This is why a progressive wave must overthrow the Democrats in 2018 and 2020.

BTW this isn't for the Republican trumpets here and the War Room. We already know you want to deport everyone who wasn't born in this country.

lol_spider-man.gif

Guess the Dems aren't ALL bad after all.

psssssst..... 97% of politicians are complete sacks of shit

The Dems haven't been worthwhile since the '60s and they were fucked in the head then too

Republicans lost their way around Goldwater and never got it back

Only answer is a brick wall and that ain't gonna happen

Other than your support of racial bias in the criminal justice system, that's all mainstream Democratic stuff.

there is no racial bias in criminal justice system

there is a difference in outcome, for example blacks get shot at a higher rate by police because they disproportionally commit crimes at a higher rate and as such have bigger negative interactions with police as a whole

the answer would be to address black culture, not to go after police who are just doing their jobs

https://www.city-journal.org/html/hard-data-hollow-protests-15458.html

and yea I vote for democrats because their views align with mine on most things, I just wish they would stop with this white privilege and sanctuary city nonsense

Bernie Sanders and Trump were both basically Independents, and were arguably the two most popular candidates. I think they were pretty much forced to run as members of the two major political parties because our system is set up to completely disregard anybody who doesn't.

There have been rumors that John Kasich (R) is planing to run with a Democrat VP in 2020. I think he believes there is a massive group of moderate types who feel alienated by both parties in a lot of ways. Plus the fact that our political system has turned into the Crypts and the Bloods has not exactly been beneficial for anybody.
Trump wouldn't have won without GOP backing.

Trump wouldn't have won without GOP backing.

I agree, he would have ended up like Bernie Sanders. A guy who had enthusiastic support, but seemed to have the machine working against him.

I agree, he would have ended up like Bernie Sanders. A guy who had enthusiastic support, but seemed to have the machine working against him.

Bernie's primary success was a result of being the "alternative" candidate more than any particular assets on his own end (note that he got support from Democrats who disagreed with the party's direction in *both* directions). Given Clinton's success at securing high-value endorsements early in the process and building a fund-raising apparatus, it was inevitable that *some* candidate would get traction. Trump's primary success was very different. What happened was that the key endorsements were essentially worthless because the party itself had been so discredited among its own supporters. Note that we saw a lot of similar Trumpian candidates surprise people (Palin got the VP nomination, but unqualified joke candidates like Cain, Bachmann, and Carson had moments of shocking success in primary polling). The GOP as an organization capitulated to Trump on rhetoric and corruption, though he has capitulated to them on policy matters.

Back