We wants you to remember all the good things that still happen day to day and that we can all do a small part in bringing more tolerance. We have gathered a list of stories that show random acts of kindness people have shown to their fellow citizens, and we hope it will restore some faith you have in humanity....

http://www.yourdestinationnow.com/2018/07/this-is-america-you-will-be-smiling.html

Here are a few examples:
A Couple Of Months Ago, An Elderly Lady Asked Me To Walk Her Home Because She Was Scared She Was Going To Slip On The Ice. We've Become Friends And Now I Walk Her Home Almost Everyday

Officer Talks Man Out Of Committing Suicide. Eight Years Later, The Now-Father-Of-Two Gives The Officer An Award At The American Foundation Of Suicide
3.jpg

7-Year-Old Boy Donates $20 From Piggy Bank To Help Vandalized Mosque. Wanted Apple iPad. So He Got One

"Dear Jack,

You had saved $20 in your piggybank for an Apple iPad. But then a local Islamic mosque was vandalized, so you donated your $20 to this local Texas mosque. Because of your amazing generosity & kind heart, please enjoy this Apple iPad with our sincere thanks :)

Love,

The American Muslim Community :)

Last edited:
Thursday I went to Edgewater live at Edgewater beach in Cleveland and it was a local reggae band.

There was a thousand people of every race hanging out on the beach eating and listening to music. I think Cleveland has to be one of the least racist cities.

One of the only nice beaches in Cleveland, place is amazing

Last edited:
Thursday I went to Edgewater live at Edgewater beach in Cleveland and it was a local reggae band.

There was a thousand people of every race hanging out on the beach eating and listening to music. I think Cleveland has to be one of the least racist cities.

Except when they sprayed a racist term for black people on Lebron James property and this was after he won them a championship

Except when they sprayed a racist term for black people on Lebron James property and this was after he won them a championship
"They" or some racist moron?

And I love Reggae, have been to many shows and have seen it myself. Great example, @Dober4.

This is how things should be everywhere but sadly it is not.

some-men-just-want-to-watch-the-world-burn-gif-7.gif

Last edited:
Obviously staged. Black people and white people cannot encounter each other without racisms occurring.

And "we" got away with it!

It is racist to suggest that there exist many human races.

That last story about the boy donating his $20 towards the vandalised mosque really warms my cold, dead heart. Those parents should be proud.

I say this all the time but we're all so charged politically all the time due to the constant barrage of bullshit from media in every single facet of our lives. Most people are just normal people trying to have a good time while being kind to each other. Of course there's nutjobs everywhere but they truly are few and far between.

Looks like a thinly veiled trump nut hug thread.

Did my reply trigger you?

Answer my question first please, I need time to deal with my literal shaking right now first.

Trump winning awards for helping inner city blacks incoming.

So you have a few good and a whole lot of bad ones.

Sorry but a good act does negate everyday acts of bad ones.

I'd say the good acts to bad are a hundred to 1.

Back