This is the First Time there isn't a CLEAR P4P #1

If Jones is active, it's him.

After that, it's between Holloway, DC, Ferguson, TJ or Khabib.

Ferguson is atrociously underrated solely because he doesn't have a belt.... A belt the ufc won't let him have.
As we have seen in the Ortega/Holloway fight being ranked number one behind the champ doesn’t make you equal to the champ so Khabib is in the mix, Tony is not.

As we have seen in the Ortega/Holloway fight being ranked number one behind the champ doesn’t make you equal to the champ so Khabib is in the mix, Tony is not.

And as we have seen many other times in MMA, holding the belt doesn't make you the best fighter in the division

Khabib could have given Conor his smeshing right after UFC 205 for example but Conor still held the belt for a year

Khabib is better than Tony when he proves it in the cage, not before

It's most definitely DC. People just hate to recognize it still. In b4 "durr picked title fights durr"
I don't get how it is even a debate. Other than 1 fight vs Jones he's never lost and he's won and defended 2 belts in 2 different weight classes. If TJ beats Cejudo he's the only other guy with a claim with Max/Bobby Knuckles/Woodley straight after in any order

1.Jones 2. Dc 3. Max 4. Khabib 5. TJ 6. Woodley 7. Tony 8. Whittaker 9. Stipe 10. I guess cejudo

Jones once he gets his title back but Khabib/Tony winner would have a good case, TJ becoming double champ would have a case and I think Max after few more wins will have a case.

and DC of course. So yeah the top 5 guys or so all have a case.

They are all solid.

Skill set wise , I don’t think khabib belongs there , as he’s just very very very good at one thing. Obv he’s great, but IMO p4p I think best most rounded fighter.

TJs skillset is there, Jones obv, DC and of course Max

?

We are not looking for the best all-around fighter or most versatile fighter.

We are looking for the best fighter. If Khabib's grappling ability allows him to beat up Fighter X, then he is better than Fighter X, even if fighter X is better at boxing, muay thai, taekwondo, savate, and Super Smash Brothers on Nintendo Wii.

Where u been?

It's dc or Woodley or Jones or dj

They are all solid.

Skill set wise , I don’t think khabib belongs there , as he’s just very very very good at one thing. Obv he’s great, but IMO p4p I think best most rounded fighter.

TJs skillset is there, Jones obv, DC and of course Max
P4P is dominance in their respected division/divisions.

it has nothing to do with skill set.

Not sure why you think that. Strange.

Who cares how fighters win fights? As long as they win.

So a more well rounded fighter is going to be higher on the P4P rankings than a 1- dimensional fighter who wins more fights? That makes no sense at all.

Nope, that’s not what I said at all. Sounds like you’re confused about everything.

Nope, that’s not what I said at all. Sounds like you’re confused about everything.
"It has a lot to do with skill set, actually"

Your words, not mine.

P4P has absolutely nothing to do with skill set.

Doesn't matter how you win fights, just that you win them.

And as we have seen many other times in MMA, holding the belt doesn't make you the best fighter in the division

Khabib could have given Conor his smeshing right after UFC 205 for example but Conor still held the belt for a year

Khabib is better than Tony when he proves it in the cage, not before
Khabib is the belt holder, he is better than both Tony and you. You and Tony both need to prove otherwise.

Jon Jones
fedor-laughing-GIF-happy-to-super-serious.gif

Next series of fights will sort it out
Max will come out on top

"It has a lot to do with skill set, actually"

Your words, not mine.

P4P has absolutely nothing to do with skill set.

Doesn't matter how you win fights, just that you win them.

Nothing to do with skill set, you say? So, Floyd Mayweather can be #1 P4P in MMA right now if he wanted?

You’re a confused man. It’s okay.

there has never been a clear p4p nr1 fighter imo. its al subjective and everyone has his own opinion why a certain fighter should or shouldnt be p4p nr1.
this lol

there has never, not once been a clear consensus choice for this.

Nothing to do with skill set, you say? So, Floyd Mayweather can be #1 P4P in MMA right now if he wanted?

You’re a confused man. It’s okay.

If Floyd entered MMA and won all his fights against the best competition out there, along the way winning title (or titles).

Yeah.

That's how it works. Just like all the other fighters at the top of the MMA P4P list has done.

Was that seriously your argument? 2006 account and you don't know what P4P means.

tenor.gif

If Floyd entered MMA and won all his fights against the best competition out there, along the way winning title (or titles).

Yeah.

That's how it works. Just like all the other fighters at the top of the MMA P4P list has done.

Was that seriously your argument? 2006 account and you don't know what P4P means.

tenor.gif

I agree, if he won all of his fights against all the best competition in multiple weight classes, he could be #1 P4P. I’ve never argued against that.

But guess what? He wouldn’t because skill set is directly correlated with being at the very top of the game.

All I’ve ever said is that skill set has a lot to do with it, which it does.

Again, you’re a confused man. It’s all good.

Back