This is the First Time there isn't a CLEAR P4P #1

BoD 2.0

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Who is the best fighter in the sport right now? Here's a list of the top guys, and I can honestly make an argument for any one of them being the top guy:

1. Khabib
2. Tony
3. Max
4. TJ
5. Cormier

Then others:
6. Woodley
7. Jones - He'd go right back to #1 and solve this problem, if he looks impressive vs Gus

Can anyone remember a time when the P4P Rankings were so unclear?

They are all solid.

Skill set wise , I don’t think khabib belongs there , as he’s just very very very good at one thing. Obv he’s great, but IMO p4p I think best most rounded fighter.

TJs skillset is there, Jones obv, DC and of course Max

there has never been a clear p4p nr1 fighter imo. its al subjective and everyone has his own opinion why a certain fighter should or shouldnt be p4p nr1.

Even though LHW/HW doesn't exactly have the same challenges as say LW/WW...to me you have to start with someone who has maxed out multiple divisions before you get to the other guys.

it all depends what the criteria of the p4p #1 will be. Tbh different fighters could have number 1 spot with different criterias.

They are all solid.

Skill set wise , I don’t think khabib belongs there , as he’s just very very very good at one thing. Obv he’s great, but IMO p4p I think best most rounded fighter.

That's not what P4P means.

It has nothing to do with skill set.

250 lb Max that has the exact same attributes as 145 lb Max

P4P is stupid as fuck

Who is the best fighter in the sport right now? Here's a list of the top guys, and I can honestly make an argument for any one of them being the top guy:

1. Khabib
2. Tony
3. Max
4. TJ
5. Cormier

Then others:
6. Woodley
7. Jones - He'd go right back to #1 and solve this problem, if he looks impressive vs Gus

Can anyone remember a time when the P4P Rankings were so unclear?

Not sure if I would put TJ on the list quite yet. Maybe after the Cejuda fight, and not because of Cejuda. Because of the different weight class champ(even though Cejuda's not really champ-tested, but then again neither is TJ).

They are all solid.

Why do they have to be well-rounded to be p4p? Does it really matter how they win? Even if a guy's a one-dimensional fighter and he's getting the job done, is it his fault for winning one way over and over or is it his opposition's fault for not being able to crack the code to defeat them?

Why do they have to be well-rounded to be p4p? Does it really matter how they win? Even if a guy's a one-dimensional fighter and he's getting the job done, is it his fault for winning one way over and over or is it his opposition's fault for not being able to crack the code to defeat them?
No. I’m just giving my opinion.

I don’t think he’s the best overall fighter.
He’s just the best at grappling. Which allows him to win all his matches.

He's the best at putting McGregor on his ass with a right hand too.

No, I understand you were just stating your opinion. I was just wondering why a fighter has to be well-rounded, in your eyes, to make the P4P list? Also, I wasn't stating any specific fighter. I was just making an example.

Jones is the best fighter we’ve ever seen in the octagon.

It's most definitely DC. People just hate to recognize it still. In b4 "durr picked title fights durr"

Back